• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Particle effects / Volumetric gas

barakas

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
how much attention to detail is going to be paid to particle effects?

I'm talking about tanks kicking up dust, different particle effects for different calibre of bullets hitting different materials.

In RO1, pretty much everything you shot gave off the same grey dust cloud, exactly the same effect every time.

I'd like to see a noticeable difference between shooting into wood, concrete, metal, flesh, etc. From the screens I've seen of the game, it looks like the blood particle effects are good, so I hope the rest follows.

Granted, its not high on the list of important game features, but I think little attentions to detail like this are important.

Also, whats the word on decals?

I'm not expecting fully destructable environments, but it would be nice if the decals where more than just textures, maybe 3d type textures if nothing else. I think a grenade exploding against a wall should have a noticeable effect compared to a bullet.

I know the U3 engine supports parallax mapping so this would be a nice touch aswell.