• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favorite Bolt action rifle

Ehhh yeah. Ok here's my bias, I am a Canadian and I have harsh feelings for politicians who give special deals to friends over the more practical rifle ( the Lee enfield, which oddly enough is actually designed by a canadian ).

Im sure the gun works just fine when re assembled correctly and I am aware of that one part that has a bad habbit of giving you face dents when put in the wrong way. Im just amazed they managed to make it less reliable then the swiss straight pull's and Steyr mannlicher who's designs it was based upon.

Either way, yes despite my bashing its on my list, they arent too costly over here in canuckistan, just harder to find.

Upvote 0
My favorite boltie? The SV-98

Why? Cause it's the only bolt action where the designer thought "hold on, there are some people in this world that are left handed" and actually in incorporated that into his design.

All the other elitist right hand only rifles can suck it!!!

tumblr_ll0hc4fr2O1qzlgkq.jpg

I've been looking for a leftie boltie.

Upvote 0
just got the Swiss and Austrian stuff in today. I have to say a K31 is a Cadillac / Jaguar of bolt action rifles. 2 stage ish trigger that lets you know when you've pulled it to the point where it is now the closest thing ive seen on a military rifle to a hair trigger. The sexy action & beatiful wood with the nice Swiss shield being the only stamp on the action cover. I havent seen a rifle that aesthetically pleasing since I set eyes on my enfield.

Not to mention @#$#@$ that straight pull is faaaaast.

Then theres the earlier k11 carbine and 1896 long rifle, both are pretty but show their years a bit more, and after seeing the k31 well... they just are inferior.

Then theres the m95/30 and m95/34 steyr mannlicher carbines. My goodness I've never held such a stubborn gun. One of em actions with a mere ***** slap but the other one is probably a relative of the small guy with the mustache. You have to pull it so hard it gives your shoulder a bruise just to slide the bolt open. Also considering how short these rifles are ( barely up to my waist ) I now understand what people meant when they said 'RECOIL'. Looking at the 8x56R shell ( wtf shoulder-less ammo?! ) it looks pretty friggen meaty for a rifle that is probably not much longer than an m4 carbine.

Long story short I like all of these rifles, the beatiful and complex Swiss rifles that just work like a watch. ( Did I mention you can pull the bolt back on those with one finger?? ). And the force feedback Austrian rifles that secretly want to be pacifists and as such punish the shooter just as much as the recievee...

It's funny because right now I am reminded of top gear. Particularly how they describe super cars in terms of all of their specifications, and lastly if its got that 'special something'. Once again now that I've got a collection I have to say the Mauser pattern action feels / looks like the action pattern where you muse to yourself you could re barrel the gun to .50 BMG and use the same bolt as your 7.92x57 and it WOULD actually work. Yet when you compare it to the swiss rifles, or the nutty austrian rifles, or even the elegant enfield, it's the bloody supercar that lacks that crazy side; its all business and no special something. Which for the m95 steyr is 'hey hey gonnaF*ck with you now!', for an enfield it would be how classy the rifle looks and how smooth it operates...

Zee Churmans, they know not this fun with which you speak of...

Oh yes, I think I will get my semi professional photographer relative to take pics of the entire lot this weekend...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Then theres the m95/30 and m95/34 steyr mannlicher carbines. My goodness I've never held such a stubborn gun. One of em actions with a mere ***** slap but the other one is probably a relative of the small guy with the mustache. You have to pull it so hard it gives your shoulder a bruise just to slide the bolt open. Also considering how short these rifles are ( barely up to my waist ) I now understand what people meant when they said 'RECOIL'. Looking at the 8x56R shell ( wtf shoulder-less ammo?! ) it looks pretty friggen meaty for a rifle that is probably not much longer than an m4 carbine.

aah yeah, the steyr mannlichers
They are like woman

One day, you will love them on the firing range, they go as smooth as a kitten...and its a great rifle

Then the other day..They get there peroids..They refuse to chamber, they refuse to extract, suddently the huge *** pleasent recoil because HUGE *** PAINFULL AS HELL RECOIL

one day your shots land nicely on your target
One day you refuse to even empty your clip because your eyes popped out of your head because of the recoil!

But you CANT hate this rifle!

Reactions: Colt .45 killer
Upvote 0
aaah steyrs. Got an origenal Steyr stutzen in 8x50 and 2 M95/30's in 8x56mm R

the steyr stuzen in 8x50 is pleasant recoil (Thank you pvri for finnaly making ammo!)
but whatever knucklehead came up with THIS AFTER THE WAR=
-oooh hey.........LET US MAKE THE CARBINE VERSION LIGHTER AND ADD A MORE POWERFULL ROUND!

For the few remaining long infantry rifles this was maybe a good update, but for the carbines mother OF LORD

Reactions: Colt .45 killer
Upvote 0