• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stealing hats

You all know the famous RTS game men of war? Well in that game it was very complex with inventory and items and all. You can even steal a soldiers hat, helmet, and cap.

I think this should be included into RO2, stealing hats. It'd be pretty funny.

Don't you already lose your helmet sometimes in RO1? Well why can't you pick it back up? Or even an enemies helmet! For extra protection and awesomeness.

It doesn't sound that hard to implement, especially if you can already lose your helmet in RO2.

MAYBE EVEN WEAR TWO HATS?

Last edited:
awesome13.jpg

Upvote 0
Ok, ability to steal hats. Right after crafting and loot drop system!

Seriously: TWI mentioned something about differences in clothing/image between newbie and veteran soldier. Can't recall in which interview it was (85% from Igromir/red.orchestra.ru) they said that much will depends of what player have done so far. I don't think so picking up cloths from the ground will be in HoS, but uniform variations - yes, for sure.

Upvote 0
Ok, ability to steal hats. Right after crafting and loot drop system!

Seriously: TWI mentioned something about differences in clothing/image between newbie and veteran soldier. Can't recall in which interview it was (85% from Igromir/red.orchestra.ru) they said that much will depends of what player have done so far. I don't think so picking up cloths from the ground will be in HoS, but uniform variations - yes, for sure.

I'm just talking about hats. You can loose your hats in RO1, so can we pick them up in RO2? Even enemy hats from corpses?

Upvote 0
Wearing an enemy helmet doesn't sound like a good idea most of the time since you'd get shot in the face.

It would be useful if you were trying to trick enemy snipers though.

I would want to wear a helmet most of the time, a cover or nothing at all as a squad leader of officer, and an enemy helmet or cover as a sniper.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
pointless, I would rather TWI spent time enjoying a beer then implementing this. RO is not a game where you have time to **** around with hats, its kill or be killed. find me one soldier dumb enough to start exchanging hats with a dead man in the middle of a gunfight and I present back to you a darwin award winner...

As others have stated there are other games (battlefield heroes, TF2) where gear like that matters in that way, if ROHOS were to become one of those games, I wouldent buy it or play it.

Upvote 0
pointless, I would rather TWI spent time enjoying a beer then implementing this. RO is not a game where you have time to **** around with hats, its kill or be killed. find me one soldier dumb enough to start exchanging hats with a dead man in the middle of a gunfight and I present back to you a darwin award winner...

As others have stated there are other games (battlefield heroes, TF2) where gear like that matters in that way, if ROHOS were to become one of those games, I wouldent buy it or play it.

It wouldn't be hard to implement, they protect you from certain things, and I'm not suggesting a freeaking fashion helmet, just to pick up one you dropped or grab one off an enemy to pick up the one you lost. And helmets did matter?

Wat, I mean... seriously?!?

You guys are taking this the wrong way. It's not for little fashion, it's for protection from shrapnel and pistol bullets and whatever else those helmets protect from.

Reactions: CopperHead
Upvote 0
It wouldn't be hard to implement, they protect you from certain things, and I'm not suggesting a freeaking fashion helmet, just to pick up one you dropped or grab one off an enemy to pick up the one you lost. And helmets did matter?

You guys are taking this the wrong way. It's not for little fashion, it's for protection from shrapnel and pistol bullets and whatever else those helmets protect from.

Still, NO.

If your helmet would get hit with enough force to throw it off your head you are most likely dead. That's with the chin strap on of course.

Upvote 0
Didn't helmets fly off in DH?

I think that was just for the lulz.

A rifle bullet (and smg bullets at closer ranges) would usually pass right through your helmet without taking it off your head.

So the occasions where your helmet would possibly be thrown off your head would not be numerous enough to actually warrant something like picking up helmets.

Upvote 0
I think that was just for the lulz.

A rifle bullet (and smg bullets at closer ranges) would usually pass right through your helmet without taking it off your head.

So the occasions where your helmet would possibly be thrown off your head would not be numerous enough to actually warrant something like picking up helmets.

Thanks for the info.

Guess I'll just stick to picking up officer caps in MoW ;)

Upvote 0