• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TW Market this game

4 months seems grossly optimistic, yeah i know the placeholder date on the Steam page says q1 of next year, but i seriously doubt that'll happen.

Also, i would not considder Brink's marketing campaign one to emulate, because they have been teasing us with that game for far too long now, and the hype has long since died on them, i don't really see people hyped for that game anymore, it's gone from "wow lookit that! DO WANT!" to "yeah i'm keeping my eye on that one, looks like it might be good and stuff".

Well the Q1 date was given so we base everything on that until it changes...

And in regards to Brink what you basically just moaned about was that they have been giving you too much stuff to look at lol, I would rather alot of different stuff to a little of the exact same...

Upvote 0
don't remember the amount of free weekends and sales they had of ostfront do you :IS2:

Well, no, I must have missed that. To be fair, I rarely leave the "library" section of steam. From what I can see the last sale was a year ago, and another one six months before that.

Anyway, a nice sale(say 3 euros or something?) a couple of months before the release might boost the community a bit.

Upvote 0
4 months seems grossly optimistic, yeah i know the placeholder date on the Steam page says q1 of next year, but i seriously doubt that'll happen.
Agreed. The game may just be pushed back guys. Q1 just seems too soon. Idk.

A great way to advertise RO2 is to advertise RO2...
I like your style. Don't think, just do!

Upvote 0
Well the Q1 date was given so we base everything on that until it changes...

You are free to do so, but i won't, as i don't think it's gonna happen.

And in regards to Brink what you basically just moaned about was that they have been giving you too much stuff to look at lol, I would rather alot of different stuff to a little of the exact same...

You obviously don't get how this whole "Hype machine" thing is supposed to work then.. when the game hits the shops, you want people foaming at the mouth ready to buy it, because they are hyped.

Problem is though, people can only stay hyped for so long, eventually they will get bored and disillusioned with it, and they go from "must have it NAO!" to "yeah i'll probably get it, but maybe i'll wait till the reviews are in first, or try a pirate version first just to see what it's like, or i could wait for a GOTY release in case there's any DLC coming down the line, or atleast till it's cheaper.. yeah i can wait".

A good marketing campaign should build up a buzz, and then right as the that buzz is at it's highest, that's when you release!

They have lost that with Brink, the buzz is over the hill, and people will only get more mellow about it from this point, not more hyped, because they started too soon.

And no, the problem that "i am whining about" is not the info that's released, but when it's released, and that is a vital difference!

Of course they should release lots of info and promotional material, that goes without saying, but when they release it is vital, because it will build hype, but you don't want to waste that hype, you want people hyped when the game is released, not 6 months prior, and then it's all down hill from there because hype is a temporary state that will fade away with time..

I have every reason to belive that TWI understands thease mechanisms, because they have been doing for years now, just look how every major release for RO or KF have been handled, they have allways been very carefull not to release too much info too fast, but once the release draws near, that's when the floodgates open and they drop the bombs on us, and we get all excited just in time for the release.

I belive this will be no different, there will be a slow buildup, and then once the release draws near, we'll be bombarded with Ro2 stuffs, and people will get very excited about it, and moreso because it's not far off into the distant future, but will be just around the corner.

And TWI are the only people on this planet who truely have a good idea when this game will ship, so i'll trust them, not the Steam store page, to decide when the time is right for that.

Reactions: OneDuck
Upvote 0
I have every reason to belive that TWI understands thease mechanisms, because they have been doing for years now, just look how every major release for RO or KF have been handled, they have allways been very carefull not to release too much info too fast, but once the release draws near, that's when the floodgates open and they drop the bombs on us, and we get all excited just in time for the release.

I belive this will be no different, there will be a slow buildup, and then once the release draws near, we'll be bombarded with Ro2 stuffs, and people will get very excited about it, and moreso because it's not far off into the distant future, but will be just around the corner.

And TWI are the only people on this planet who truely have a good idea when this game will ship, so i'll trust them, not the Steam store page, to decide when the time is right for that.
I don't recall any major gaming newspage writing a news about KFs release and it wasn't much different with RO:O. Hopefully that's different now with TWI having a lobby @PC Gamer and them having partnered with GT.com(for the trailer at least).

I hope TWI realizes how much popularity potential HoS has. There are thousands of disappointed PC battlefield players that are looking for a new game, some already discovered HoS and even talk about it in the EA forums, but it's still only a few people. TWI needs to make sure those guys know about HoS and think of TWI to more or less take over and continue what was once PC battlefield.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't recall any major gaming newspage writing a news about KFs release and it wasn't much different with RO:O. Hopefully that's different now with TWI having a lobby @PC Gamer and them having partnered with GT.com(for the trailer at least)....
I'll have to agree with you on Ostfront. The only way I found out about RO was on the CoD forums. It was back when, once again, CoD players/modders/server operators got the shaft from the CoD series. (CoD2? or the next one 'cause I haven't played CoD since CoD2).

Regarding KF however, I don't think TW had any clue it would be so popular and successful for them. Even to this day I don't understand it. I think what keeps KF going is its mapping and modablitly. I'm glad that TW continues to support its player base in that fashion. And though it doesn't do much for me, I'll reluctantly have to concede that the ranking and progression scheme has a lot to do with keeping KF players coming back for more of the same old grind....;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You are free to do so, but i won't, as i don't think it's gonna happen.

You obviously don't get how this whole "Hype machine" thing is supposed to work then.. when the game hits the shops, you want people foaming at the mouth ready to buy it, because they are hyped.

Problem is though, people can only stay hyped for so long, eventually they will get bored and disillusioned with it, and they go from "must have it NAO!" to "yeah i'll probably get it, but maybe i'll wait till the reviews are in first, or try a pirate version first just to see what it's like, or i could wait for a GOTY release in case there's any DLC coming down the line, or atleast till it's cheaper.. yeah i can wait".

A good marketing campaign should build up a buzz, and then right as the that buzz is at it's highest, that's when you release!

They have lost that with Brink, the buzz is over the hill, and people will only get more mellow about it from this point, not more hyped, because they started too soon.

And no, the problem that "i am whining about" is not the info that's released, but when it's released, and that is a vital difference!

Of course they should release lots of info and promotional material, that goes without saying, but when they release it is vital, because it will build hype, but you don't want to waste that hype, you want people hyped when the game is released, not 6 months prior, and then it's all down hill from there because hype is a temporary state that will fade away with time..

I understand what you mean about building the hype and what your saying is correct you dont want to peak too soon, I do disagree about Brink but thats another story, I think what people are worrying about on the forums is that the only place they seem to hear about HoS is on HoS's website and ofcourse its going out to other places but I think people feel its not enough... but like you said TW are more than likely going to show the stuff when they feel its right so lets trust them.

Upvote 0
I don't recall any major gaming newspage writing a news about KFs release and it wasn't much different with RO:O. Hopefully that's different now with TWI having a lobby @PC Gamer and them having partnered with GT.com(for the trailer at least).

Neither Ro1 nor KF had any real marketing budget, so that's no suprice, i was referring to how TWI has handled releases (both game and updates) within this community, as it speaks to how they like to handle things PR-wise.

I hope TWI realizes how much popularity potential HoS has. There are thousands of disappointed PC battlefield players that are looking for a new game, some already discovered HoS and even talk about it in the EA forums, but it's still only a few people. TWI needs to make sure those guys know about HoS and think of TWI to more or less take over and continue what was once PC battlefield.

They do, and as has been statet several times before, Ro2 does have a real marketing budget, and it is the first of TWI's games to have that.

I understand what you mean about building the hype and what your saying is correct you dont want to peak too soon, I do disagree about Brink but thats another story, I think what people are worrying about on the forums is that the only place they seem to hear about HoS is on HoS's website and ofcourse its going out to other places but I think people feel its not enough... but like you said TW are more than likely going to show the stuff when they feel its right so lets trust them.

Well of course they feel it's not enough, TWI hasen't really started marketing it yet, so right now there's allmost nothing except word of mouth and convention vids.

That'll change once they launch their campaign, and as said, i expect they won't let off the big fireworks untill the game is clouse to release.

And there will be marketing, Ramm was very clear on that in the BashAndSlash podcast, it's comming, and it has a real budget behind it too.

Upvote 0