• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I think we all could live with it, if serveradmins could simply turn off OR adjust the lockdown time and all will be fine.

personaly I'm confused that there is lockdown in the game, because it forces the players to a very offensive playstyle... ok in the first 3 minutes (mostly) you have some time to play with caution, BUT if there would not be that nasty artillery which can ruin your cautinous offensive, after 3-4 respawns you have 1-2 minutes lockdown left and have to rush into SMG/MG/Semiauto rifle/Artillery fire and mostly you get killed there too.

Upvote 0
I tried to be open-minded to Lockdown, but I hate it. I don't feel like I'm in a huge battle with many waves. Like some others have said, I feel like I do more playing around and watching the menu than I do playing the game. On top of that, Lockdown isn't RO. Lockdown is something that TWI invented because they think every gamer is a COD gamer.

Please give me back that awesome experience that RO delivered to us many moons ago.

Upvote 0
Gamekiller

Gamekiller

Lockdown kills the game! I have no doubt at all anymore. It is useless (very few exceptions) and annoying. Please TWI make it an option or abandon it completely.
In RO the attackers could take a bit time but eventually could win if the defenders run out of reinforcements. Reinforcements arer still there but they seem useless when used with lockdown.
Without lockdown there can be epic battles the full amount of time, with lockdown it feels more like a skirmish plus the given lockdown times and the mechanics of it are just ridiculous!

Upvote 0
I LOVE Lockdown and here is why.

The short version: It's like the Mercy Rule in baseball.

Live with it a bit and it grows on you. Think of it like a tactical retreat. In the real battle there were constant retreats by both sides.

The Attackers have the opportunity to finish the game before its 15 something minute timelimit.
So should the defenders. Being a defender and seeing that 15 minutes and 200 reenforcements is kinda blah.

To bring it back to the OP's TF2 reference: HAVE you played dustbowl round 3?? It's horrid! 15 minutes of the defenders owning the attackers with Solder/Demo spam.
You don't want an OVERPOWERED defending team owning the attackers for 15 minutes. Most of the time it entails the server clearing several times and refilling with new people who are then owned by Defense somemore.

Lockdown is a GREAT thing. I

Meh. If you're being rolled and can't get the first objective, you'll lose your reinforcements quick enough for that to be the mercy rule. There's no real sense in the lockdown mechanism. I know the military operates on timetables, but "get that building in 5 minutes or we are calling off the operation" isn't really a sensible demand.

Upvote 0
Lockdown is the most annoying feature in RO2. Your just getting immersed in the battle, learning new ways to take your objective finding weak spots in the enemies defences when BAM GAME OVER huh wtf just happned? Oh yea lockdown silly me, quess i better just run off like effin Jonny bloody Rambo and get my damn face blown off next round. :mad:

Upvote 0