• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Graphics "unpolished"??

Lester Long

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 8, 2011
Maybe it's me and I've got some settings wrong, but I'm a little disappointed in the visuals. I've played most every military FPS lately, but to me, the graphics look rough and unpolished. I'm playing on High/Ultra high with an OK frame rate but it just looks blurry in places, not in others. Some textures are sharp, others are not. Also, the maps just disappear at the edges and don't look very convincing.

I'm happy to try different settings (suggestions on what looks best?) Also, can anyone describe what "war movie" post process effects are?

Thanks!

Maybe it's me and I've got some settings wrong, but I'm a little disappointed in the visuals. I've played most every military FPS lately, but to me, the graphics look rough and unpolished. I'm playing on High/Ultra high with an OK frame rate but it just looks blurry in places, not in others. Some textures are sharp, others are not. Also, the maps just disappear at the edges and don't look very convincing.

I'm happy to try different settings (suggestions on what looks best?) Also, can anyone describe what "war movie" post process effects are?

Thanks!

Just disable blurs and depth of field and games looks awesome, also there are some bugs with textures (rarely) but yea its beta.

Upvote 0
I think the games looks great! its the game play that makes a good game and the graphics just gives immersion and TWI has done a fine job with that.Too many games focus on graphics and game play takes a backseat.I love watching TWI interviews they hardly talk about graphics and more about game play.

I played RO1 for years and as time went on its graphics was dated but,I always came back to it for the realism and game play.Even tho other games looked better none could come close to core game play and the realism it offered.

So many gamers expect all fps's to be almost exactly alike "put in care packages or medics or its no fun" blah blah.I think we should embrace the fact that TWI is brave enough to take the road less traveled and offer something truly unique.

Reactions: dazman76
Upvote 0
What I like about R02 graphics is the natural and realistic look.
Alot of games have those screaming graphics these days. Super high contrast,saturation, sharpening and overly dramatic lighting. Like Crysis or Witcher 2 for example.

It might fool an untrained eye to think its high quality, but IMO it's just too much and gives me a headache.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have to say that graphics look weird even on ultra settings, expecially in the distance it seems AA doesn't apply, some textures and models rescale very badly in my opinion.
I am kinda disappointed as how even an i5, 6950, 8gb ram (mid high pc) can't get steady 60+ fps on high... I do even drop to 30 sometimes.
They trickied everyone with the requirements i think.

Upvote 0
I wasn't actually sure the screenshots were meant to show the graphics were good or bad at first, because they imho show both what is good and what is bad about the graphics.
The ground too oftenly is an indeterminate blur, with white blur assigned to snow and brown blur assigned to sand (visible in the pictures). Also in many places walls are just straight geometry, everything having 90 degree angles (for example the trenches must have been made by a modern day Pythagoras). Structures would look more natural if they weren't so perfectly straight.
The strange thing is, the tank models are absolutely fabulous, and in other places a lot of polygons are used to show crumbled walls for example. So detail level is not consistent throughout.

Upvote 0