• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Changing firebug level 5 & 6 spawn weapon's

Fat Cat

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 3, 2010
World
steamcommunity.com
Alright, this is just a quick thread on the current level 5 & 6 firebug loadout.
As it currently is a level 5 spawns with a flamethrower and no armour. A level 6 spawns with a Mac-10 and armour.

I feel that going from level 5 to level 6 is a step down because of spawning with the mac-10 instead of the flamethrower. I opt to change it so a level 5 spawns with a mac-10 and no armour but a level 6 firebug spawns with a flamethrower and armour. This was how it was at patch 1012. (Before the Mac-10 was added (1014) and before the firebug started to spawn with a flamthrower but no armour (1013)).

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Reactions: _Duke_ and Spicy
I think they made the mac the level 6 weapon so people would not spam all the kills in the first wave with a flamethrower. Besides after the first wave I always sell my Mac and buy a flamethrower
yes, but as it is now a level 5 spawns with a flamethrower and level 6 spawns with a mac-10 and arnour which is a slight step down imo. the level 5 should start with a mac-10 and the level 6 should start with a flamethrower since level 6 is supposed to start with a better weapon than level 5. (for example a level 5 commando starts with a bullpup where as a level 6 starts with a ak-47)

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
Alright, this is just a quick thread on the current level 5 & 6 firebug loadout.
As it currently is a level 5 spawns with a flamethrower and no armour. A level 6 spawns with a Mac-10 and armour.

I feel that going from level 5 to level 6 is a step down because of spawning with the mac-10 instead of the flamethrower. I opt to change it so a level 5 spawns with a mac-10 and no armour but a level 6 firebug spawns with a flamethrower and armour. This was how it was at patch 1012. (Before the Mac-10 was added (1014) and before the firebug started to spawn with a flamthrower but no armour (1013)).

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Wait a minute. They replace your flamethrower with a mac-10?

The armor is cool, but I'd much rather spawn with a flamerthrower and armor, than a mac-10 and armor.

I agree. /signed

Upvote 0
yup. a big step down from flamethrower to mac-10 ...

Actually, I just hit level 6 firebug mere hours after making this post. I can now vouch from first hand experience that this is totally flawed and awesomely lame. Its not so much an issue on difficulties normal and lower, but on suicidal its just a tear in my anus to spawn with a mac-10.

The firebug is already looked down upon by the community. Starting it off with a mac-10 is just the icing on the "hey firebug sucks, go commando" cake. Yeah the armor is a great asset, I'm not complaining about that. The mac-10 just doesn't have the "Hey I'm level 6, look what I spawn with!" feel to it.

Upvote 0
Actually, I just hit level 6 firebug mere hours after making this post. I can now vouch from first hand experience that this is totally flawed and awesomely lame. Its not so much an issue on difficulties normal and lower, but on suicidal its just a tear in my anus to spawn with a mac-10.

The firebug is already looked down upon by the community. Starting it off with a mac-10 is just the icing on the "hey firebug sucks, go commando" cake. Yeah the armor is a great asset, I'm not complaining about that. The mac-10 just doesn't have the "Hey I'm level 6, look what I spawn with!" feel to it.
Hopefully, after the next update tripwire will change the spawn loadout for the firebug so it is a bit more even.

Upvote 0
It's not as easy as I liked it to be.
The reason is that the Flamethrower makes you the goddamn most obnoxious mass murderer in KF for the first 5 rounds, until scrakes start to appear, given you know how to handle your weapons. The only thing you need is some space and time to burn ZEDs down.

I would likely buff the MAC10 so it can bodyshot crawlers so that they burn to death (they don't upon 6 man suicidal and above - you need at least 2 shots).
On Suicidal solo, it is already very good against scrakes (flame until rage -> fire headshots until scrake dies).

And then again, let's not forget the grenades. Let's not forget the grenades my friends. They do have a larger blastradius than normal grenades, don't hurt nearly as much when thrown close and almost kill gorefasts in that radius, too.
Could be a nice sidearm just as the Demo's Pipebomb asset in addition to his grenadelauncher (though I would change the pipes to a grenadelauncher at level 5 //OT).

So my vote goes to Mac 10 instead of Flamethrower for level 5, and Mac10 and full grenades for level 6. Should help making the Firebug more viable with the Mac10 buff but also more balanced in the first round.

Upvote 0
It's not as easy as I liked it to be.
The reason is that the Flamethrower makes you the goddamn most obnoxious mass murderer in KF for the first 5 rounds, until scrakes start to appear, given you know how to handle your weapons. The only thing you need is some space and time to burn ZEDs down.

I would likely buff the MAC10 so it can bodyshot crawlers so that they burn to death (they don't upon 6 man suicidal and above - you need at least 2 shots).
On Suicidal solo, it is already very good against scrakes (flame until rage -> fire headshots until scrake dies).

And then again, let's not forget the grenades. Let's not forget the grenades my friends. They do have a larger blastradius than normal grenades, don't hurt nearly as much when thrown close and almost kill gorefasts in that radius, too.
Could be a nice sidearm just as the Demo's Pipebomb asset in addition to his grenadelauncher (though I would change the pipes to a grenadelauncher at level 5 //OT).

So my vote goes to Mac 10 instead of Flamethrower for level 5, and Mac10 and full grenades for level 6. Should help making the Firebug more viable with the Mac10 buff but also more balanced in the first round.
Well, firebug is supposed to be a killing machine for the first few waves.
There's never been a time when i was firebug and i wasn't the top player with at least 2x or 3x more kills than the guy below me.

Upvote 0
Imo:

Level 5 = Mac10 (the tier 1 weapon)
Level 6 = Flamethrower (the tier 2 weapon)

No armour on either level. The armour was just a bandaid bonus since the Firebug had no other weapon to spawn with...

This.

Before Mac10 was added, firebug had only ONE weapon therefor they gave him an armor instead at level 6.

I really hate it how they switched the level 6 starting weapon to Mac10, it was a DOWNGRADE which doesnt make any sense. When asked about it they just said "A lot of people probably prefer mac10 as starting weapon". Yeah the only reason they might have preferred it at the time was because its the NEW weapon and everyone wanted to try it. Besides, just because people like a certain weapon more than the other doesnt mean it should be added as starting weapon if theres no logic behind it gameplay wise...

Upvote 0