• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Haven't you noticed the cheaters?

No, because evanbalance (punkbuster) is a terrible company that hasn't even updated its own website for years, looking at it is like time travelling back to 2001.
They put very little effort in, I'm surprised companies still work with them to be honest.

PB gets updated on a regular basis with new "detection rules". I don't think you understand it is a tool for hack detection, not prevention. It does not know someone is hacking unless that very same hack has been found by Evenbalance or submitted to Evenbalance and a new detection rule has been created for it.

Im not computer tech guy, however I have to assume that one could find on you tube or the internet , whatever "code" or instructions these hackers are using and update it to some other software program that detects the codes use instantly. I know that RO uses VAC and PB but i do remember that certain BFBC2 servers had some sort of script detection software ( separate from PB and VAC) that caught all these things and instantly booted whomever was using it. It would say something like " Player so and so was kicked for multi-hack 005865" or something like that.
These hackers are very "proud" individuals and tend to post " How To" videos and articles on the web. Couldnt somone tech savvy just Goggle search once a week to see any new advertized hacks, learn them, then update the script detection sofware and PERMA-Ban every IP that employs them??
I love to see somone develope a computer frying virus that instanly uploads to anyone attempting to use a hack.

Those numbers are cheat codes assigned by Evenbalance (Punkbuster) depending on the type of hack it was (aimbot, wallhack, etc.). Servers that stream to PBBans and similar places have the option of broadcasting whenever any server streaming catches a hacker. It is not a server script doing that, it is Punkbuster along with a PB streaming site.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure everyone in RO1 was a cheater, I mean I could barely even get out of the spawn without sudden holes appearing in my torso, so they must have been spawn killers too, oh and campers, nade spammers, wall hackers, noob tubers and generally too good to be true........ ;)

I know, right? No wonder I could never get into it. I couldn't get 2 feet out of spawn without getting picked off and called a newfag.

Upvote 0
there are full multi-hacks for this game, but you have to PAY for them or they are private at the moment, I've searched for them to give to Yoshiro or Ramm so they can study them and put in prevention. But yeah they can snap headshot you no matter where you are, it tells them if you are looking in their direction and what not and it just auto shoots, auto aims.. It's pathetic. But, RO1 had cheats as well but people usually only like to cheat in games they enjoy so after awhile when these cheaters get banned from every server they will just disappear and never come back.

You can almost bet on these guys moving to MW3 and BF3 to hack those games, the one hacking group already has a working BF3 hack from being in the bf3 alpha... But they had a working RO2 hack from being in the beta before the dde beta as well, so tripwire let one of these jerkoffs into a closed beta and they made that stupid multihack..

I hate cheaters so much, this generation of kids is sickening all they do is try to destroy anything and everything on the internet and they have the intelligence of a 5 year old, and the grammar of one as well.

Upvote 0
I've noticed only one person so far who has ability to know where everyone is desipite an entire buidling being in the way. It would be a shame for hacking to catch on in RO2, but it wont be the end of the world. That is why there is VAC and PB.
Yep I've experienced this too. I snuck into a building on Red October and hid in a closed off train car. I was absolutely positive no one spotted me going in, and yet this guy randomly comes in and kills me. I know he knew exactly where I was because he started firing before he even came into view ("pre-firing" is a CS:S style tactic when you KNOW someone is around a corner and you want to get the first shot so that you kill them before they kill you).

The guy also had a really disproportionate amount of kills, which isn't surprising if he knew everyone's locations.

Reactions: Keyser_Söze
Upvote 0
I was just in a match with a guy I swear had some sort of aimbot on. He had about 40 kills but was really sly with it, at least I think he was.

Some guy hnzz would run around with a PPSH and the moment he saw you he automatically trained on you, pulled up iron sights and shot you dead. The way he could instantly see you and pull up iron sights amazingly fast was so dodgy. No one can spot, aim and fire that quickly. Overall his entire style of play was extremely mechanical and efficient to the point that he had to have been cheating. I'm talking super fast reaction times even when he isn't facing the enemy.

It was like I was playing RO and he was playing counter strike. Pretty disheartening to see all the hackers. Who the **** hacks a beta? I think it speaks volumes about the type of crowd RO2 is going to bring in.

Reactions: hockeywarrior
Upvote 0
I think it is safe to assume that there are all kinds of hacks being used in the current beta. There is just no question about it.

One can only hope this changes with the full version with working anti cheat and proper admins. As of now it is a nightmare, every third server I join has one guy with impeccable and impossible aiming skills (as in pulls off three headshots in 0.5 seconds).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you think VAC and PB will stop cheaters than you either don't know much about cheating or you underestimate the cheaters. I'm telling you now it will be down to hard working admins on good servers that will stop the cheats.
Sure admins can catch the morons that flaunt their cheats or don't know how to fine tune them. Anyone can do that. If players grab their ID they can report them to the admins via email or their website. But for a real cheater an admin is the worst tool there is.

Hopefully PB can be tuned to run effectively and efficiently with no advers client side-effects. Servers running VAC plus PB and streaming to PBBans will be the ones to play.

Upvote 0
Also you have to remember that it is the unreal engine that is hacked, so any game using the unreal engine will have the same hack everytime no matter the game.

But with a vigilant community, fraps, pbstream, and most importantly good admins, I think we can keep this game relatively cheat free.

There will always odious cretins that cheat, lets just make sure they cannot do it for long.

(also vac and pb, but without admins they are nothing)

Upvote 0
According to the pigs' website regarding their RO2 hacks:

Anticheats:

- VAC3 Undetected
- Punkbuster Undetected
- PBSS Protection
- Secure Hack Streaming System

I just cant understand what people get out of it, truly pathetic.
I guess yeah, its up to us to provide proof of the hackers and get em banned!

Vigilance people, we will win this battle!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
notafinger by any chance? he is beastly at this game, and no he doesnt cheat
Nah haha, I have been playing with all of the beta testers for the last 5 weeks now and I am well aware of their beastly skills. None of them, no matter how skilled, possess the ability of x-ray vision, however. ;)

and ...
I was just in a match with a guy I swear had some sort of aimbot on. He had about 40 kills but was really sly with it, at least I think he was.

Some guy hnzz would run around with a PPSH and the moment he saw you he automatically trained on you, pulled up iron sights and shot you dead. The way he could instantly see you and pull up iron sights amazingly fast was so dodgy. No one can spot, aim and fire that quickly. Overall his entire style of play was extremely mechanical and efficient to the point that he had to have been cheating. I'm talking super fast reaction times even when he isn't facing the enemy.

It was like I was playing RO and he was playing counter strike. Pretty disheartening to see all the hackers. Who the **** hacks a beta? I think it speaks volumes about the type of crowd RO2 is going to bring in.
This.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leweegibo
Upvote 0
I'm the first person to say that cheating in a fps or any pvp is about the lowest a person can get.And usually they have very poor game skills and from what I have seen that its pretty obvious.Sometimes skill can be mistaking for hacking in RO1 this wasn't that big of a problem.The people who played knew what to expect out of known vets as well as the server admins.

What I don't like seeing is when skilled vet's get accused of hacking by people new to the game.What people must understand is RO is about position and unlike alot of games the more you play the more skilled you become.And a skilled shooter being in a "good spot" can really rack up the score.

In RO1 many of my comrades including myself have been accused of cheating by a less knowing RO player.We always came to each others defense even the server admins knew.In my opinion the gamers who played ro1 competitively are the best fps players around.

Aim bots and speed hacks and of course god mode cheats or w/e they may be using. Its fairly obvious if a guy hip shots you from 200m regularly odds are he is hacking.Don't judge people by a lucky kill if it truly is a hack it will show up as he plays and many people will spot/call it out.

AT the same time they will be players that stand out among others because they have spent alot of time in RO.While I will be more than willing to point out or report "known hacking".I just don't want to see a witch hunt for someone who can get 40 kills with a bolt action or w/e(its very possible).

Ask yourself are you alot better now than when you first started?. Just think what you could do playing the game for 5 years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm the first person to say that cheating in a fps or any pvp is about the lowest a person can get.And usually they have very poor game skills and from what I have seen that its pretty obvious.Sometimes skill can be mistaking for hacking in RO1 this wasn't that big of a problem.The people who played knew what to expect out of known vets as well as the server admins.

What I don't like seeing is when skilled vet's get accused of hacking by people new to the game.What people must understand is RO is about position and unlike alot of games the more you play the more skilled you become.And a skilled shooter being in a "good spot" can really rack up the score.

In RO1 many of my comrades including myself have been accused of cheating by a less knowing RO player.We always came to each others defense even the server admins knew.In my opinion the gamers who played ro1 competitively are the best fps players around.

Aim bots and speed hacks and of course god mode cheats or w/e they may be using. Its fairly obvious if a guy hip shots you from 200m regularly odds are he is hacking.Don't judge people by a lucky kill if it truly is a hack it will show up as he plays and many people will spot/call it out.

AT the same time they will be players that stand out among others because they have spent alot of time in RO.While I will be more than willing to point out or report "known hacking".I just don't want to see a witch hunt for someone who can get 40 kills with a bolt action or w/e(its very possible).

Ask yourself are you alot better now than when you first started?. Just think what you could do playing the game for 5 years.

Fair points, but like I said - 700+ hours of RO1.

Trust me, I know how to spot a cheater from someone that's just good.

Good is someone covering an area and shooting me at 250 meters with a bolt action twice or 3 times in a row.
Cheating is someone shooting me and 4 of my buddies through smoke, all in the head when he can't even see us...in about 6 seconds...with a bolt action.

Upvote 0