• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will you play single player or multiplayer first?

Will you play single player or multiplayer first?

• Play the single player campaign

Votes: 125 47.2%
  • Play co-op

Votes: 24 9.1%
  • Play traditional player VS player multiplayer

Votes: 116 43.8%

• Total voters
always sp first. nothing more annoying than some idiot jumping into mp without getting the hang of it first.

I'll be doing the same first, but mostly because I reckon when the game goes live, the local server provider won't have their servers up because they're lazy. That way I can get some combat in vs the bots and learn how everything has been rui-xxxx changed since the original so when I get back to having to bark out orders as officer, I have some idea wtf I'm doing :D

Upvote 0
but at least they let you explore the map a fair bit without having to spend all your time following the rest of the team into mgs and not knowing where to go to flank :D

Exactly, you know where to go, so the experience of seeing the ground for the first time in a multiplayer environment is gone :(

IMHO the best multiplayer experience would be a different map everytime you play because the attacking soldiers rarely knew with any what was round the next corner with any accuracy.

I played the 'Hill 400' map in DH for the first time over the weekend and it was intense because I had no idea what was coming next. I played as allies and at the end of the round we had reached the last objective but failed to cap it. I finished at the top of the scoreboard, primarily because I was taking routes nobody else was, and continually caught the defenders looking the wrong way!

It's great fun to see the usual suspects ( normally near the top of the scoreboard ) floundering and whining because their camp 'n' clip skills are failing in the unfamiliar territory :D

I realise that until someone designs a high quality random level generator that this kind if gameplay will continue to be rare, but I still take advantage of it whenever I can.

Upvote 0
MP, Ive never bought a game and played MP day one, and I think that it will be very interesting to play the maps when no one has any idea where to go. Add in projectile penetration and its going to be amazing:D RO is a multiplayer game at heart and so RO2 deserves its baptism in the fire of multiplayer.

On a side note, it might be possible to make a "random" map generator by making massive maps and then having the server pick a random square for the game to be played on.

Could make for some interesting campaigns too, have a front line and it moves forward or back an amount based on the margin of victory. There are three zones, middle and both sides. The side that won the last round gets to choose the zone and attack or defence.

There are several landmarks and if the zone is close enough to one, there is a 50% chance of playing on a landmark map.

Probably be some time before anything like this gets realized, but it would be cool.

Upvote 0
As long as you don't spend the first 20 minutes asking everyone over VOIP to explain the keyboard layout to you in detail, it'll probably be fine.

No but really, thouse guys do annoy me..

I set my controls up first, so I can't help but know what they are :rolleyes:

Those guys and others like them are the reason I very rarely use voip on public servers. If you are stupid enough to join a game without knowing the controls.....

@ ductape3 Yeah anything like that would be great and it would make for some really interesting gameplay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd probably play maybe a singleplayer game or two just to get the general hang of it, and re-adjust to controls, ect.

I might jump straight into mp if I get the game early enough, but, knowing you guys, if I wait 5 seconds it'll become "what do you mean you couldn't perfectly time a nade burst and then fire a hipshot across the map into someone's exposed leg?!" :rolleyes:

Upvote 0