• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2 Update Incoming - September 19

Another update and its not about stats... Just great.... TWI the stats tracking must be your top priority right with the performance issues. Not some bug about auto reloading when you are with manual bolting and stuff like that :/

As I see it, stats tracking and unlocks are the most unneeded features of RO. So i for one enjoy the time the system isn't working properly, because people play to play and not to unlock some arbitrary stuff and up their own stats. Stat tracking is IMHO a real hinderance for teamwork and objective based gameplay, as people value their own gain more than the struggle of the team as a whole.

Things that are, in my opinion, more important than fixing stats tracking, in decending priority:

-crash issues
-no sound bug
-guns not firing when clicking for the first time after spawn
-no impact decals or effects when using bolt action manual bolting
-correcting the colour of a texture on the SVT and AVT (to make it clear: I don't care about that texture, nore do I use those weapons often...)

Reactions: radix and Rattler
Upvote 0
Major things I'd like to see fixed before stats:

-Crashing. Though I don't crash too often it's annoying when it does.
-Performance. I got a beasty computer and I can't run it at full. An Unreal Game? Hmm..
-Polish. Animations seem not as fluid as they should be. Idk, is it just me?

Finally, yeah, stats. Though I wonder if when they do fix stats if they will be correct. As in, have they been tracking them right all along and just need to find a way to display them correctly? We'll see.

Anyway, I'm not complaining. I'd like to see fixes ASAP, but the game is playable for me and I enjoy it very much. Got potential to be my favorite MP game of all time.

Upvote 0
Up to yesterday the game crashed one or two times in multiplayer. Yesterday I crashed 4-5 times or every 10 minutes or so.

I also got tons of HDD lag yesterday which hasn't happened before. I'm talking pauses of up to and beyond ten seconds while the HD is thrashing. But that might be a local issue. Just throwing it out there in case anyone has the same problems.

Upvote 0
Ah well thanks I guess. Still won't help me one bit, lag spikes of 150-300 make all these patchs a total utter waste of time. Anyway gears of war today so some multiplayer goodness to finally play.
You're right on one thing, severe lag issues and s***load of bugs makes playing RO2 feel mostly like walking on broken glass.

I still wouldn't dear to say that some 3rd person console shooter is enough to wash all troubles away.

Upvote 0
Pro-tip: Play the game for fun.
Yes, sir Knight. Thou hast defended thine loveable game well. :p

Yes, it's a small thing, but it is noticable.
Reward systems are in so many games. XP, unlocks, acheivments.
Why do you think Super Mario has power ups? A scoreboard.
It's small incentives, right?

And it works against you if there is a system there, but it, well, mocks you.
So, there's a point, I feel. Not a game breaking point, but a point.

Upvote 0
"rogame.exe has stopped working"

(and my computer is new and had awesomes performances)

.... sorry but your game is most of the time unplayable .... it's NOT NORMAL !

Are you really professionnal ? O_O !!!!!

Sorry but i think correcting some bug map issue ARE NOT in high priority !

- Sounds Bug
- Repetitive Crash
- Stats and Achievement

Are what you are supposed to work.

Sorry if i feel angry, but i am sad. I waited Ro2 since 2 years. I expected more.

Have to agree....forget the maps and fix the CTD's, SOund issue and stat business (why you had to introduce them I've no idea, well I do but it's gone and bit you on the backside)

Upvote 0
any plans to fix the issue with getting stuck behind enemy lines and dying to to the off-limits sections on commissar's house?

Seems unfair that i should be auto killed because allies fail to root you out of an objective point prior to them getting the next. If i'm able to hold my position with out dying to enemy fire, i shouldn't be rewarded with a server generated death squad. It's one thing to use this as a tool to keep people from entering a spawn but it's another issue when the protected spawn area comes to you.

+1

Upvote 0