• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Steam Killing Floor Forums Need Our Help!

I don't, I judge the L4D2 subforum by the average poster there. :)

The average poster?

are there? I posted a thread asking that a while ago, but no clear response.

When a person buy a games off of steam and they feel like going to a forum, they would usually to the related steam forum instead of a more dedicated one such as this one (in other words, I talked out of my *** and assumed that most players would be lazy and go straight to the steam forums in stead of a place like here). I would go to the Steam forum to confirm my assertion, but it won't let me check access the forum. It seems to be down.

Upvote 0
When a person buy a games off of steam and they feel like going to a forum, they would usually to the related steam forum instead of a more dedicated one such as this one (in other words, I talked out of my *** and assumed that most players would be lazy and go straight to the steam forums in stead of a place like here). I would go to the Steam forum to confirm my assertion, but it won't let me check access the forum. It seems to be down.

When you use a search engine, and type in Killing Floor forums or Killing Floor, it will connect you to here, or to the main site, which displays random topics off here. So it depends if they go straight to the steam site, or if they go any other way, which leads here.

And yes, steam forums are still offline.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's only because there are less people here.

Thats silly. Less posters means less trolls? Thats all well and good, but the frequency would still remain the same.

1000 Posters, 100 trolls. Divide that by 10. 100 posters, 10 trolls. The frequency stays the same. One troll for every ten regular posters.

Can you smell what I'm steppin in?

Upvote 0
The steam forums are a sewer because 10 trolls in 100 posts is still too much.
And theyre more like 10 trolls in every 50 post in the TF2 forums,despite the fact that TF2 players that go to that forums ARE trolls.

I like the L4D/L4D2 forums more,eventhough i stopped playing that "if-we-die-its-always-an-orgy" kind of game.

inb4gaben

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And theyre more like 10 trolls in every 50 post in the TF2 forums,despite the fact that TF2 players that go to that forums ARE trolls.

I like the L4D/L4D2 forums more,eventhough i stopped playing that "if-we-die-its-always-an-orgy" kind of game.

inb4gaben
I disagree. I found out per 10 threads here there are at least 3 trolls. Depends on thread.

Upvote 0
I disagree. I found out per 10 threads here there are at least 3 trolls. Depends on thread.

All threads are stupid and filled with trolls.Its the Steam forum after all.

L4D:

When will L4D3 be released?

We want a Midnight Riders DLC.

Is Virgil a talking boat?

Versus suks giv me new gamemodeh.

Stupid Mutations,no one likes them.

TF2:

Trading CRATES.

Trading CRATES.

Trading CRATES.

Trading CRATES.

OMG this is not the trade forum! Anyways trading CRATES.
:troll:

Upvote 0

The sad part is that Valve listens to the trolls more than they should. Thus TF2 has some serious issues right now...if you can even find a place to discuss them with all the trading BS cluttering every forum.

Trading, Community Items, and Buyable Items have all but killed TF2 for me.

Left 4 Dead isn't too bad if you STAY THE **** AWAY FROM VERSUS. Most of the Versus players seem to have serious problems. It gets into Poe's Law territory where you can't tell if that crazy person on the forum is joking or if he's serious. It makes me very, VERY glad that KF is only Coop. Otherwise you'd have topics filled with "X Perk is overpowered!", "Y specimen is overpowered", or "Specimens never win on Z map because it's rigged!"

Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2 = Okay games. Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2 Versus = GARBAGE, largely due to the community.

Aaanyways, I have zero interest in trying to help the Steam forums for KF because, to be honest, they don't care to be helped. Legit advice or criticisms about the game are often replied to with "Cool story, bro" or "L2P".

Upvote 0
The only reason I would ever really want to play L4D is for versus, but having never experienced it, I can only guess as to whether or not it's fun, let alone filled with "pro" gamers or 10 year olds as friends have said.

It's filled with:

-Tons of WANNABE pro gamers that aren't great themselves, but will proceed to moan and complain at you into the mic if you miss a near impossible shot that they "Totally could've made in my sleep!"

-"Stoners" who are barely aware of what's going on and constantly babble things like "Did you see that ****ing shotgun hit on that zombie! Straight up ballin', son! Get you some!" in between mentions of how high they are.

-"I'm a girl, so pay attention to me!" gamers. 'Nuff said.

-10 year olds that somehow got this game and feel compelled to talk CONSTANTLY into the voicechat.

It makes it nigh-unplayable for me and most of my friends. I hear it's more fun on X-Box, actually, because the PC community for it is just terrible to the point that they ruin an otherwise ordinary game mode. And the forums for it are a nightmare of elitist whining.

Upvote 0
Left 4 Dead isn't too bad if you STAY THE **** AWAY FROM VERSUS. Most of the Versus players seem to have serious problems. It gets into Poe's Law territory where you can't tell if that crazy person on the forum is joking or if he's serious. It makes me very, VERY glad that KF is only Coop. Otherwise you'd have topics filled with "X Perk is overpowered!", "Y specimen is overpowered", or "Specimens never win on Z map because it's rigged!"

Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2 = Okay games. Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2 Versus = GARBAGE, largely due to the community.

I've had hundreds of hours of fun in versus, it just depends who you play with. Playing with friends is always a good idea. :)

Of course I'd like it better if it wasn't balanced based on their crappy playtesters who thought versus would be too hard if they included dynamic pathing.

Upvote 0