• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ZED time, not very helpful and annoying

As stated, I don't see it helping me at all with the game, but I either like it or don't mind it most of the time. I have never "Hated" the slow mo and yelled at my monitor while waiting for it to end. I've had plenty of times where I just finished reloading my hunting shotgun, and the zed time would go on. I would then proceed to jump at my nearest target, unloading the gun in his face, and then as the zed time ends, his body would go flying away. I just find it epic or meh at times. Never annoying to me. Maybe it's because I'm constantly on vent with my friends, and when I'm perma welding a door and zed time goes off, I go "OHHH YEAH!! EPIC WELDING!". I've also had plenty of times where it was completly epic from killing flesh pounds charging at us at full speed.

So, I'm fine with it, and even like/love it at times. But I know others don't. So a server side option to turn it off would be nice for those who don't like it would be best.

Upvote 0
I will say the same here as I said on the Steam forums.

It's absolutely perfect the way it is. It's so satisfying to blow off some heads in slow motion. Don't understand why anyone wouldn't like it.

everybody has to complane about something. i can only remeber when i was in the steam group for KF during the launch.. it was a liveing hell and everybody was *****ing about everything.

i will agree however on the Server haveing the option but i person love Zedtime as everybody else has said its really cool and i love blowing **** to hell during zedtime

Upvote 0
I would like to make it clear ZED time definitely serves a function, but it occurs far to frequently especially with the higher levels of Beserker + Commando. When there are a few of these on your team you will understand.

The computer algorithms need to increase the downtime inbetween each ZED event. For example, I was in a game earlier today where ZED time occurred 4 times in a row.

Upvote 0
I don't understand all of the hate on ZED time. It's awesome no matter what you're doing. It turns the simplest of things into a scene from a john woo movie minus the flying doves. It makes everything that much more epic, like when it happens as a shotty is discharging a shell and kicking back, or firing the hand cannons. I don't need it to serve some strategic purpose to enjoy it. That's not why I bought the game.

And if they add an option to turn off ZED time, they need to add a filter to sort those servers out so those of us who aren't so uppity about it not serving a purpose can still have our childish meaningless fun while the others can go act all super serious and find something else to ***** about.

Upvote 0
The problem with people saying it's not helpful is the fact it is meant to be random, while you do benefit something from it.

One example is that let's say you are a berserker. You try to fend off some random mob and you get bit of pricktrouble beyond repair as some gorefasts appeared behind you and realize it when you're getting pretty much buttraped, but just as you get the first hit and you managed to kill a clot\something to activate ZED-time, gives me time to turn (you can turn very very fast when ZED-time kicks in) and start slashing one of them and move away. Now, killing the gorefast extends ZED-time (Berserk lvl2) and I finish the other one off before anything too major happens and get back to safety. If it were not for ZED-time, I'd be gone by the time I realized there's three gorefasts on my arse.

While yes, due it's random nature ZED-time feels somewhat useless, but if players were given full control of it it'd as retarded as "nuke every enemy" button. Having the option to disable it wouldn't hurt though, but calling it useless is pretty much insulting. It might feel that way, but when you get saved from three gorefasts, one flesh pound and several crawlers (or whatever those ugly black things are) in ten games, you'll begin to appreciate it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ZED time not only helps me to count how many enemy's are in my vicinity, but to help assess and neutralize them from biggest threat to simple annoyance.

Also headshots and mass explosions just look sweet as, and i think ZED time gives you more chance to pull of a critical headshot Tbh.

Why you don 't like it is beyond me... Does anyone else get the urge to jump when in ZED and nothing is around you? :p

Upvote 0
I would like to make it clear ZED time definitely serves a function, but it occurs far to frequently especially with the higher levels of Beserker + Commando. When there are a few of these on your team you will understand.

The computer algorithms need to increase the downtime inbetween each ZED event. For example, I was in a game earlier today where ZED time occurred 4 times in a row.

Agreed. Happens way too often.

Upvote 0
I don't think you understand, ZED time isn't supposed to offer an advantage. Its just there to look cool when you blast some ones head off and they go back flipping away from you. It is however useful when your in a pickle and you need to pick your priority targets out of a crowd, other than that it servers its purpose fully. Making those head shots look frikken sweet.

Upvote 0
So let me first say that ZED Time should be server optional.

In a high stress game like KF, a little 3 second slo-mo every 2-5 minutes is a welcome breather. Not only does it let you wipe the sweat away, it lets you experience a shellshock-esque view of the battlefield. Have you seen the details of the guns firing? Its amazing. If you cannot understand the complications went into making these guns look awesome, you need to GTFO. If you cannot love the detail placed into this game and the fact they let you enjoy it, GTFO.

But thats just the beauty and breather side of it. The strategic value is immense. If I'm reloading, I do a quick pirouette and check my back. If I'm aiming, I can line it up for that headshot that may take down the FleshPound. If I'm just shooting, I get to watch the beauty of the shells ripping out of my gun and the faces of the specimens rearing rip my throat out.

Saying its useless is like saying Slo-mo in FEAR is useless or having time to aim is useless. If thats useless, you must be useless to your allies. And how selfish are you to say "It only happens when I'm not facing my enemies" or "I'm reloading". Didn't think your allies could have used it? Don't think someone on your team appreciates it? Tell you what, keep going through life as closed minded as you are and have fun sucking balls.

To everyone else who can think of more than 1 use for an item, go far and have fun.

Upvote 0
There was a thread about providing options for some servers to turn off ZEDtime. I understand how some people find it annoying, but I think an option is a much more acceptable conclusion than getting rid of it completely.

I think it is very useful when I play. It gives me extra control on my aiming especially in panic moments, and I happen to think it just looks friggin' cool.

So my opinion stays the same as the other thread:
Turn off option for some servers = Yes
Completely remove from game = no

I agree with having to keep it in the game... it is one of the few things that attracted certain players. *Who doesn't like bullet time/slo mo? People that can't concentrate while its going on* Ridding of it completely would be utterly thoughtless tho. Good point ^

Upvote 0
I agree with Roy, while it looks cool but it's totally useless. The fact that it slows everyone including yourself to a snails pace I really don't see what the benefit of it is. If you were able to aim or move at something approaching normal speed during it then it would be useful.

I disagree hootsmun, I play beserker alot and find it invaluble. Being a beserker I usually surrund 360 by zombies and that zed time gives me enough time to focus on killing the few right and front of me and snapping my ultra high sense mouse around and killing the stalkers on my behind.

Upvote 0
I tend to find it rather useless because the duration of the effect is too short. Although I can't speak for multiplayer games (my internet is misbehaving lately) when it can be triggered by other people and as such offer a genuine advantage for lining up a shot, in solo mode all I get treated to is an admittedly beautiful slow-mo view of my gun waving around in front of my face with the sights way off target, making attempting to use this opportunity to aim at anything fruitless. The end of the effect always seems to exactly coincide with the gun actually coming back down into sighting alignment again.

The result is that the effect is more frustrating than relaxing, finding myself unable to actually take advantage of the bullet-time. Maybe I just need higher level perks (or to stop using the Desert Eagle/Crossbow) or I'm missing the cinematic point of the effect, but I've played too much Max Payne to see bullet time as anything other than an aid to aiming.

Upvote 0
i almost always quit a server when i see there is a berserker. 90% of my time in the game in that case is running down an empty hall in slow motion raging. sure it can be ok once in a while, but with berserkers making it happen ALL THE TIME it gets EXTREMELY annoying.

EDIT: didnt mean to revive an old thread, just googled annoying zed time and this is what came up lol

Upvote 0