• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Desert eagle exploit

Foxyfired

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 2, 2009
KF-Bedlam
A long time ago, some players used an exploit with desert eagle. If they dropped one of the twice pistol, they had infinite ammo with it.
Now it's the contrary and i think it's UNACCEPTABLE
I know TWI have a lot of work but if you want absolutly fixe exploit, please do it professionnaly.
I was on a game and i had a desert eagle with full ammo on Hell on Earth. I take by chance an other desert eagle on the floor dropped by a player. And i see he was empty...how? if you have a desert eagle full and you drop an other empty one, you've got 2 desert eagle WITHOUT AMMO.

Then please fixed this exploit because you directly fixed thing which make the game easier but you dont fix things which are totally disadvantegeous to players.

Last edited:
This would probably go in the bug report or technical support. This isn't exactly qualifying as a "suggestion or idea" as more of something that needs to be fixed. Also, may I point out that TWI does fix bugs that make the game easier and that make it harder. That's the point of fix patches and the like.

The next few patches will likely be fix ones, so don't worry. However, these will likely be coming at a slower pace as ROHOS is reaching closer to the release date. But, in any case, be patient and report it like any other bug.

Upvote 0
I never knew that...

You might wanna PM a mod and get this locked/deleted sharpish. Posting exploits publicly on the forum can get you infractorised. :(

It's a bad exploit for the game and it can be very dangerous when you play an HoE's game.
Imagine, you've got a full desert eagle. If it become an empty one at the beginning of the game...can you be usefull during this wave...i think no.

Upvote 0
No problem timur, it's my point of view.
I just dont know why they sometimes fix things in a bad way.

I'm sure they don't mean to fix them in a bad way, it's just that sometimes the patch they put on the problem has a bug of it's own; an unexpected consequence, or a little bit of miscoding. They aren't doing that to make it harder, it's just an accident that occured when fixing a different problem. Hopefully they may fix it in the next patch:D

Upvote 0
During the Beta testing, i tested the Handcannon bug to see what is actually going on with it. This was my conclusion:

"You ONLY get the ammo of the NEWLY PICKED UP HC. If the HC on the floor has for example 50 ammo, and the one you have on you has 20, 30, 40 or the max of 96, whatever you have, you will ONLY have those 50 ammo of the one on the floor. Then, if you drop the Dual HCs, you split the ammo as you should (so the one in your hand and the one on the floor has 25 each). Now, if you pick up the one on the floor again , you will only get the 25 ammo it had..."

Upvote 0
Before,

the 2nd handcannon (the handcannon you drop at first) gave ammo to the twice, if you dropped the second and you fired all ammo of the first, it will be empty. Then you took the second again and you dropped again. The first was full and the second always the same ammo.

Now,

It's the second which give the ammo. When you take the second, you have ammo of the second one only.
Then if you have the first which is full and the second empty, you are going to have....empty ammo because the second haven't ammo and it dont matter about the first.

Then just try to find an other thing to fix it.

I test this with 9mm and there is no problem because it's the first which gives money to each. You cant drop the first then it's not a problem.

Upvote 0
It's a bad exploit for the game and it can be very dangerous when you play an HoE's game.
Imagine, you've got a full desert eagle. If it become an empty one at the beginning of the game...can you be usefull during this wave...i think no.

Well, as long as you have a full 9mm as well, you can still do some serious damage. I do agree that this is a problem, though. Since they weigh the same, there is nothing preventing you from accidentally picking up another one.

Upvote 0