• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Retail Buyers Get the Shaft

Gamestop ofcoarse, they have to replace all the RO disks with COD. Its store policy, if its better than COD burn it and replace it with COD.

On a serious note I think gamestop is just confused for its rare they encounter games like RO2.

LAUGH! I still don't have an ONLIVE code... "Our manager loves PC and wouldn't do that" - Game adviser.

Upvote 0
This is probably related to how TWI doesn't really have an exact release date. It is sometime today, but it could be 11:59 PM EST, thus if Gamestoppers got the game at noon today, they would be gaming far ahead of anyone else. Also RO was, to my knowledge at least, never a big CD game. If you compare something like Battlefield 3, it has to drop at midnight on their release day, since there are loads and loads of Xbox 360 CD's that have to be produced ahead of time, and so there is no option for last minute programming.

Upvote 0
This is probably related to how TWI doesn't really have an exact release date. It is sometime today, but it could be 11:59 PM EST, thus if Gamestoppers got the game at noon today, they would be gaming far ahead of anyone else. Also RO was, to my knowledge at least, never a big CD game. If you compare something like Battlefield 3, it has to drop at midnight on their release day, since there are loads and loads of Xbox 360 CD's that have to be produced ahead of time, and so there is no option for last minute programming.

As far as I know, brick and mortar stores don't deal in times, just dates. Once it's that date, it's that date. Sometime's they don't even care about that. The Best Buy near me releases games days before they're officially out.

Upvote 0
All I know is that twi said they'll be working on the game up until the last minute..does that mean they have until tonight before 12am? In any case a game release is obviously something fans look forward to, and now love to play at midnight, or even get at the store the day of! The release day is suppose to be a big deal I think for gamers, and twi kinda screwed it up.

Upvote 0
All I know is that twi said they'll be working on the game up until the last minute..does that mean they have until tonight before 12am? In any case a game release is obviously something fans look forward to, and now love to play at midnight, or even get at the store the day of! The release day is suppose to be a big deal I think for gamers, and twi kinda screwed it up.

Yosh posted that they will work on it until release and for TW its still plenty of hours to go since they are in the U.S.

Upvote 0