• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwires

the_TeuTon

Grizzled Veteran
May 3, 2007
I think in TW's next game, players should be able to place tripwires using grenades.......kinda like in some CoD2 mods, where you can lay prone and set one if you have two grenades. It would be realistic, because those kinds of booby traps were made all the time during WW2 (and pretty much every war).

It's ironic, there are no tripwires in Tripwire Interactive's game lol :p

Btw, because of the subject of my thread happens to be the same name as the makers of RO, I figured it would be pointless doing a search to see if this had already been posted, as every post which mentioned "Tripwire" came up, so if this has been posted before I apologize.

Reactions: Norse Soldat
:eek:I swear I remember having tripwires in the first Call of Duty or it's expansion pack in multiplayer, they were pretty awesome to plant in doorways that people used all the time. However, it'd be kind of broken if there was no way to get around the usage of the tripwires like cutting the wire or something.

Edit: Oh **** didn't realize he already mentioned the Call of Duty stuff :eek:

Upvote 0
:eek:I swear I remember having tripwires in the first Call of Duty or it's expansion pack in multiplayer, they were pretty awesome to plant in doorways that people used all the time. However, it'd be kind of broken if there was no way to get around the usage of the tripwires like cutting the wire or something.

Yeah in CoD2 some multiplayer mods had them. They usually also allowed you to defuse them, in the same manner as they were placed.

Upvote 0
Oh and also for those who are saying that soldiers wouldn't be equipped with tripwire mines, it's very simple for a normal soldier to improvise them. All you need is a grenade, a can, and a string. Place the grenade in a can with the ring pulled, and tie a string to the can. once the string is tripped, the can is pulled off the grenade and the spool is let go, detonating it. Congrats I just told you how to make a deadly trap. Don't do this at home kids!

Upvote 0
Oh and also for those who are saying that soldiers wouldn't be equipped with tripwire mines, it's very simple for a normal soldier to improvise them. All you need is a grenade, a can, and a string. Place the grenade in a can with the ring pulled, and tie a string to the can. once the string is tripped, the can is pulled off the grenade and the spool is let go, detonating it. Congrats I just told you how to make a deadly trap. Don't do this at home kids!

And it

Upvote 0
Making them realistic may be a bit harder than you guys think, Infiltration (UT99 mod, for thouse not in the know) implimented some pretty realistic Claymores, they must have used alot of time coding thouse things, but in the end, it was very rare to see them get used, it just plain took too long to set them up and arm them because they where realistic, the time was just plain better spend moving to a good defensive position or preparing a more conventional ambush.

Upvote 0
Tripwire can't be Tripwire without tripwire grenades :)

menofvalortripwiregrena9hh.png

menofvalortripwiregrena6jl.jpg

bfvtripwiregrenades1lf.jpg

bfvtripwiregrenades15hz.jpg

660372fw3.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I definately support that would be so much fun, but it would have to be realistic, RO is all about realism. And make it so you can like jump over them or cut them with wirecutters (New engy weapon??), but if you just walk or run over them you die. Cuz in cod i think one of the earlier forms of laying tripwires had no way of defusing them that was annoying. Then they added the defuse option.

Anyway I support!

Upvote 0
there was a mod for United Offensive, that added tripwires, sticky satchels and other stuff.

Loved using the satchels, Hide in a bush wait for tank to pass and stick it on the back end, watch them drive off and BOOM.
Also sticky nades run into building followed by enemy stick nade on doorway and watch them blow on entering.

Upvote 0
I hope they introduce trip wires in RO2. Otherwise it will be a rush-fest that some other FPSs turned into.

It will make people think a bit.

If they don't introduce this it will make the game less interesting.

By all means, make it a selective server options so, if some prefer to exclude it, that will be fine. That would be a server I will probably never visit again. LOL :).

But at least give us the choice, please.

Upvote 0
I hope they introduce trip wires in RO2. Otherwise it will be a rush-fest that some other FPSs turned into.

It will make people think a bit.

If they don't introduce this it will make the game less interesting.

By all means, make it a selective server options so, if some prefer to exclude it, that will be fine. That would be a server I will probably never visit again. LOL :).

But at least give us the choice, please.

I wouldn't exactly consider this a game breaking feature if it wasn't included.

Upvote 0