• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "Last Stand" thing when you die

Blunthex

Jan 9, 2011
This happens way too often imo. it just happened to me and all that happened was 1 melee attack on me, and im standing there blacking out and dieing and spraying my weapon lol. this last stand thing happens like every death for me

really should just reduce how often this happens, and it shouldnt happen when you only get pistol whipped 1 time lol.....

This happens way too often imo. it just happened to me and all that happened was 1 melee attack on me, and im standing there blacking out and dieing and spraying my weapon lol. this last stand thing happens like every death for me

really should just reduce how often this happens, and it shouldnt happen when you only get pistol whipped 1 time lol.....

Really? You must sprint and get shot in the non vitals quite a bit, I'm always being shot in the head, I've had more headshot deaths than normal ones, I swear because I'm always peaking through windows and get it in the face.

If you get pistol whipped hard enough in the head im sure youll end up blacking out, and then gettin raped by russians

Suddenly very bad image, "URAHHHHH"

Upvote 0
It's not a last stand. It's your character slowly bleeding out from a deadly wound.
It's more of a "Last Stand" than Call of Duty since you're actually standing, and it feels more dramatic.

On the topic of this, I think you should be more restricted. No aiming down the sites or reloading, just hip-fire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shakermaker
Upvote 0
I agree this slow death thingy is damn stupid, you hit with your kar98k the chest of an enemy, and while rebolting he unloads his mp40 on you like nothign happened, pretty annoying and unrealistic.
Also I have had been able to shoot enemies up to 60-80 meters away while slowly dying with a bolt action rifle because of the no penalty when hit. Ridiculous.

Upvote 0
My main complaint about the blacking out is when the message comes up about using a bandage to fix yourself up. So you find cover, furiously hit Ctrl, then your guy blacks out.

Why can't this message be disabled because the game's obviously made the choice you're going to die, so why prompt a useless bit of info that prevents you from possibly taking everyone with you?

Upvote 0
>implying

Damn it, you try shooting a guy in the head when you only see him for a grand total of three seconds. :p

I've actually gotten 2 kills with 1 bullet on 2 sprinting Germans with a sniper rifle, so it doesn't seem too hard after a while.

Turns out it was the father and brother of cute girl I wanted to ask out.

No number for Jakucha.

Upvote 0