• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nades shot out of hand - make them explode

Lonyo

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
lonyo.co.uk
I dunno if this is already in RO:O (you have't made me a tester yet ;)), but assuming we still have weapons being shot out of hand, and we still have nades, can you make it so when nades are shot out of hand (which occasionally happens in 3.3, although it may no longer happen in RO:O in which case ignore the thread), can they explode if they have been primed?
At the moment you can have a nade primed and be ready to throw, then you get it shot out of your hand and it doesn't explode, which is not right, because obviously if you drop a primed nade it blows up.
So if it's in and the system is broadly the same, can we make sure dropped primed nades blow up please? :)

Personally I like this idea because it's realistic and forces people to be more careful with grenades. I'm also the kind of person who would like to see people not getting points for grenade kills after they have died. This would really help in discouraging people from rushing out of cover just to toss a grenade. Or people who run into a room with a primed grenade. Not realistic, not needed, so should be removed any way possible. ;)

Upvote 0
Denwald the problem is you always see people jumping out of cover, or rushing into a room with a primed nade because there's no real drawback for doing it. A kill is still a kill because the grenade still kills the enemy, the suicidal grenadier just doesn't get any points for it. This just discourages him from throwing a grenade in an unrealistic manner.

Upvote 0
Indeed. A kill is a kill.

I'm all for the idea of the grenades just detonating instead of dropping. IRL, nobody's crazy enough to just run around with a live grenade, looking for a target. This is not reflected in RO at the moment.

very good point. How often has this killed a skilled machinguner ... same goes for the satchel guys.

Upvote 0
Yes kill is a kill but he suggests not to get points for that kill,so he dies but you dont get points.Maybe that will prevent suicidal nadenoobs a bit assuming they care about scoreboard.
About the topic, i think everyhandshot hitting a nade should cause an explosion,regardless of being primed.

Upvote 0
Personally I like this idea because it's realistic and forces people to be more careful with grenades. I'm also the kind of person who would like to see people not getting points for grenade kills after they have died. This would really help in discouraging people from rushing out of cover just to toss a grenade. Or people who run into a room with a primed grenade. Not realistic, not needed, so should be removed any way possible. ;)

I like this idea. It already happens every once in a while with the tanks (probably due to lag though): You shoot at someone, get killed while your shell is in mid-air and when it finally hits the enemy he gets a "suicide" instead of you getting a kill.

As for the original idea... I'm all for it too, I wonder why this isn't in game yet.

Upvote 0
Also they should check the deadnade code while they're at it. It's totally random. Sometimes you die after you've primed it for 3 seconds and nothing happens, and sometimes you die immidiately the moment you pull the pin and it explodes after 5 secs. 3.3 had it right, why not in Ost?

Upvote 0