• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

people who suck and don't buy armor

I can agree with you 100% on this point.

Situation:Me playing on hard. Support shows up. Through the first few waves he buys NOTHING.

So I ask "Hey mr. support, its wave 4 and you don't have armor or weapons, what gives?"

He says "No armor, saving for aa-12"

My reply: >rage<

In my opinion there is no reason to make decisions like this. Armor+teir 1 weapon > no armor+ teir 3 weapon. Any. Day. of. the. week.

and i say tier 1/2 and no armour with a tier 3 coming sooner is better than either.
I agree with you if your support is < lev 5 and is mucking around with a pistol, but if he spawns with single or hunting he should probably top that up, using pistol as backup until landing the aa12 asap

It's practical and economic - the aa can clear up rubbish effectively and cheaper than the other shotguns, and yet it's versatile enough to drop the big stuff too.
As for armour - effective team-healing will compensate for a lack-of, indeed you will have to do this to beat hoe whether you all start with armour or not.

Upvote 0
IMO you don't need any armor until wave five for scrakes. And even then, if you know what you are doing, you shouldn't be getting hit by scrakes. You only really need armor for fleshpounds and the patriarch. Husks will just wear down your really expensive armor and it will waste your money.

I haven't played too much HOE but, if you die in two husks rockets or something crazy like that as non berserker, then maybe you should buy armor earlier.

Upvote 0
One more reason not to worry OP: Any zeds spawned after one of your team dies is adjusted to the new playercount. As in, any zeds spawned are now at 5-player health levels.

case in point... i was playing last night normal mode mp its wave 7 with 6 people in the party some douchebag doesnt buy armor. a fleshpound shows up. guess who dies. ill give you a hint the douchebag with no armor.

Also, this part made me lol.

Reactions: drunkentiger
Upvote 0
I usually buy armor on wave 3-4. I generally prefer the pump over AA12 anyways, and I can give teammates money or top everything off. A support with pump and hunty with full ammo is really good, and I would prefer armor and that setup over the AA12. Not sure what it is about that gun, but I never really cared much for it. I will use it on occasion, however.

Upvote 0
just remember people my problem is with people who already suck at the game that dont buy armor. not people who know what they are doing and dont buy armor ive gone till wave 3 or so and didnt buy any before if im playing witha good team i wont care about it very much and will save up. but being lvl 5 and soon 6 i start with the lar so i dont really need to buy very much anyway. ive seen a few people who dont buy armor and are very good but thats really really rare.

also how many posts do i need to not be a newbie? this mod supervision stuff isnt very swift.

Upvote 0
Why the **** do you care? So someone dies and the rest of the team has to kill more specimens. That's the game.

The game is to pull your own weight so no one has to kill your share of specimens when you die.

When players die they make the game more difficult in many ways:

1. More zeds, less people. Heavier killing load on a smaller team.

2. Same size map area, but less people to cover that area.

3. You lose perk bonuses of that players perk. What if your support and/or sharp shooter die? Your ability to down the big zeds is diminished. What if your medic dies? You don't have the potent heals you once had, and now you have to stop killing to heal yourself/others.

Why do I care? Because if you die it makes my job harder and lessens the chance of me completing the map for the achievement I want.

If you have the money to spend on armor why wouldn't you? I can understand now why people might buy weapons or ammo for the first few waves instead of armor, but why wouldn't you spend just a little bit more to up yours and your teams survivability?

Don't try to jump on me with that "skilled players can do x, without y" crap either. Sometimes its not always your fault when you die. I see armor like I see condoms and health insurance: Its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i play on normal still but to me it all depends on the other players if everyones doing there job then most specimens should die before getting in range to hit you for the most part only things that ever hit me 90% of the time are GD crawlers, damn cockroach lookin bastards...... actualy i want to say they look more like crickets then spiders.

Upvote 0
Some players might opt to buy a better weapon rather than armour in earlier waves. If they're bad enough, they'll waste a lot of that ammo too, meaning they might never afford armour.
Or they might new players.
Be a bit more patient man.

I would dare say that MOST players go for that. I know I do. The best defense is a good offense. However, there ARE a lot of newbies that don't buy armor when they should. A REALLY common problem is that they click "Auto-Fill Ammo" and end up wasting at least $100 on Hand Grenades that they may not need.

The two biggest offenders, however are Demomen and Sharpshooters, who spend their money on Pipebombs and Crossbow Bolts, respectively, that they probably don't need in earlier rounds instead of getting armor due to that tempting "Auto-Fill" button...

Upvote 0
I would dare say that MOST players go for that. I know I do. The best defense is a good offense. However, there ARE a lot of newbies that don't buy armor when they should. A REALLY common problem is that they click "Auto-Fill Ammo" and end up wasting at least $100 on Hand Grenades that they may not need.

The two biggest offenders, however are Demomen and Sharpshooters, who spend their money on Pipebombs and Crossbow Bolts, respectively, that they probably don't need in earlier rounds instead of getting armor due to that tempting "Auto-Fill" button...

Yeah, if I have "good enough" weapons, I get armor. HC, shotgun, bullpup are good enough. On the rare occasion when I am drinking, I enjoy using the hunting shotgun as a main weapon, using one or both barrels as needed. I just buy a pump for emergencies and fill up the hunting shotgun to max. I must be doing fairly well like this, as with a 9mm and hunty I can fill it up every wave, buy or top off armor, and still have a lot left over for teammates. The hunting shotgun is remarkably effective using one barrel at a time now that it got fixed.

Upvote 0
If you have a good medic in the team, there's no need in armor for first couple of waves even (or especially) on higher difficulties due to lack of money. Purchasing armor on wave 2 or 3 in the long game means:
1. Boring game for medic.
2. You can't afford better weapon, which means more potential danger to you and your teammates.
3. Sooner or later some crawlers will get to you and "eat" your armor with 300 pounds invested in it.

However, I think that medics must always buy or maintain armor, because it much cheaper (or initial free for 5+lvl) and better for them. Medic usually is the last person in the team, who takes damage. So armor don't goes off so quickly. And if real s**t happens and all teammates are dead, medic due to better armor and fast speed can outrun and survive alone a significant number of zeds remained.

Upvote 0
Especially annoying are buggers and exploiters who camp in 1 unreachable spot, 2+ guys there, with no armors. Once their spot fails by Husk/Siren, they just die so easilly. I'd not be mad if they had armors and survived, rly, I dun mind such players. But, oh God, if they do some, they shouldn't be so cocky and sit and do nothing at all with no armors being sure they'd not even get touched.

Upvote 0
Why do I care? Because if you die it makes my job harder and lessens the chance of me completing the map for the achievement I want.

/That's the game./ I hate to break it to you, but if you are getting pissed at idiot players while /playing on normal/ then you may as well quit now because you will be suicidal once you hit suicidal. People do stupid stuff all the time. Use non-perked weapons. Don't buy armor. Run into the middle of a group and then complain when they die. People who constantly stand in front of the group and block shots. People who stay in front with 5% health, dodge the medic's shots, then won't shut up about not being healed. People who back into you when you throw grenades and you kill yourself. People who rage the FP/Scrake/Patty way down the map. People who constantly shoot grenades 3 feet in front of the group. All sorts of stupid activity.

So either get used to it now or just quit because once you start going up in difficulty, you are only going to get more frustrated.

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0