• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

November 21st Update Notes

I still get 20-30 fps with 2 gtx 460 1gb SLI and a 4.0ghz quadcore.

FIX YOUR GAME PLZ!

I'd politely suggest you update your drivers and check your game config.

Also check out Gameboost 3.1 - Its free and helps a great deal.

I use a single GTX560ti and average 50-65 fps @ ULTRA.

Reactions: Lush
Upvote 0
I still get 20-30 fps with 2 gtx 460 1gb SLI and a 4.0ghz quadcore.

FIX YOUR GAME PLZ!

1.) What is your resolution? If its more than 1920x1200 you may need a beefier video card(s)

2.) What quad core? My AMD Phenom II X6 was CPU limited at 4.0Ghz. This game is very CPU intense and hits 1 core particularly hard. The key to getting good performance in this game is having something that can absolutely kill on one thread. No AMD CPU is currently sufficient. Core 2 Duo or Core 2 Quads are also insufficient.

You won't be able to tell by looking at task manager or CPU util. Best way to tell is to leave a logger like MSI's Afterburner open while playing and look at what your GPU utilization is. If its below 100% you either have Vsync enabled or are CPU limited.

3.) Have you updated your drivers for your GTX460's? This is particularly important for SLI systems as the game profiles have a HUGE impact on performance.

4.) Have you disabled frame rate smoothing in video settings? I find this does more harm than it does good.

5.) Make sure Vsync is disabled. (both in drivers and in game)

6.) Make sure you aren't forcing anything out of the ordinary in your video card drivers. if possible set them all to their default settings.

7.) Make sure hardware physics acceleration is enabled. This can help if your CPU is overloaded.

If you still have issues, then I'd blame the game, but make sure you check the above first.

Personally I was able to play 30 - 80fps with my Phenom II X6 at 4Ghz and Radeon 6970's in Crossfire at 2560x1600 with everything turned up to Ultra/War Movie. When the frame rate dropped my GPU load would go down indicating CPU limitation, which is one of the reasons I upgraded to a new [email protected]. I have not finished installing yet, so I haven't confirmed if this has fixed my issues yet.

Upvote 0
Rejoice, the game stopped crashing on me just a week ago so i started playing! And now FPS improved with this one!
Thanks for finally fixing the game for me TWI, i was pretty disappointed with all the glitches after pretty stable Killing Floor play, but my faith in you starts to go up again. :)

Upvote 0
cool.

so it took them 2 months to make a simple change that we've been asking for since the beta. Now i assume it will take them another 2 months before they add mode to get rid of unlocks and keep historically accurate loadouts instead...

i look forward to that day.

Ha-ha. Ha-ha.

Game comes with load-outs that offend with their over-abundance of semi-autos and autos - that is bad and rightfully scorned at.

A (instert adjective) step in the right direction (to use a phrase used by a few of our fellow forumites) is made and that offending over-abundance is severed like a hydra's head... and the complaint hydra doth rear its ugly head again (not that some of the complaints are not valid points, to varying degrees).

Funny stuff. Meanwhile, some people play the game and all of us play the waiting game. Is it only now that some of us are beginning to realise what sort of a long haul we are in for if we're to see the full extent of what RO2 is ever going to be capable of? Yes, HoS's perceived and experienced perfection is a function of time.

Like I always say: Gutta cavat lapidem non vi, sed saepe cadendo.

Upvote 0
I get 80-90 FPS on Ultra and enhanced shaders. And I have a GTX460 and a Phenom 3.2GHZ triple core... sooooooo
My framerate got a lot more stable however I got some crashes that I never had before they might have something to do with alt-tabbing.

So without alt-tab I can maybe avoid that.
But the framerate is better than ever. Limited at 62 and rock solid.

Upvote 0