• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bolt action and sniper

If you want a kill, aim for the legs. That should slow them down.

While they're frantically noob spraying the wall behind you:

Shoot the gun out of their hand --->
Shoot them in the foot so they can't run --->
Dodge the panic grenade they try throwing at you --->
Run around them mass bayonetting --->
Teabag the body.

:IS2:

RO 2's going for very much a realistic approach to bullet damage, so if you shoot Johnny machine gun in the face with a rifle from 6 feet away he's not going to laugh it off and pepper you with his ppsh. :)

Upvote 0
I like the sound of the slow death, makes perfect sense to me, indeed even some CoD1 mods had this kind of feature back in the day...

Rifles are definitely where it's at in RO, but I used to be pretty good with a PPSH41 and in CQC against a decent player you'll find it very hard facing off against them with a bolt action, and imo that's the way it should be.

Upvote 0
usually when you get a critical wound where you die in the next 4 seconds, you are not gonna be trying to aim and kill anyone. that happens only in the movies. if you get hit in the chest you go into shock instantly and die in the next few seconds. I don't see anyone in shock doing anything productive in the few seconds before they die.

I think its unnecessary and will lead to you kill someone and they kill you back. its already annoying in BC2 and it happens fairly rarely

You also have to remember, players dont "die" in roost/hos they are killed ingame when they would be incapacitated or inable to fight in real life. So the bleed out death could in real life easily be someone who would be able to fight a bit longer, but would need medical attention due to blood loss; and in the end could have probably survived that wound.

Reactions: Snuffeldjuret
Upvote 0
what was it like in RO?

Seriously....could you please stop talking about RO in the past tense. We still play it, and you should get in game like yesterday or last week already. Just doing that would help answer at least some of these questions you keep asking. Welcome to the wonderful world of RO, no time like the present to.....as The Godfather of Soul so eloquently stated...."GET UP, GET INTO IT, & GET INVOLVED."

Upvote 0
Don't think so, as it could be an advantage in comparison to the players using the 3D scopes with lens effects.

On the other hand, you won't have any peripheral vision if it uses the traditional sniper scope sprite.

RO:Ost had the option to choose between a sprite, a low detail 3D model, and a high detail 3D model so I don't see why HoS won't. For those people with less powerful systems, they may prefer the sprite.

Upvote 0