• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Tips on solo suicidal please?

outofrealman

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
I haven't play kf for a while, last time I played was around the time Katana came out.

When I play kf again recently, thee are huge differences.
My tactics at that time nearly useless in this patch. I used to be running around as a 4lv medic and nothing can touch me except the Patriarch. I just run away when hurt and snipe anything using xbow from distance and decap fps. But now Gorefasts and Scrakes will not stop to attack you and fps will enrage themselves, so I can't just running around unharmed.
I used to be able to beat all official maps on suicidal (Long).

However, when I play kf again for two weeks, I can only beat Farm, West London and the new added map (may be not new for you guys?) Foundry on hard. The only map I can reach the Patriarch on suicidal is Farm.
I always get myself surrounded by specimens as Gorefast keep attacking my back and Husk's fire ball keep setting me on fire and blocking my sight.

My so call "new" tactics is start as a 6lv sharpshooter, take the xbow then change to [FONT=新細明體]Berserker [/FONT]for the first wave. I will change to medic 4lv as soon as I can buy Katana. Then sharpshooter as soon as I have the MP7. And after I can buy M14, change back to medic for the rest of the waves.

I use Katana for all Stalkers, Clots and Gorefast, I choose this because I can kill Clots and Stalkers almost every time with only one hit even I don't hit their heads, I can keep swinging the Katana and move forward if there are not too many specimens. This is mainly for escape use.
I use the MP7 mainly for Clawers. Sometimes when specimens are too far away to aim by M14 effectively, I use the MP7 to decap Clots, Gorefasts and Bloats.
In close to medium range I use the m14 laser to aim and I found the M14 is a really good weapon, things I used to do by hand cannons I can use M14 to do it 10 times better, also the M14 can kill fps and Scrakes before they can hit me most of the time.

However my tactic seems not very good at maps which don

Pre-level up patch, I would go zerker for the first two waves, drop the chainsaw, buy a katana, switch to support, sell chainsaw, then buy the two shotties for the rest of the waves.

Level-Up patch, I spawn as lvl6 zerker for the armor, kill everything and try not to get hit, switch to lvl6 sharpshooter, sell the chainsaw and buy a deagle. After wave 2, I usually have enough for a m14 which could possibly last until the Patriarch, but I go x-bow on wave6 and on.

This seems to work on most of the maps for me, and if you got your zerker up to lvl6, you could do this. But, as of right now, you're better off just spawning as a sharpshooter and sticking with it, as after wave1, you only have to buy armor and refill your 9mm.

Upvote 0
I also want to ask how to kill the boss on suicidal. I can kill him only in farm as I found a so call "good spot" for the boss (not bug spot) and farm is wide open enough for you to keep distance from him.
But on other maps, you will encounter him at close range sooner or later during the boss fight. On hard or normal, you just spam attack on him using flamthrower or AA12 can due enough damage for him to run away and heal. But in suicidal, even I head shot him using an xbow with 6lv ss, he just dont stop and heal. Also, when he use melee attack instead of rockets or chain gun, there's no way to dodge, and he will always melee 2 times before he stops. 2 hits can torn my armour and the next time he use melee attack, I'm simply DEAD.

Upvote 0
I was playing solo suicidal earlier today, and I was trying to use sharpshooter with an Xbow and dual HCs. Several times, I would make it to wave 4, and then get grabbed by some clots I didn't notice and get surrounded.

Then I tried berserker with a Katana and Xbow. I kited the bulk of the enemies, running in a looping path and easily sliced my way through the ones that could catch up, or were blocking my escape path. FPs were easier than I expected, they just took two xbow headshots, and the second one was fairly easy due to the rage animation. They couldn't autorage unless they saw me, so I just stayed well ahead, and dealt with them when there was nothing close enough to interrupt the second shot.

I got it on the first try on West London. I failed once on manor, because I messed up on an FP, and got hit by it and a husk at once, instantly killing me from 100 hp/0 ap.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Berserker w katana/xbow
+ Cant be grabbed by clots
+ High melee damage to take out pretty much anything with one chop (not fp/scrake)
+ Resistance for bloat bile and melee damage
- Takes around 3 shots from xbow to take out FP

Sharpshooter w katana/xbow
+ Can "one-shot" anything with the xbow
- Can be grabbed by clots, which could be fatal on suicidal
- Katana less effective

Medic w katana/xbow
+ Heavy armor
+ Speed
+ High resistance against bloat bile
- Can be grabbed by clots, which could be fatal on suicidal
- No bonuses for using xbow/katana

Id use one of those perks on solo suicidal with those weapons. But then again, autoshotgun/scar/m14 would work pretty well too. I just like katana because you can use it while running away from your enemy in tight situtations, without losing the advantage of speed. And crossbow, well, I dont even have to explain that one. Maybe noobish choices but hey they work :)

Oh and one thing, camping in one spot is usually a bad idea, its better you move all the time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm doing it like this: (note that I'm lvl 6 in all mentioned perks)

1) Start as a demo to get grenade launcher and two pipebombs.
2) After first wave switch to berserker, buy a katana
3) After second wave, switch to medic, buy cheap armor and a medic gun for shooting crawlers
4) Medic can withstand a lot more damage than berserker. Run around, chop your way through with precise 1-swing decapitations of clots, gorefasts and stalkers. Kill crawlers with your smg. With your speed bonus, you'll leave most of enemies far behind. Launch grenades from distance when they're nicely grouped.
5) Husk is absolute kill priority if you want to go on with that tactic. Outmaneuver rest of enemies, chop his head off, then run.
6) Scrakes are not a problem for your katana (power swing stuns them enough to chop their head off with few quick slashes), but better kill them last, when there aren't any grabbing clots around.
7) From wave 7 there will be single fleshpounds. When you see one, get close and leave a pipe bomb on their trail, then fire entire mag from your smg in its chest. It will stop for a while to enrage, that will give the pipe bomb time needed to arm and blow his sorry *** away.
8) When you earn enough cash (2500), you can sell your smg and buy SCAR.
9) At wave 10 there will be 2 fleshpounds, invest all spare cash in mining the area with pipebombs. If they have you by surprise, try unloading a mag from scar in their heads and finish off with katana.
10) For patriarch, change perk to sharpshooter, buy crossbow and dual handcannons. Few steady headshots and he's done.

GL :)

Upvote 0
Something I keep learning the hard way is not to turn and run when you are hurt but to backpedal while firing as much as possible, because eveytime I think I am getting away I get chased down by a gorefast or turn around just in time to get chopped by a gorefast. So its more of a run forward turn around to check, run forward turn around to check. Even with a pistol you can outrun clots, its the gorefast that are the real problem being that they can charge and chase you down.

I usually start as a lvl 6 sharp shooter and get a hand cannon or two, then change to the class I want to play once I get the money for the weapon like a m79, ak, shotgun even a aa12. The hand cannon is an excellent defense weapon since it stuns most monsters if it does not kill them. If you solo suicidal the hand cannon is great for keep the gorfast and bloats away from you as well as the crawlers and stalkers. Its possible to kill 2 monsters in one shot with a hand cannon so that is very useful.

Upvote 0