• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Question] Session banned. Why?

Robrand

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 19, 2011
I was just playing on the official TWI UK server #5, on TE-Fallen Angels with some friends of mine.
While playing, apparently I lost connection, so I reconnected and it said that I was banned for the session, and I would like to know why, if only to avoid this happening again.
The lack of any information provided as to why I was banned led me to ask here on the official forums.

Edit:
played the next round, Commissar House, and near the end I was session banned again.

Last edited:
I was just playing on the official TWI UK server #5, on TE-Fallen Angels with some friends of mine.
While playing, apparently I lost connection, so I reconnected and it said that I was banned for the session, and I would like to know why, if only to avoid this happening again.
The lack of any information provided as to why I was banned led me to ask here on the official forums.
You were probably banned because the game detected that you were speed hacking. This happens to a lot of people. It seems mostly to occur to people who is on a wireless connection. Hopefully it will be addressed in a patch really soon. As far as I know there is nothing you can do to avoid it right now other than try a wired connection.

Upvote 0
You were probably banned because the game detected that you were speed hacking. This happens to a lot of people. It seems mostly to occur to people who is on a wireless connection. Hopefully it will be addressed in a patch really soon. As far as I know there is nothing you can do to avoid it right now other than try a wired connection.

Thanks for letting me known it's an already known bug. I posted this because I played the game already, but this was the first time it happened to me, and I didn't know why.
I'll wait for this to be patched, hopefully soon.

Upvote 0

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll have to wait for the patch, then.
This is the first time it happened to me, and I've been playing since the 1-week beta, so I was surprised it happened.
Once I was in a tank, trying desperately to kill an enemy T-34, trying to fire before the loader finished loading.
The second time I was at a fixed MG, and was reloading it when an animation glitch happened (no reloading animation).
Hopefully the cause will be found quickly.

Upvote 0