• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Auto aim for gamepad users?

Status
Not open for further replies.
KB and mouse destroys the controller in terms of accuracy and speed, but gamepad wins in comfort, so is pretty understandable that a lot of people prefer playing games with a gamepad.

Most games add a slight auto aim to it to make up for the lack of speed and accuracy (and its still not enough to make up for it).

There is no need to flame the OP, because he probably haven't played the first RO and he does not know how the game really works, is applying rules acceptable for other FPS and doesn't how important accuracy is in RO, controller is not viable for this game.

RO2 will not even support controllers at all (according to the Steam page), but It would be interesting to have controller support for tanking, I could see that working.

Upvote 0
Not that this is ever going to happen but, what would slight auto aim even entail?
Unless it was "full" you would never hit some one at range anyway, thereby still getting smashed.
The way cod does it that when the actual point of aim comes across a player it slightly sticks too them. Basically the aiming movement sensitivity comes right down while your on target making it alot easier to hit people

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is no need to flame the OP, because he probably haven't played the first RO and he does not know how the game really works, is applying rules acceptable for other FPS and doesn't how important accuracy is in RO, controller is not viable for this game.

No, he's not "applying rules acceptable for other FPS". I'm not flaming here, I was just surprised that someone would admit the better controller for FPS is kbd+mouse, but would then suggest essentially a cheat for people who don't want to use them.

It's like saying "I only have an old CRT, please give me a cheat to overcome the limitations of my hardware". It's just a surprising attitude for anyone to have, IMHO.

Upvote 0
No, he's not "applying rules acceptable for other FPS". I'm not flaming here, I was just surprised that someone would admit the better controller for FPS is kbd+mouse, but would then suggest essentially a cheat for people who don't want to use them.

It's like saying "I only have an old CRT, please give me a cheat to overcome the limitations of my hardware". It's just a surprising attitude for anyone to have, IMHO.

Welcome to console gaming.

Reactions: Demonic Spoon
Upvote 0
...but It would be interesting to have controller support for tanking, I could see that working.

Good point. When it comes to driving a vehicle, I definitely feel M&K is inferior. I can't play a game of Arma 2, for example, without my joystick. No one would give me flak for it either.

But asking for auto-aim, really? :D

Upvote 0
Not that this is ever going to happen but, what would slight auto aim even entail?
Unless it was "full" you would never hit some one at range anyway, thereby still getting smashed.

Since at great distance just adjusting your aim by one pixel is very hard, the controller would actually be more accurate when sniping at great distances.

Mouse people will miss with a few inches and has to adjust, while the controller person gets that last inch for free...

Auto-aim, just no.
Reminds me of the "Some people have 3 monitors in eyefinity, thats cheating!!' argument:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Since at great distance just adjusting your aim by one pixel is very hard, the controller would actually be more accurate when sniping at great distances.

Mouse people will miss with a few inches and has to adjust, while the controller person gets that last inch for free...

Auto-aim, just no.
Reminds me of the "Some people have 3 monitors in eyefinity, thats cheating!!' argument:rolleyes:

Negative. Controllers have a significant dead zone, and it makes it very difficult to adjust for weapon sway as well as adjusting for tiny mistakes when aiming at range.

It is still significantly easier than close quarters combat on a gamepad, though.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.