• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nebelkerzenabwurfvorrichtung in RO2

Maybe a hero thing or unlock-able like the scopes on snipers?

If not, all these tanks shall spout smoke from their rears!!!

Be funny in 64player tank matches... :D :IS2:
sigh...

sorry, tank!, some of our members are from call of duty and battlefield communities.

but this is an excellent suggestion with great research and illustrations. i hope to see this implemented.http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/member.php?u=12385

Upvote 0
I'm not saying it isn't historically accurate. I was responding to using BFBC2 as a basis for including it in RO. I'd just gotten through reading a plethora of rather 'nonsensical' suggestions. I would have been better served taking my own advice and should have just 'bitten my tongue'. My apologies for not being more tactful.

And I thought is was spelled: supercalifragilisticexpialidocious :p

Ah, sorry, my bad english :rolleyes:!

Upvote 0
is the nebelkerzenabwurfvorrichtung for the infantry behind the tank? because its on the rear of the panzerkampfwagen IV and modern panzerkampfwagen have the nebelkerzenabwurfvorrichtung on the turret shooting the nades in front of them

:IS2:

I should think, that it was meant to be used, when tank would back out to cover. Nothing to do with infantry really.

Reactions: husbert
Upvote 0
I don't mean to be harsh.... but before requesting things or responding....
Ask yourself first: Is it historically accurate?
Then post.
BFBC2 has absolutely nothing in common with RO except that it is an FPS.
Using that game as a basis for what equipment RO should or should not have is being rather uninformed about TW's RO games.

No I didn't mean it like that..I meant the coding can be done to make it possible..using bf as an example... I've never seen in any ww2 game though..a tank that uses smoke grenades

Upvote 0
I see a number of problems.

1. Smoke causes performance issues.

Solution:
Randomize availability. Tanks and classes that could have smoke, have it sometimes.

Reduce smoke effect. The blanket created is a bit overkill. So add wind effects to all maps (as per engine) and then lessen density of smoke justified by wind.

As to smoke barrage: Could be added as effect at start of maps (re appartments), but would not want it after that. Its sort of a preplanned thing.

Upvote 0
I see a number of problems.

1. Smoke causes performance issues.

Solution:
Randomize availability. Tanks and classes that could have smoke, have it sometimes.

Reduce smoke effect. The blanket created is a bit overkill. So add wind effects to all maps (as per engine) and then lessen density of smoke justified by wind.

As to smoke barrage: Could be added as effect at start of maps (re appartments), but would not want it after that. Its sort of a preplanned thing.

Not to be a dick but.... there already exists lowest common denominator gaming, tis called consoles.

If this was designed to completely obstruct the view of the tank, and it doesnt do that ingame; implementing it is a waste of time.

Upvote 0