• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 peak at 9300 players

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

More or less than you expected? Could it go up or is it downhill from here?

(The beta staretd out at 4000 peak early and was at around 2000 before release.)

Probably less than expected. I think it was Ramm Jaeiger (spelling?) that wrote in the server mailing list that they expected a peak of 10000-20000 players when the opened beta started.

If that was the case I'd say these are pretty bad numbers.

Upvote 0
I think that playerbase could only go up from here...
Because , if you compare to Bops , as you do , ROHOS , had only ROOST as predecessor , while Bops was the 7th Instalement of the franchise.

In my clan , there was 3 of us who pre-ordered , and after that , 7 more got the game , and I`m expecting for at least 10 more to do the same...
HoS is an amazing game , and soon enough , people will hear about it from us , fellow gamerz allready playing.

Reactions: Sensemann
Upvote 0
Probably less than expected. I think it was Ramm Jaeiger (spelling?) that wrote in the server mailing list that they expected a peak of 10000-20000 players when the opened beta started.

If that was the case I'd say these are pretty bad numbers.

He didn't say peak, he said they expected that amount of players, and they do have that amount of players. As I said, at any given time there are hundreds of players disconnecting and new ones connecting.

Upvote 0
Thing is, that RO2 hasn't been released everywhere.

It was released on Steam, I think on the 13th. But in UK (amazon.co.uk) it'll be released tomorrow on the 16th and in Germany (amazon.de) on the 6th october.

So there are a lot more coming, that are still waiting for the boxed game release, like me
:)

EDIT. Sorry had been already mentioned, overlooked that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i wonder how long this game will stay alive .. arma 2/arrowhead multiplayer is officially dead.. i checked their server browsers the other day, maybe 50 ppl online in total.
This game will probably have european servers for another two years .. then there will only be american and australian 2500 ping servers for another year

Upvote 0
But in UK (amazon.co.uk) it'll be released tomorrow on the 16th and in Germany (amazon.de) on the 6th october.

Ah, I hadn't realised this - I just checked play.com too, and they also state 16th for the boxed version.

So yes, in that case - many more incoming, and since it's a Steam game, we'll see meaningful stats on there.

I think (assume!) that most sales would happen digitally, so maybe we'll see 15K or so once the boxed copies are in the wild? It'd be nice if goes to 20K though :)

Upvote 0
i wonder how long this game will stay alive .. arma 2/arrowhead multiplayer is officially dead.. i checked their server browsers the other day, maybe 50 ppl online in total.
This game will probably have european servers for another two years .. then there will only be american and australian 2500 ping servers for another year

Last edited:
Upvote 0