• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Would you want a Killing Floor 2?

Would you want a Killing Floor 2?

• Total voters
Better graphics and that's it. KF had perfect balance. Heavy Metal worked. Adding the husk and demo class was great. Unlimited pipe bombs, m14, scar, launched grenades and pipe bombs not damaging doors, and repairable armor has thrown the balance off.

Good gameplay and balance is a very tricky thing to get.
I don't think the scar and repairable armor are all that gamebreaking. the rest are contributing to some imbalance though.

Upvote 0
I don't think the scar and repairable armor are all that gamebreaking. the rest are contributing to some imbalance though.

Let me rephrase that. The scar doesn't but the repairable armor does. Making a player choose between spending 300 or riding out the next wave with 70% armor is a game changer. Plus it reduces the insane amount of free cash in the game.

Reactions: the 1st wasted
Upvote 0
Why not a realistic zombie shooter? ;)
Because the skill levels would be Beginner, Beginner, Beginner, and Beginner. :(

I want a next KF to be about either hellspawn or robots.

EDIT: That said, and to go against what I said in my last reply, it would be nice to see a project where the engine is rewritten - tbh it really feels kinda buggy the way it is now. :/

Would also be a nice way to add stuff that in hindsight would've been much better off as a starting assumption (being able to choose male or female player models, or add custom skins without replacing existing ones, or add custom zeds and weapons) and reboot the game's power balance and have an excuse to undo the stuff that was introduced out of arms-race feature creep.

EDIT2: A total reboot would also, of course, create room for gunslinger, ninja and brawler (see my signature) perks. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
compared to L4D or crysis, its relatively retro
Ah, okay.

(The sudden minor aneurysm I felt at reading the name "Crysis" reminds me that I've had talk of advanced graphics be an instant trigger for my disinterest in a game since I was little and very much on the Nintendo side of the NES/Genesis console marketing wars... if a graphical improvement doesn't obviously affect the interface to make the game fun, I start caring less until I could care less no more.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0