• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

6 vs 1+Zeds

Old Ranger

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 29, 2010
It
This is an idea taken from others and mixed some thoughs of my own. 98% change that this is suggested before. If there is thiskind MOD already, tell me that i go to play it. I have no skills to search this, so i send this to fire.

Game goes as it normally goes, there is 6 rangers in a game against Zeds.

Then, 7. player is in Zeds side. You, 7. player, spawn as random Zed. No one exept you, know who the Zed you are. You can ALSO change your "characterZed" anytime pressin for example TAB. You can be ANY Zed, its your choise. You have same skills, as Zed have. If you Die, you dont actually die, you simply move to next characterZed by pressin TAB.

If 6 rangers win Wave, you simply are there in game in next wave. You dont "die". You can only Lose, when you lose as a Patriarch. You win, if you beat the rangers in 11. wave as a Patty. You also win, if rangers are slaughtered in any Wave. You win then, they didnt survived.

You have Zed skills. If you are Husk, you can shoot. If you are Bloat, you can puke. If you are Stalker, you can hug. If you are Siren, you can sing, you can actually win. You can be FP. You can be Clot. Scrake. All.

Zeds act, if you are not controlling one of those, as they normally act. So for example if you go afk - Game is pretty much normal to other players. Last Zed they kill in that Wave is you, in some dark corner.

Edit: Fun side also. In game you dont hear Zed voices unless they are not made by PlayerZed. So when Stalker says near you "Give me a hug" - there is actually real player whispering that in you ear. In this Game Mode - Stalker would be 100% invisible when controlled by Player Seven. If you are Bloat, you can fart anytime you want. Or, imagine, FP. "Level of Agression - 11".

"Fear me!"

Might be good control, if ZedPlayer have option also to Free Camera. So then he can look free camera from distance, and by simple mouse click, pick Zed what he wanna be.

Thoughts?

(Ment Specimens, no Zeds) (What Zed means then? Iv seen many used that word to specimens)

Last edited:
Ok. I must play that someday. How do you like adding specimen voices in that. For example Human Team has those familiar, example Y = "Yes", L = "Look out" voice commands. Perhaps Specimens can use, similar things, but Specimen voices. Each specimen would have its own voices. So if you are FP, you say when Y is pressed -> "Fear me!" ect. Those are only examples. Human team would hear Specimen voice commands, but Specimens dont hear Human team voice commands. This is fun add, no effect to gameplay.
---------------------

Still i think this Original Post mode would be different. This is between pure Deathmatch and normal KF.

KF would be pretty normal when PlayerZed is in game. But this add something different excitement in game.

When player is in Human team, you will never know when PlayerZed is killed, you still try to kill every Zed. You only know that last Zed in Wave is PlayerZed for sure. You also may see things never seen before. PlayerZed can be funny guy, or very aggressive beast. And Human team will see it in KF. You may see FP running around in rage and killin zeds like insane for no reason. Or you may see FP ambushes in a critical point. You may see a lonely Clot grabbin air. Or you may find suddenly found Clot grabbing you when you least expect it. If Stalkers would be 100 % invisible, you would surely hear things in dark - scary.

Normal KF does not change much. But it still change a much. Zeds now have actually Master Mind. Brains for real. And also AI at same time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The only difference is between the two is that 6v1:

1. 7 players max (Versus is 12)
2. Specimen voices
3. 1 enemy that can switch specimen (Versus is 6 enemies that cannot switch)

While the lower max players is a good thing since non-official mods generally have fewer players, the fact that you have only one player playing specimen means you cannot really do anything other than try to use a well-placed clot or gorefast to mess with the players and hope the AI takes advantage of the situation. With 6 specimen players, you can be more strategic. 6v1 does not affect gameplay much, but would require a bit of work to make. Versus seems as good or better and is already mostly working.

Upvote 0

2. Specimen voices

While the lower max players is a good thing since non-official mods generally have fewer players, the fact that you have only one player playing specimen means you cannot really do anything other than try to use a well-placed clot or gorefast to mess with the players and hope the AI takes advantage of the situation. With 6 specimen players, you can be more strategic. 6v1 does not affect gameplay much

Yes.

This is between Deathmatch and normal KF.

When playing as PlayerSpecimen, you need to see how things are going in Specimenside of view. They are wandering to Human team. How i can be mostly effective, how can i ruin Human player game totally?

I have 10 cards to play with. (10 specimen types) What do i choose and what time i choose?

If i were a Specimen, how would i kill players?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marionette

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What you are saying makes no sense. It seems like you are disagreeing with me, though.

Most individual specimen have no effect on a game, and, by extension, a single player controlling that specimen would affect very little. Mobs comprised of certain groups, at certain times, can easily wipe the human players. As a singular enemy player it would be quite difficult to assemble these groups by controlling individuals. 6v1 is a redundant suggestion of a superior mod that already exists.

/thread

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by [UIT] Akame

2. Specimen voices

While the lower max players is a good thing since non-official mods generally have fewer players, the fact that you have only one player playing specimen means you cannot really do anything other than try to use a well-placed clot or gorefast to mess with the players and hope the AI takes advantage of the situation. With 6 specimen players, you can be more strategic. 6v1 does not affect gameplay much

I agree with this.

But i also see it makes a new game mode, in between Deathmatch and normal KF.

That is what im polishing, and thinking. I have found, for myself, a worth for thinking.

I like the idea of controlling Specimen army against Human Team.

What you are saying makes no sense. It seems like you are disagreeing with me, though.

Most individual specimen have no effect on a game, and, by extension, a single player controlling that specimen would affect very little. Mobs comprised of certain groups, at certain times, can easily wipe the human players. As a singular enemy player it would be quite difficult to assemble these groups by controlling individuals. 6v1 is a redundant suggestion of a superior mod that already exists.

/thread

Yes it affects a little when you are small, but every time you die, you swich yourself to other specimen. And it affects a much, when you choose to be as Husk, Siren, or even bigger.

You sabotage when you are a small one, and slay when you are biggie. You can choose to Hide when you are Scrake, and meanwhile an army walks to the Humans. You choose to rush then when time is right.

Perhaps, perhaps there could be somekind of speed boost for HumanSpecimen.
-----------------
Peoples are thinking most intelligent and feariest enemy. What could be more intelligent enemy than Human Controlled Specimen? You will never know where the hell is he/she, who is he/she. What is in his/her mind.

Just imagine normal KF playing. Then imagine that one of those bloody bastards is controlled by Human. And he/she could be anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
(KK.

Iv read http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=40206
So you actually can play 6 vs 6 + normal Specimens? Or im i wrong? I thougt it was only 6 vs 6.

But cool then.

Well hoping there are at least some thoughts in OP to grab. Perhaps that, that if Specimen dies, you can swap to another. Or those voice things.

And perhaps in some day, we see a game as in OP, it would be pretty strategigal game to play as Specimen army, and control it, while Human team play as Human team only and have only surprises to have.)

Upvote 0
6 v 6 sounds boring as hell. What they need to do is have 6 humans vs 30 or so humans as specimens. The servers can handle this because we already have 60 man games where 60 survivors play mountain pass and fight huge waves of zombies without any lag.

It would be cool if there were for example 6 Human players, and for example 30 Human controlled Specimens. If you are Clot, you will die fast (and if you dont die fast, its overpowered). If you cannot switch to other Zed, there is a lot time to wait next wave.

So perhaps Switch is good to be there. Then there must be AI Zeds also in game if not full team.

For example In normal KF there are about 200 Specimens in Wave. 30 first ones would be Human Controlled (if there are less human players, AI zeds are there), if you die, you respawn, there are 169 Specimens left to spawn. You are random Specimen when you spawn.

In OP i suggested that there would be only one controlling Specimen army. You can play a whole Wave, no need to wait if died. Im wondering if OP seems like that there would be only one Specimen in Specimens side - no i didnt ment that. There would be a whole normal KF game, you just switch anytime to any Specimen in Wave if you die, or want to switch. KF may not always have full 36 players in game. So if Original Post suggestion option is there, Game mode is very playable if there would be only 2 players. 1 Human player against Specimen army controlled by other Human player, game would be very similar to normal KF, exept it would be also different.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For example In normal KF there are about 200 Specimens in Wave. 30 first ones would be Human Controlled (if there are less human players, AI zeds are there), if you die, you respawn, there are 169 Specimens left to spawn. You are random Specimen when you spawn.

Yes that is what I meant, versus mode that played like a regular game with normal waves except the zeds could be human controlled. It would be awesome if they just had the regular game but if a server was full you could join as a zombie until one of the humans stepped out.

Upvote 0
Mixing of these:

What they need to do is have 6 humans vs 30 or so humans as specimens.

For example In normal KF there are about 200 Specimens in Wave. 30 first ones would be Human Controlled (if there are less human players, AI zeds are there), if you die, you respawn, there are 169 Specimens left to spawn. You are random Specimen when you respawn.

You can ALSO change your Specimen you play anytime pressin for example TAB if server is not full and there is AI Specimens. Ofc. you cant change to Specimen who is already controlled by other player.

Fun side also. In game you dont hear Zed voices unless they are not made by PlayerZed. So when Stalker says near you "Give me a hug" - there is actually real player whispering that in you ear. In this Game Mode - Stalker would be 100% invisible when not attacking, and when controlled by Player. If you are Bloat, you can fart anytime you want. Or, imagine, FP. "Level of Agression - 11".

"Fear me!"

"Hurr hurr hurr"

For example Human Team has those familiar, example Y = "Yes", L = "Look out" voice commands. Perhaps Specimens can use, similar things, but Specimen voices. Each specimen would have its own voices. So if you are FP, you say when Y is pressed -> "Fear me!" ect. Those are only examples. Human team would hear Specimen voice commands, but Specimens dont hear Human team voice commands. This is fun add, no effect to gameplay.

Also add some RO (Red Orchestra) reality, so you dont see thu walls even own team members.

...Would be very interesting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes that is what I meant, versus mode that played like a regular game with normal waves except the zeds could be human controlled. It would be awesome if they just had the regular game but if a server was full you could join as a zombie until one of the humans stepped out.

yeah, thats what the mod is: there is 6 humans vs 6 zed players + the normal wave zeds.

The mod is very fun, I suggest it; however, be warned, as most people play as survivors, making it no fun to play as a zed. The whole thing seems kind of unbalanced towards the humans until wave 11, where the human controlled patty then rocket spams the hell out of the team. Aside from that, the mod is a bundle of fun.

Upvote 0
yeah, thats what the mod is: there is 6 humans vs 6 zed players + the normal wave zeds.

The mod is very fun, I suggest it; however, be warned, as most people play as survivors, making it no fun to play as a zed. The whole thing seems kind of unbalanced towards the humans until wave 11, where the human controlled patty then rocket spams the hell out of the team. Aside from that, the mod is a bundle of fun.

I think this is best Mod made. Even i havent play it yet. (i dont play mods actually, i like KF as it is, but someday...)

I was not sure if there were other AI zeds also. But good to know.

I wonder if one reason for unpopular Zed playin is that, that if you die as Zed, you dont respawn until next wave?

If i read it right, you cant be Clot yet for example. Clots die fast, perhaps thats reason why you are not able to play as one(?).

But if there were a respawn for Zeds, i think it would be popular also play with Zeds. Then for example when you are Clot, you made a suicide run if you want, and just respawn. You can also try to ambush of course.

I have to try that Mod someday.

Upvote 0
I think this is best Mod made. Even i havent play it yet. (i dont play mods actually, i like KF as it is, but someday...)

I was not sure if there were other AI zeds also. But good to know.

I wonder if one reason for unpopular Zed playin is that, that if you die as Zed, you dont respawn until next wave?

If i read it right, you cant be Clot yet for example. Clots die fast, perhaps thats reason why you are not able to play as one(?).

But if there were a respawn for Zeds, i think it would be popular also play with Zeds. Then for example when you are Clot, you made a suicide run if you want, and just respawn. You can also try to ambush of course.

I have to try that Mod someday.

No, you respawn instantly as another zed. It's mostly unfair for the zed side because you generally get crossbowed right when you walk into the open. However, it can be really great fun if you can get enough people to play zeds (you can't insta-kill all of them, right?)

Upvote 0