• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pre-purchase RO2 on Steam!

Long time reader just never made an account but on the Steam page it says

Owners of the original Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 will receive the following:

Pre-purchase now and receive 10% off or get 20% off if you already own the original Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45.
Day 1 unlock of the Kar98 and Mosin rifle bayonets:

Special in-game item - Russian Guards Badge and German Close Combat Badge:

If I don't have RO:OST will I still get the weapons/badges when I purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition (and the KF characters/TF2 hats too :p)?

Upvote 0
I initially posted my RO2 TF2 hats thing out of excitement. As soon as I saw that it downloaded an update and read RO2 promo items, I immediately jumped on the forums to announce it. After posting I forgot that would mean the preorder was available lol ;) Just trying to get the word out as fast as possible.

Anyways, preordered the deluxe and must I say, having heard the initial price of $40 for just the normal game, paying the same for all those extras...god I love TWI so friggin much.

Upvote 0
Long time reader just never made an account but on the Steam page it says

If I don't have RO:OST will I still get the weapons/badges when I purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition (and the KF characters/TF2 hats too :p)?

You get day 1 unlocks for the assault weapons and semi auto sniper weapons if you buy the Digital Deluxe edition.

If you own RO1 you get the day 1 unlock of the bayonets, and the guards badges.

Upvote 0
Just bought the deluxe edition, not really because I care a whole lot about unlocks and whatever, but because I was planning on giving you guys my 40 bucks anyways.

One question though. A friend asked me what the badges do, and I couldn't say. Are they just a bragging rights type of deal, or do they have gameplay significance?

Upvote 0
$50 + 20% vat = $60 (we europeans have to pay taxes on our games :( ) so the prices aren't that far off. So twi took the us price added 20% vat, transferred it to euros and rounded it off upwards to a nice number.

I was already raging here with UK prices but I never thought (read: knew) about taxes. Well, I have now officially proven wrong and will now willingly hand my hard-earned money over.

Upvote 0