• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Poll: Bandaging time length

Poll: Bandaging time length

• bandaging should be removed entirely or happen automatically

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • Bandaging should be faster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's ideal the way it is

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Bandaging should take longer

Votes: 152 56.3%
  • Bandaging should take *much* longer

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

DanMaksim

Jul 13, 2011
Personally I think bandaging needs to take a lot longer. Right now it seems inconsequential to bandage. Aside from the current time-to-bandage being unrealistically short, it has little gameplay impact. You can nail an enemy with a non-critical gunshot wound, and they can be bandaged and shooting back at you in a couple of seconds flat.

Seems like it'd be a lot better if bandaging took longer, at least 5 seconds or so. It'd give you time to rush in and capitalize on a bandaging enemy. It'd also make you think twice about bandaging if you're close enough to an enemy that they might rush you.

The charm of Red Orchestra is that it is a game where getting shot matters. Getting shot in a vital area should kill you. It's pretty damn stupid to have the bandage effect take 10 seconds and to bleed out and die if you don't bandage in 30 seconds.

Either keep the bandage effect as it is, or make it 2-5 seconds long. That's all that is needed. If you don't bandage, you die. If you get shot in a vital spot, you die. I don't care about having the game represent real life bandaging because that's not fun and takes too much bloody time and would make bandaging pointless. Just let me get shot and die. I don't want to waste 20-30 seconds of my game bandaging whenever a bullet hits my foot or whatever.

Upvote 0
Bandages are as ridiculous as Medics reviving people. IMO, either have both, or none.

Fact: if you have a wound that's threatening to kill you (by bleed out) in less than 5 seconds, CHANCES ARE bandaging that wound probably isn't going to save you life. The more you know.

A medic class would be pretty sick though.

Upvote 0
bandages should be removed imho.

I see no reason for them being in the game. They dont really add anything and are just head scratchingly unrealistic.

If they stay in the game I would suggest making the bandage time longer so that they actually have an impact on the gameplay. Because in the current state they are irritating and have almost no impact besides making you push an adittional button after getting a glancing hit.

Upvote 0
imho the bleedout is very very quick, this is compounded by the fact that holding ctrl often just makes you hug a wall.. chair.. bed... table... a tragic end 9 times out of 10.

I dnt mind the bandage time personally but the bleedout is very very quick, may as well not be a bleedout.

Upvote 0