• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Extremely worried.

The game clearly has performance issues, and that overrides any little bugs you have here and there.

They need to take an extra month and just optimize the hell out of it because the current build just, simply put, isn't good enough. I love the game, it's fantastic but unless they specifically say they'll work to make the game more compatible with rigs that aren't high end, I'll be asking for a refund. I'm not going to pay

Upvote 0
The game clearly has performance issues, and that overrides any little bugs you have here and there.

They need to take an extra month and just optimize the hell out of it because the current build just, simply put, isn't good enough. I love the game, it's fantastic but unless they specifically say they'll work to make the game more compatible with rigs that aren't high end, I'll be asking for a refund. I'm not going to pay

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I love this game, I've played 17 hours so far according to steam however I am extremely worried about the state it will be in at launch.

The only map I could play has been apartments because the other 2 just crashed for me before I could finish games. I just tried to play both grain elevator and barracks and both crashed when walking out in the open.

I've dumped most of these crash reports and my machine is so far a head of the recommended specs it's ridiculous.

I just can't see how they will get these working in a week.

Try turning down your Graphic settings a lvl.
Might be just your system running out of memory on bigger maps?

Upvote 0
In the end the game still is in beta and tripwire hasnt done such a big project yet. They have already optimized it significantly i can tell you that being a day 1 beta tester. Tripwire will continue working on all these issues however because they do want to deliver a stable good running project.
Also see it this way, usually game beta's pre launch are not really that buggy still so you are all actually contributing to the development of the game.

Upvote 0

Upvote 0
In the end the game still is in beta and tripwire hasnt done such a big project yet. They have already optimized it significantly i can tell you that being a day 1 beta tester. Tripwire will continue working on all these issues however because they do want to deliver a stable good running project.
Also see it this way, usually game beta's pre launch are not really that buggy still so you are all actually contributing to the development of the game.

If this really would be a "beta" and not some payed demo (The only incentive for me to get the DDE was this "beta") then I also would not be worried. There still would be enough time to fix problems and I would have some proper way to communicate the problems.
But there are 7 days and and I am ranting in a forum about a payed "preview" of the game. This is was gets me worried.
My guess is that if they keep up the work eventually the problems will get ironed out, but not in the one week till release.

Upvote 0
If this really would be a "beta" and not some payed demo (The only incentive for me to get the DDE was this "beta") then I also would not be worried. There still would be enough time to fix problems and I would have some proper way to communicate the problems.
But there are 7 days and and I am ranting in a forum about a payed "preview" of the game. This is was gets me worried.
My guess is that if they keep up the work eventually the problems will get ironed out, but not in the one week till release.

*Headdesk*

It's not a paid preview. It's a true to life beta. TWI isn't yanking our chains. We're playing with the most recent build, and we're helping them bugtest.

Upvote 0
Well, steam says I've played 4 hours and haven't had any crashes. There are still some issues but none that make it unplayable..at least for me. I also agree with Johnny that often bugs are linked....one bug causes several issues that may appear different but are really the result of the same thing. The main thing TWI has to do now (and they're doing it) if fix any real ugly stuff before launch. Some issues, like relative model sizes, my guess is will need to be fixed later on as they impact everything and would probably take a lot of time not just to change but to test. When you're near launch you don't want to change anything that's not critical as the risk of breaking stuff even worse is too great.

Upvote 0
If you have a more powerful rig have you tried turning the graphics up instead?? I know it sounds weird but on my old machine "The Witcher 2" ran horribly until I turned the graphics up as I have a high end card that could support it. (which is now the secondary card in my new rig.....)
That is exactly what it's doing, I've turned the graphics down alot already and way too much than I should have to.

It will still crash.

Upvote 0
That is exactly what it's doing, I've turned the graphics down alot already and way too much than I should have to.

It will still crash.

The crashes aren't graphical issues (they may be issues with the graphics CARD, but I'm pretty sure they aren't caused by your graphics settings).

Try solutions outside of turning your graphics down.

Upvote 0
If you have a more powerful rig have you tried turning the graphics up instead?? I know it sounds weird but on my old machine "The Witcher 2" ran horribly until I turned the graphics up as I have a high end card that could support it. (which is now the secondary card in my new rig.....)

I have 2 460s usually, this does not work with RO2 atm. I can run Witcher 2 at 1920x1080 everything max with ubersampling at 60 fps.

With 1 460 I am very limited, I do however only have 3gb of ram as I have a 32 bit OS, but even with that it shouldn't be this extreme. Will the extra vram help?

I can run Apartments at max with 60 fps, any other map crashes on load.

Upvote 0
The crashes aren't graphical issues (they may be issues with the graphics CARD, but I'm pretty sure they aren't caused by your graphics settings).

Try solutions outside of turning your graphics down.

Well no, they are 100% graphics issues. The problem is I don't have enough memory available to use so the game crashes, turning down graphics puts less of a strain. The problem is I have to turn then down by such a ridiculous margin it's worthless.

This only happens on the larger maps. On apartments the game looks and runs amazing for me.

Upvote 0
*Headdesk*

It's not a paid preview. It's a true to life beta. TWI isn't yanking our chains. We're playing with the most recent build, and we're helping them bugtest.

We might have the latest build in our hands, but there is no way (other than ranting in this forum) to give them feedback. Also there is one week till release.
You really think that is the way beta testing is done? This is a prerelease look at the game and I am intended to call it a demo.

Upvote 0
In my opinion more ram can never hurt...especially video ram. How are the two 460's configured? Is one a physix processor?. I have a 560 and 570 that are linked but the 560 is configured to be my physix processor. On my previous rig that I had to turn up witcher 2 on I had the 560 and 3.5 gb ram on a duo-core. I agree that larger maps crashing sounds like a memory issue. Finally, are you sure there's nothing faulty with your ram? It couldn't hurt to double check that. (for example apartments my be small enough to not hit the faulty stuff.)

I have 2 460s usually, this does not work with RO2 atm. I can run Witcher 2 at 1920x1080 everything max with ubersampling at 60 fps.

With 1 460 I am very limited, I do however only have 3gb of ram as I have a 32 bit OS, but even with that it shouldn't be this extreme. Will the extra vram help?

I can run Apartments at max with 60 fps, any other map crashes on load.

Upvote 0
there is no way (other than ranting in this forum) to give them feedback.

If you think the only way to give feedback is to "rant", I'm thinking TWI would prefer not to have your feedback :)

I am intended to call it a demo.

If you insist on bending the truth and deluding yourself, we can't stop you. However, this IS a beta, and IS NOT a demo. The two are very different things, and if you believe otherwise, this discussion is pretty pointless to say the least. One of the biggest problems with beta these days, is that too many people - mostly younger players - see them as demos or even "early access". Bloody MMO communities :) I appreciate there is only a week until release - this does not mean this is not a test. It IS a test, regardless of how you try to spin it and twist it :) In a test, things remain to be fixed - the purpose of the test is to find these things, and fix them.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure some of the performance issues people are having are indeed bugs and not the game needing to be massively optimized. I run it on q6600 and it runs well on high settings except occasionally during large artillery bombardments on certain maps. I haven't seen any weird memory leak symptoms or stutters which is what often shows up in games that are truly needing optimization and massive fixing. Hopefully that means it will be easier to fix for those that have it.

Upvote 0