• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[mutator] kf rpg

very great mod :) but i have one question - is it normal or bug that i get too many experience points after spending my experience points first time for my skills? i have a feedback too - even if this is sort of endless survival gametype i hope we can still have a short rest so we can buy at the trader without specimens attacking us ;) i'm really having problems buying at trader when i'm playing solo :D

Upvote 0
Hi Father of RPG,

And Hemi, i seem to fix it by deleting serverperksstat and serverperkv4 ini that Marco create.

The experience now show. But i notice it only work well without sandbox on listen server. Other than that on sandbox and solo sometime when you buy exp as first skill it become level 2 instead of 1. And then give you experience of 20000000... Then you use it to buy lot of skills it become negative exp bonus.

And if you go serverperkstat to award more experience. The above 2000000+ appear too. Nice hard coding to prevent server admin to award more bonus. Lol.

Ok, i going to mess with IDRPGMod.ini for abit to give more dosh... But I will not modify the rpg package to prevent mismatch.

I probably hook this to my quiet server soon.

Thanks

Machine, i had 200+ active zombies on mine, but i played from same machine too, with such amount of active specimen u need to have good inet speed and players too - much data to synchronize.

Seems like config bug. Try to backup your KF.ini and IDRPGMod.ini, replace them with default and also remove ServerPerkStats.ini, because it seems u have no synch of some variables between server and client.
Before doing this, check ServerPerkStats for records like
or Skill
[*]=* or Experience=*, if there is no such records, then stats were not saved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi all i have a problem with this mod when i play alone the experience doesn't go up why ? Thanks

Try reading this thread it was answered about 5 posts back, or even reading through the ini (and alot of it is pretty self explanetory)

As Hemi said:
bUseRemoteDatabase=False ? If your doing it on the local machine it should be false. If using a remote database its True.

Upvote 0
Thanks!

I tried using custom character mutators, they work fine. :D

So far no crashes anymore.

Maybe a sort of break time sort of thing should be added, cause the monsters just keep coming at you. :eek:

[EDIT] I changed the maxplayers to 10, but it still shows up as 25 players. Im supposed to change it in the mutator config right?

Edit the Source code for ID_RPG_Base_GameType
Line 135: MaxPlayers = 25;
Line 136: default.MaxPlayers = 25;
Line 1054: MaxTeamSize=25

Also make sure you edit the IDRPGMOD.ini to max players 10 as well.

Hope this helps ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: Gooblaster
Upvote 0
:confused: Did you mean custom specimens?

No, i meant stuff like BD's Stig mod :D

Edit the Source code for ID_RPG_Base_GameType
Line 135: MaxPlayers = 25;
Line 136: default.MaxPlayers = 25;
Line 1054: MaxTeamSize=25

Also make sure you edit the IDRPGMOD.ini to max players 10 as well.

Hope this helps ^^

Oh thanks, i didn't know it was hardcoded, thought we could just change it from INI. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not to sound like a noob, but I was wondering where to put the following line:

Code:
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="K F",Acronym="AB",GameName="RPG Survival",Mutators="IDRPGMod.ID_RPG_Mutator",Optio ns=)

I have tried in the .bat which looks like this:

Code:
ucc server KF-EvilSantasLair.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=false?MaxPlayers=6?GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="K F",Acronym="AB",GameName="RPG Survival",Mutators="IDRPGMod.ID_RPG_Mutator",Optio ns=)

I'm not exactly sure if that is right... I wasn't sure where to put this.

Am I being a total noob, and not understanding what "Mutator Line" means? Or what? :|

Thanks, in advance.

Reactions: Marco
Upvote 0
Not to sound like a noob, but I was wondering where to put the following line:

Code:
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="K F",Acronym="AB",GameName="RPG Survival",Mutators="IDRPGMod.ID_RPG_Mutator",Optio ns=)

I have tried in the .bat which looks like this:

Code:
ucc server KF-EvilSantasLair.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=false?MaxPlayers=6?GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="K F",Acronym="AB",GameName="RPG Survival",Mutators="IDRPGMod.ID_RPG_Mutator",Optio ns=)

I'm not exactly sure if that is right... I wasn't sure where to put this.

Am I being a total noob, and not understanding what "Mutator Line" means? Or what? :|

Thanks, in advance.

Open Killingfloor.ini Search Mutator= and replace whats in there to Mutators="IDRPGMod.ID_RPG_Mutator"

Reactions: Marco
Upvote 0
hello. I wanted to know what effects these settings?

and also wanted to ask if the difficulty settings of normal KF is the same for the KF RPG mod this: KFGameLength = 0

[IDRPGMod.ID_RPG_Base_GameType]
MinPlayersAmount=1
MonsterLevelIncreaseCount=400
BeforeStartDelay=30
ZombiesOnce=28
ShopStartsInInterval=5
ShoppingTimeDuration=40
TimeBetweenShoppings=120
RespawnInverval=30
MaxChance=1000
bEnemyHealthBars=False
WaveConfigMenu=KFGUI.KFWaveConfigMenu
FallbackMonsterClass=KFChar.ZombieStalker_CIRCUS
InitialWave=0
FinalWave=1
bAllowNonTeamChat=True
FriendlyFireScale=0.000000
NetWait=5
bForceRespawn=True
bAdjustSkill=False
bAllowTaunts=True
bAllowTrans=False

SpawnProtectionTime=0.000000
LateEntryLives=1
LoginMenuClass=IDRPGMod.ID_GUI_InvasionLoginMenu
bAllowPrivateChat=True
bWeaponStay=True
bAllowWeaponThrowing=True
ResetTimeDelay=10
GoalScore=60
MaxLives=1
TimeLimit=0
StartMonsterLvl=2

[IDRPGMod.BleedingItem]
Damage=1
Interval=2
Count=15
BleedingHealthTreshold=25

[KFMod.KFGameType]
KFGameLength=0
WaveStartSpawnPeriod=2.000000
StartingCash=550
MinRespawnCash=550
bUseEndGameBoss=False
bRespawnOnBoss=True
bNoLateJoiners=False
TmpWavesInf=
TmpSquadsInf=
TmpMClassInf=

LobbyTimeout=20
TimeBetweenWaves=60
MaxZombiesOnce=28

Upvote 0
MonsterLevelIncreaseCount=400

Monster count before they level up. So 400 monsters then they switch to a higher level.

[IDRPGMod.BleedingItem]
Damage=1
Interval=2
Count=15
BleedingHealthTreshold=25

Players bleed out after a certain amount of lost health, were teammates have to heal them so they wont die.

Upvote 0