• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Call of Duty 4

Oh how about this then, my character was up to level 50 before the last update, but oh guess what I was one of the many people who completely lost everything after the update.

Oh well, I am using this to unlock everything, **** doing it the long way again. If they can't refrain from breaking my stats in an update then why should I refrain from cracking the game to get them back?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh how about this then, my character was up to level 50 before the last update, but oh guess what I was one of the many people who completely lost everything after the update.

Oh well, I am using this to unlock everything, **** doing it the long way again. If they can't refrain from breaking my stats in an update then why should I refrain from cracking the game to get them back?
Well it's a difference if you were level 50 and it was hard-earned work to get there or if you were just level 15 which doesnt take that long. But anyways this discussion is over, if he really thinks he needs to use it then so be it, everybody can more or less do what he/she wants.

Upvote 0
Ugh. If it was server side instead of client side, I wouldn't have had to use the editor to get my stuff back. I went up to level 50, got nailed by the update. Got up to 55, was enjoying my time, computer crashed and had to reinstall everything. Got up to 55 again, had it for a greater period, and one day the files just corrupted for whatever reason.

Upvote 0
just wondering, on maps which allow ghillies, has anyone actually tried using them to great advantage? i only got COD4 the other day, yet on MP i generally have a nice K/D ratio in my favour. Purely due to the fact i take a ghillie, uav jammer, and silenced pistol and wait for my prey. i dont rack up the points, but its very satisfying knowing your prey died without knowing you where beneath him

Upvote 0
just wondering, on maps which allow ghillies, has anyone actually tried using them to great advantage? i only got COD4 the other day, yet on MP i generally have a nice K/D ratio in my favour. Purely due to the fact i take a ghillie, uav jammer, and silenced pistol and wait for my prey. i dont rack up the points, but its very satisfying knowing your prey died without knowing you where beneath him

Have you tried the overkill perk yet? I love setting my primary weapon as a sniper rifle, take the overkill perk and use a G3 with a silencer as your secondary weapon... much better than a pistol!

Upvote 0
Overkill is nice. I usually go for something close range like a shotgun/smg, and a long range weapon like G3, M14, or Dragonov.

However, how many people have tried this build? Being an RO player, I'm an avid fan of it.

M4023 Sniper Rifle + ACOG scope
Bandolier
Sleight of Hand
Dead Silence/Anything of your choice really

Nothing like firing 5 quick, well placed shots and reloading in 7 seconds.

Upvote 0
Quite. hey Erk- you play on the ToB servers? I think I've seen you on there...

I really only play on my own server, so there's probably another ERK running around. Actually, there was some nintendo game with a main character named ERK, so I see it being used a lot lately.

I run a hardcore server with nearly all the settings tweaked to make it not so gamey. Run speeds/distance is set lower so players aren't running around like fools, which also seems to effect jumping. Health settings are set to balance all the weapons out (default settings is 100, I've got mine set to 42). Health regen time is set a lot higher, so if you don't die with one hit, the other person can get that final shot that kills before you've got full health again. Also, the helicopters are tweaked so that they won't fire at you unless you're in the open with no cover, instead of them being able to snipe you when inside buildings. Plus I've got the server streaming from 3 sources, so I've yet to have any hackers on there.

If anyone is interested, all the server info can be found here:
http://wampa.clanservers.com

Upvote 0