• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Has anyone tried the singleplayer campaign

So far the campaign works very smooth for me, but I only did the training and Spartanovka.

If you half know what you are doing, go with the harder levels. The AI seems fairly decent most of the time, but I found myself getting the drop on a lot of Russians before they saw me.

I didn't notice where you could choose your weapon for combat, but then I really didn't look either as the bolt is my favorite weapon.

Training is nice and simple. You can quickly familiarize yourself and practice with the weapons without getting bogged down like in America's Army. Oh, and after playing the Beta for weeks on end, I just found out you can underhand the grenades. I didn't know that. Go Figure :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I didn't notice where you could choose your weapon for combat, but then I really didn't look either as the bolt is my favorite weapon.

I didn't find a way to change the preffered class which became anoying because I kept spawning as marksman several times in a row when we had to go into close quarters for the final assault.

e.

Ah ... and I got
Complete the full campaign on recruit or above

and
Complete the full campaign on soldier or above

by only playing 3 missions.

Same here. I completed the first 2 German missions on Campaign on Hero and got the Campaign Completed achievements for all 4 difficulties.

Attachments

• Ro2CampaignAchievements.JPG
    Ro2CampaignAchievements.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm playing the Axis campaign on Hero difficulty, and I'm now about three quarters of the way through.

I was definitely excited about an actual campaign, because sometimes I tire of people online ("langer! langer!"). I've found the campaign to be pretty good so far.

It does actually get pretty tough in some places. There's still some pretty erratic and retarded bot behavior, but for the most part they're pretty good.

Upvote 0
Dude, I'm on the 5th target with the K98 and.. it won't fall. I must have gone through hundreds of bullets. Tried every range sight a thousand times, aimed up extra, everything. Didn't have trouble with the others. Must be either really bad or it's bugged.

I had issues with the sniper one myself, hitting the final target. Had myself dialed out too far initially and kept assuming it was further away than it really was.

One thing I'd like to see as an improvement to this training, that would help new players a great deal I believe, is to have a round of target shooting with each weapon where the ranges to the targets are marked. 100m, 250m, 500m, etc. Then you can have the final rounds where there is nothing telling the player how far a target is.

That way, players could get a feel for firing at different ranges and properly dialing sights without getting frustrated on the final target, hearing "You completely missed" over and over and over until they finally get the right combination.

That the game can be frustrating is fine, but the tutorial/training should never be. You should come out of it having learned something, or having become more comfortable with ranges, not just thankful that it's over.

Upvote 0
I love playing SP campaigns. Especially if it's Germans that you get to play. Company of Heroes, Order of War, Wings of Prey to name a few.
In Theatre of War 2: Kursk 1943 and WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger :IS2: you also get to play with the Germans.:D

I played T34 vs. Tiger the other day, and i was driving a Tiger, and the gun view was almost identical to the gun view of the PzIV in RO2:HoS.:confused:

Anyhow, I always want to complete the singleplayer before i go on to multiplayer. But having played the beta, and right now, after work and before i go to bed, the final version; the singleplayer and a bit online.

Thank U TWI for making an WW2 game that is good. NO, it's great!
For now it holds the no.1 spot in my WW2 game list.

Till someone dares to even think of making 'another' WW2 game.;)

Upvote 0
I have, I got up to the "Apartments" level and then got off. Ran great, only a few problems. When I'd click to restart checkpoint/mission (For when I really screwed up and got my guys killed pretty badly) I'd spawn and then suddenly die, and this pair of floating arms would float around the map (as if a guy were moving and I was his replacement) and then I'd spawn in as him, without a weapon. Strange.

Upvote 0