• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heroes / Veterans

Ive played several games with heros in them already, different uniforms I think it depends somewhat on what class they are and I think one of the german models was even taller than the normal soldiers or at least it seemed that way.

Also had a big iron cross medal around his neck. i played one with a soviet hero too but never actually saw them in game so idk what their skin looked like.

i think different uniforms depend on the kind of map too... for example, in spartanovka you' ll see mostly rolled up sleeves, in snowy maps you will see winter unifomr... also, snipers will have their loadout too, like the hood saw in the splashscreen

Also had a big iron cross medal around his neck. i played one with a soviet hero too but never actually saw them in game so idk what their skin looked like.

i saw a hero rifleman but he didnt had the iron cross, just opened up jacket and dogtags

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm hoping that it's just something you become eligible for, like a commendation, when your honor level is high enough. That's plenty good for me. The fact it might be randomly selected from everyone with a high enough honor level makes it seem decently rare, so the same people are always being heroes.

honor is just there to tell other how much time you played RO... so doesnt matter i guess

It does way more than that.

Upvote 0
Your class rank requires you get honor while playing that class. Or it would if it was working properly. You need both experience and honor to get higher ranks in classes. It's right there on the stats page.

they are linked in some ways, but i can be decorated soldier with very few honor ( 30/40 for example... JUST EXAMPLE ) if i choose just a rifleman class everygame

I know, right? I don't care if unlock and numbers aren't some people's cup of tea, I'm a numbers man! I like this stuff and TWI put a lot of effort into making theirs interesting.

I'm just hoping it takes far longer to level up than it seems like it is now, bugs or not.

agree, more then weapons, i 'd like to rank up my soldier more

Upvote 0
Currently it's so bugged that to rank up to class level 6, it shows me that I need -13333 experience points.

Assuming that the number is correct and the negative sign was the only answer, that's a lot of exp and level 6 wasn't the hero level (I think it was called distinguished?) so I think that'll take a while unless you score 150+ points every round.

Upvote 0
I know, right? I don't care if unlock and numbers aren't some people's cup of tea, I'm a numbers man! I like this stuff and TWI put a lot of effort into making theirs interesting.

I'm just hoping it takes far longer to level up than it seems like it is now, bugs or not.

Ah, yeah I know what you mean. That when you see a hero, you are really impressed. That being a hero means something.

Upvote 0
(I think it was called distinguished?) so I think that'll take a while unless you score 150+ points every round.
Is that really so hard though? I saw you on a server tonight, you weren't doing that bad yourself. On on some games....I've seen people pull out 300 points commanding. I think I average about 120 a match (not a round). So....100 games? I've probably played 60 or so by now.

Anyways, it's all academic until stats are actually working. Looks really promising though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was a hero yesterday.

At the start of the round, a battlefield commission letter pops up before you choose your role and says you have been selected for hero status.

An new Role i've never seen before openes up, that says Hero beside it.
I was playing as soviet assault and it gave you the option of using either AVT-40 or PPsh.

I spawn and my sound cut out. I tried to play a bit out of curiosity anyways, but it was too horrible.

What i do know is that i was very resistant to suppression, and i sprinted quite fast for quite a long time.

It was cool has hell.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is that really so hard though? I saw you on a server tonight, you weren't doing that bad yourself. On on some games....I've seen people pull out 300 points commanding.

Anyways, it's all academic until stats are actually working. Looks really promising though.

0D70C5933195875EE6CE409621E8727A23156085

Upvote 0
Hi guys.

First: you need to be highly decorated first to become hero, if you are veteran, you will NOT become hero.
Second: it seems that you become hero randomly, me and my friend were one of the only guys who got hero status in the beta with our riflemen, and we both were heroes on our side.
Third: heroes did (in the beta) not get the oportunity of choosing ANY weapon, we did actually NOT get any other weapons at all, as riflemen heroes we did have the same weapons as we had with veteran and battle hardened.
Fourth: The only benefit in being a hero SHOULD be, that you are not supressed that easy and morale of you and other players in your influence area gets morale up faster, BUT this seems not to work at all, at least in beta.
Fifth and conclussion: being hero is worth nothing until they fix everything.

oh yes and the hero is the only one who has the sleeves up and has dirtier uniform, and the rank pin over his head is gold, not black/white

Upvote 0