• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Kill Death Ratio and other stats

Seriously, why? IMO these dont belong in a realism game so it is pretty disappointing to say the least. In games like Call of Duty or Battlefield, I welcome it but not in this game.

I dont necessarily mind stats as long as the stats that people can optimize truly help the team.

For instance a pure K/D ratio doesn't say a lot of how much a person is helping his team. You could get a K/D ratio of 10 quite easily in RO by simply not attacking or advancing.

If you look at kills in RO a better measurant would be how quickly you kill people and how important the people were that you killed. (like getting a higher score for killing a person that is murdering your entire team).

Reactions: CopperHead
Upvote 0
Seriously, why? IMO these dont belong in a realism game so it is pretty disappointing to say the least. In games like Call of Duty or Battlefield, I welcome it but not in this game.

Rather have it than not have it, if you don't like em don't look at them.

Upvote 0
Spoken like a true cs player

See how you like it when the entire attacking force are all camping a la Americas Army Bridge map. All terrified they might lose a point, and the chat spamming rights that seem to come with having a lot of them.

These people are quite capable of playing constantly for weeks/months on end, grinding away just so they can tell everybody else they pwn them. They would happily sit and camp for 10 minutes as the last player while everyone else twiddles their thumbs for the sake of 1 point.

But anybody who doesn't like that is obviously a true CS player :rolleyes:

I truly hope the score/ranking system doesn't attract those epeen score whores to HOS.

Upvote 0
I dont mind, people who dont risk themselves in RO thinking only on KDR barely gets enough kills and points to boast themselves, meaning less priority on good weaponry (sniper anyone?).

And dont be so stingy, good KDR is a good measure on RO, it means the team that has good KDR players (the ones who help to attack/defend) has an edge on reinforcements.

Upvote 0
In RO you get much more points for capping objectives and helping team members (giving ammo to MG) than by killing enemies...and I hope this system is expanded on further.

It's one of the things I've always liked about Battlefield, yes it has k/d ratio, but you don't have to be an expert marksman to support your team and do well in the points because of that support.

Battlefields Score Per Minute (SPM) is generally a good indicator of the team players, since a high SPM will normally mean you are doing lots of team support actions and capping flags alongside the kills.

I think with ROs more realistic flavour, it will be harder to have such a system, particularly for rewarding defending players as you don't generally get points for holding ground and for recapping it, which is a shame.

Upvote 0
Put trollglasses before you read it

ROplayer joined a server
ROplayer: I just have installed RO2. That game might be so fun because I can become a hero and there are unlocks, achievements, so cool game!

ROplayer joined Allies

Why I can't pick sniper class? Why there is only one sniper? But I want to play as super Stalingrad Sniper! Ok, let's take a rifle. Oh, where is a crosshair? Is it a bug? Uhm where am I? Where are objectives? I just follow these guys over here.

ROplayer died

What? How I suppose to kill guy with SMG when I have rifle only. I want my sniper rifle! Game is so unbalanced! Hmmm let's try again.

ROplayer died

WTH? A tank? And why I don't have satchels or artillery? How I suppose to kill that beast? This game is so unbalanced!
Let's check scoreboard. Oh! There is K/D, so that's all about. I just go back near respawn area and will wait till somebody comes.

5 minutes later

Yes! My first kill! That is good camping spot, I should stay here till end of a day and work on my KpD. I just don't understand why my team is trying to capture objectives? They die so often doing this.

For competitive gaming: I also don't see any reason to put K/D there. Clanwar is all about capturing flags or working on reinforcements - winning battles. Player with best K/D still can loose a game badly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Put trollglasses before you read it

ROplayer joined a server
ROplayer: I just have installed RO2. That game might be so fun because I can become a hero and there are unlocks, achievements, so cool game!

ROplayer joined Allies

Why I can't pick sniper class? Why there is only one sniper? But I want to play as super Stalingrad Sniper! Ok, let's take a rifle. Oh, where is a crosshair? Is it a bug? Uhm where am I? Where are objectives? I just follow these guys over here.

ROplayer died

What? How I suppose to kill guy with SMG when I have rifle only. I want my sniper rifle! Game is so unbalanced! Hmmm let's try again.

ROplayer died

WTH? A tank? And why I don't have satchels or artillery? How I suppose to kill that beast? This game is so unbalanced!
Let's check scoreboard. Oh! There is K/D, so that's all about. I just go back near respawn area and will wait till somebody comes.

5 minutes later

Yes! My first kill! That is good camping spot, I should stay here till end of a day and work on my KpD. I just don't understand why my team is trying to capture objectives? They die so often doing this.

For competitive gaming: I also don't see any reason to put K/D there. Clanwar is all about capturing flags or working on reinforcements - winning battles. Player with best K/D still can loose a game badly.

LOLOLOLOL. It's funny because this is definitely how it will go.

Reactions: Atomskytten
Upvote 0