• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[WIP] Colt Python (Shh, no one tell the gunslinger crowd)

Spoiler!

Much easier to look at, thanks for the images. Model and texture look great, well done :)

Reactions: braindead
Upvote 0
what do you think about maybe making it into a 454 casull? or maybe 500s&w?
like this one (460ruger)
YouTube - waddell creek
I've seen that vid before. I don't want to particually change anything at this stage as you can imagine. I personally like the Colt from movies and fiction I've read. So I went with that. As I said this is my first complex project with 3D moderling outside of levels. There are so many nice looking guns to pick from but the Colt got their first.

Gartley:
I would gladly be able to help balancing the numbers for you (damage, total ammo, headshot multiplier etc) to TRY and make it as balanced as possible. For some reason, i love doing that :D :)

Awesome, I'll put the information together when I release the mut, will be soon. ;)

Upvote 0
Lol, "vacation". Your anims don't look too bad, try slowing it down a bit and they might be smoother. Might i suggest a limited firespeed? Your vid has you cocking the hammer back like lightning, if you made him struggle a tad with the hammer or something, it would greatly reduce its fire rate and make it less OP. (while still being able to blow sh*t up :D )

Upvote 0
I'd prefer if we didn't hav a scope because they are personally very ugly on hand guns and it doesn't fit an old revolver like this.

Yoyo is right on this, visually a handgun becomes a mess when you attach stuff to it, and this is especially true with a Colt. This is an "Old West" style, extremely gritty revolver with an epic, KF style, slapping a scope on would make it look like the bloody circus cowadooty style circus no less

Upvote 0
Yoyo is right on this, visually a handgun becomes a mess when you attach stuff to it, and this is especially true with a Colt. This is an "Old West" style, extremely gritty revolver with an epic, KF style, slapping a scope on would make it look like the bloody circus cowadooty style circus no less

i know that, but i like my revolvers with scopes, i find it refreshingly excessive, and i was thinking of it more as an option, than an actual addition to this rendition.

Upvote 0
i know that, but i like my revolvers with scopes, i find it refreshingly excessive, and i was thinking of it more as an option, than an actual addition to this rendition.

I think it'd be okay for a scoped pistol, I just don't think this pistol would really work (shiny tacticool sights on an old gritty revolver?). Of course, if Gartley were to add it as an option (pay extra to get a scope), I would certainly say to go for it, but that would require a new model (?) and certainly plenty o' coding, and if Gartley is new to this, that might be a but excessive a demand :eek:. It's not within my knowledge to verify this, but from my experience, adding something like this with no help and as your first gun might be a tad much.

Personally, I'm happy with it as-is, and I'm super happy if he makes a scoped version, but I have to say No to the scoped version being default.

Upvote 0
I think it'd be okay for a scoped pistol, I just don't think this pistol would really work (shiny tacticool sights on an old gritty revolver?). Of course, if Gartley were to add it as an option (pay extra to get a scope), I would certainly say to go for it, but that would require a new model (?) and certainly plenty o' coding, and if Gartley is new to this, that might be a but excessive a demand :eek:. It's not within my knowledge to verify this, but from my experience, adding something like this with no help and as your first gun might be a tad much.

Personally, I'm happy with it as-is, and I'm super happy if he makes a scoped version, but I have to say No to the scoped version being default.

definantly not as default, too many people hate it, but i think it would be a nice option, although as you say it would probably be diifficult, i think it would make for one fun gun.

Upvote 0
definantly not as default, too many people hate it, but i think it would be a nice option, although as you say it would probably be diifficult, i think it would make for one fun gun.

that's true, especially since a revolver would make the most sense with a scope anyways, so if any gun should get an alternative scoped version, it would be this one or the M14 EBR

Upvote 0