• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Attack, and aim at the enemy for IS2's sake!

Scarf Ace

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 16, 2011
There's been a wave of incompetent players since the full release. There are too many people who simply don't attack cap points. Instead, they hang back doing bugger knows what. The few people who do attack keep getting shot in the back by their own team mates, who seem to think that anything in the direction of the enemy cap is hostile. It's gotten so bad that I played 2 rounds in which I died more to friendly fire than hostile.
Honestly, the guns aren't much of a problem right now because many players are so incompetent that it wouldn't matter if I was carrying an MkB or a bloody arquebus.

The attacking (or simply allied) side loses not because of balance, but simply because of stupidity. Let's hope that upcoming releases will filter out the morons.

Last edited:
Haha, I was playing soviet on Danzig yesterday and someone had taken Squad Leader, and was still on the friendly side of the river when we capped the Prop House. I saw he had a good dozen or so kills, and maybe 30 team points. I pointed this out, and he said "yea but look @ my killz. U guyz attak, I'll cover u".

You should be able to frag bad leaders. :mad:

Reactions: DoktorFrost
Upvote 0
Yes, teamkills, useless squadleaders who couldn't use smoke if their life depended on it (Which it, ironically, does), spawncamping snipers and riflemen is at an all time high atm. It'll get better though.

I just wish these new players would stick to the relaxed realism servers when they are learning the game or something. There's a bunch of people joining every few hours who can't even tell uniforms apart let alone capture a cap zone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
everyone starts as a noob. Its up to the vets to lead them, and show them how to play.

The vets should be the guys taking the Squad leader roles, and showing the noobs how to play.

Also putting it in chat and voice.

It works. I forget the map, i think its commisars, but the first house you have to take. Our team was getting rocked as we tried to take it. All it took for me to do was tell them they dont have to enter the house, just get up against the wall, so instead of guys pooring inside and getting murdered. Everyone huddled against the walls and capped it. then we stormed the house.

You can only blame a noob for so much, then you need to see if you are taking responsibility for making them more. If you arent, then you are part of the problem.

Upvote 0
Its very frustrating watching teams loose because they ignore the caps I mean it isn't rocket science.When teams play the way the game/maps are designed its really alot funner. Funny thing is most then complain about loosing or map inbalances.

ww207.jpg

ww207.jpg

Reactions: koondrad
Upvote 0
everyone starts as a noob. Its up to the vets to lead them, and show them how to play.

The vets should be the guys taking the Squad leader roles, and showing the noobs how to play.

Also putting it in chat and voice.

It works. I forget the map, i think its commisars, but the first house you have to take. Our team was getting rocked as we tried to take it. All it took for me to do was tell them they dont have to enter the house, just get up against the wall, so instead of guys pooring inside and getting murdered. Everyone huddled against the walls and capped it. then we stormed the house.

You can only blame a noob for so much, then you need to see if you are taking responsibility for making them more. If you arent, then you are part of the problem.

How is failing to cap an objective a "noob" mistake? Do many FPS games not have objectives, that I've somehow managed to avoid playing? I cannot count the number of times I've been relieved to see a handful of guys run into the obj only to noooooooooo.mp3 as they run THROUGH it, or hang their d!cks out the window and get shot.

Upvote 0
Typically when I am in a game on any map other than Apartments, I am either a Tank Commander sitting alone on our next objective hosing down defenders, or I am a Squad leader sitting alone on our next objective fighting for my life as defenders stumble upon me. Whatever the case, I'm constantly encouraging my team to leave the spawn area and quit taking 100m+ potshots at the enemy, and often I am giving directions for the safest routes.

Oh the joy in my eyes as I hold my ground for what feels like an eternity before a couple of team mates comes rushing in to help me cap. I wish my whole team was pushing all the time instead of trying to rack up kills.

Whenever I am a tanker or a squad leader I make top 5 overall, not because I am doing a lot of killing but because I am always first on to the next objective. I only kill what I need to kill, I ignore everything outside a 50m radius unless it is a threat to or advance.

I wish I wasn't alone 9 out of 10 games pushing as hard as I can. I'm starting to think Soviets aren't at a disadvantage by design but rather that most players are terrible. Not a single objective is hard to get to with the use of communication trenches and smoke, and with a competent tanker covering the advance all you need to do is push into the cap zone and fight from there. Winning games is easy if you actually try it.

Upvote 0
yes they are morons now but those who stick around will turn into competent players its just part of the learning process. is it a problem no, its a result of lots of new players coming form non realism genres. when i first started playing ro1, coming from arcade shooters you would not believe the amount of tks i had. it took time and i eventually got it because im a determined little bastard. :cool:

Upvote 0
Agree with everything in the thread that I read, which was about half the stuff...

In the past two days, I have gotten frustrated enough to not want to play for a bit.

My teams suck at RO2, but would excel at any number or run and gun games. I may just sit out a few days and hope that some sort of teamwork emerges from this mess.

Upvote 0
yes they are morons now but those who stick around will turn into competent players its just part of the learning process. is it a problem no, its a result of lots of new players coming form non realism genres. when i first started playing ro1, coming from arcade shooters you would not believe the amount of tks i had. it took time and i eventually got it because im a determined little bastard. :cool:

I agree with this that's why I try to show patients playing with the new guys.When I first played ro1 I had my spots I either defended or tried to attack.After years of play I looked back on them spots and said wow I was such a noob for being there it wasn't even near the capzone lol

Upvote 0
I can definately identify with this..i quite often play commander and although perhaps not the best i understand its a team game and everyone has a role and i try to support that with recon info and well placed smoke and artillery.

I find it very draining to constantly be attacking and capping points and being unable to hold them cause the small few that are playing as a team and advancing up are killed.

Im all for new players, but some have to understand, that i get my fun from working as a team and out manuveuring the enemy, and i dont find an uphill battle against your own motionless team fun

And i surely cant be in the minority that gets a rush when an aggressive squad level assault, well smoked, supported by arty and tanks ,works and you cap a hard fought point.

/rant off:D

Upvote 0
I find it very draining to constantly be attacking and capping points and being unable to hold them cause the small few that are playing as a team and advancing up are killed.

/rant off:D

More often than not, I'm actually killed by friendlies at this distance because the gits back at the spawn can't tell the difference because they are camping so far back.

Herp derp here's someone moving outside our spawning area! he must be an enemy!

The rounds where I'm forced to charge the front as a MG'r makes me really depressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarf Ace
Upvote 0