• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hit detection

Hayduke

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 8, 2011
Are there hit detection issues in this game? There were several times playing today where it was impossible for me to have missed.... a german target about 3 feet away with the SVT...unloaded 6 rounds point blank on a german who had no idea where i was and he just turns around and sprays me with the mp40. What gives? It seems that the mp40 sacrifices nothing...acts as a sniper rifle at long distance and is deadly up close (as it should be). Is there some sort of short range penalty for using the bolts and semi's? I already suck enough at this game and its frustrating when this happens. I still really enjoy this game though!!!!!!

Reactions: aD.Luoson
It's not the hit detection, it's the lack of latency compensation. You have to manually compensate for your latency, which means you have to add extra lead to all your shots to make up for it. If your target is doing anything other than standing perfectly, completely still, you will have to aim ahead of them in order to actually hit them. Even at pointblank range.

Reactions: aD.Luoson
Upvote 0