• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heroes vs Recruits

J.Eaton

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 30, 2010
So I been reading about heroes in the upcoming game and the small perks they may get. So I was wondering what the downside was, or if there was one.

I ask simply because in games with some systems it sort of discourages new folk if it's too much. So I know we don't have a lot of details, least any I could find with search, so I'll just transition into suggestion.

Now I just read about morale helping decide how fast you capture something and that heroes had an effect on that. Is the opposite true? If your hero gets killed does morale plummet?

On a personal level, does the person you kill affect your experience gain? Say your a recruit and you kill a hero do you get a bonus, and inverse if your a hero and kill a recruit could you get less experience?

Was thinking it would be cool to kill a hero as a new person and get a commendation and extra prestige, and if your a hero, well mowing down a bunch of recruits a hero won't get much.

Anyhoo just some thoughts.

From what I think the hero is limited to one man per team, and he has the option to use a special weapon depending on his class. ALTHOUGH I think that heroes, since it actually will be veteran players and not just anybody, will mostly be more advanced classes like commanders and snipers ETC.

Plus like I said since the hero will be a veteran player, he probably won't even want to use rare weapons all the time, probably just go with classic bolts/semi's/smg's.

The only real advantage though is capping objectives faster, and the only disadvantage is being more of a target for snipers.

Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer
Upvote 0