• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rebirth of the Serk!

I can see you've put a lot of thought into this, but part of playing Berserker is that, at the cost of speed, killing power and damage resistance, you are limited to close range. Given the current 40% resistance at Lv6, I'm not so sure that shields are needed for a Berserker. For one, this will make it almost impossible for an FP to kill a Berserker, as when it rages he has enough time to raise his shield and take even less than he usually does (which is 30-60 on HoE).

Ranged weapons, as I've mentioned, are part of the Berserker's weakness. But still throwing weapons (as various threads have mentioned in the past) would be nice. I don't think they should have very high damage or killing potential as that would convert Berserker into yet another ranged perk. Just the ability to pick off pursuing Crawlers would be nice. Maybe just one or two of the weaker options you listed would suffice.

Also the rage serum would be cool, I admit. But if many of the KF characters look a bit crazy running around with katanas and axes, how would they look running around with katanas and axes screaming their heads off?

So some of your ideas are novel and could be an interesting addition to the game. But some of them might not be in the right direction for the Berserker. I find I have a lot of fun kiting FPs and wading through boatloads of specimens as he is now. Though you are right in that he is probably the only perk besides Medic who uses off-perk weapons (other than 9mm) on a regular basis.

Upvote 0
I know everyone hates 'lets give X perk X weapon!' threads, but... This is one of them. Rage now.

Basically like saying "I know these ideas aren't good and that I'm only going to annoy people by rehashing ideas that have been posted a billion times before, but deal with it!"

Ugh.

Not a good idea in the bunch. Shields are almost useless because you shouldn't be getting hit as a Berserker and what hits you do take need to be healed off. The Shield, if anything, would just be a money sink that would slow you down causing you to be hit MORE.

Your rage serum or whatever is just a rehash of that terrible Berserkgang idea where you're stupidly strong for a minute, then useless for a minute.

The throwing weapons are the icing on the cake. They're not practical and you suggested about a billion of 'em that would all accomplish almost the same thing.

Also...WTF is a "Serk" and why is it being reborn?

Upvote 0