• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Guide to Headshots with pictures.

Hello everyone, i've seen that someone people has been asking recently for headshot mappings of the headshot hit-box of all the zombies of killing floor with a visual. So I decided to make this little thread with in-game screenshot toke by myself, showing where to shoot to gives the awsome head-poping blood everywhere effect that everyone likes:D. Note that I toke those screenshot with information that I based on this forum and ingame personal experience and testing. Note that I was using sharpshooter perk 5 with handcannons and a crossbow. Also sorry for english mistakes aint no grammar teacher. If you wanna correct me or feel that you have something else to adds in, feel free to post below.

Now lets start with the Clot. Right between his eyes or lower mouth is where you wanna aim for, but be carefull not to aim too high (forehead) as you will miss it and youll be able to see his limbo skillz.
clotheadshot1.jpg

Next is the Gorefast, one of the most tricky of all because of his unusual jaw. You need to aim on right side of the jaw, but once again beware to not aim too high on the forehead as he is another hell of a limbo pro. I found out that the height level of his eyes is pretty good, you can aim a bit more higer too, or lower, almost to his neck level.
gorefastheadshot1.jpg
gorefastheadshot2.jpg

Bloat next, you have to be carefull with this one as aiming too high leads to him blowing up and throwing acid all over the place, I found out that aiming in his mouth, almost neck, can makes him head pop and then you can watch him bleed out, always fun to do.
bloatheadshot1.jpg

Little Crawler, headshoting him is really simple, theres no real hit-box as his head is so small that hitting it will always lead into a critical. My advice for those is to crouch, and use your flashlight.

crawlerheadshot2.jpg

For the Stalker, aiming low is the key, same for the crawler my advice is to crouch and use your flashlight to really identify where her head is and then a shoot in the middle of that weird *** invisible head should do the trickz.
stalkerheadshot1.jpg

Skrake, Updated check out page two for better info thanks to ebongrayprince.
scrakeheadshot1.jpg

Last but not least, Flesh Pounder! If you know where to shoot, he can easily be soloed on normal and even hard ( if you have some space ). With 2 or 3 well placed shoots from the crossbow and your dual handcannons, hes gonna become much less intimidating. With some test I realised that, like the Clot you must not aim too high on his forehead, firing in his ugly mouth works perfectly well.
fleshpounderheadshot1.jpg

Here you go, just remember that the best advice I can give you is, take time to aim.

Last edited:
Useless to make this ...

the term is self-explanatory .... have you ever tried shooting the head?

I couldn't disagree more. If you're not a noob then you'd realize that there are sweet spots you have to hit to get a headshot. Then again you're probably just running around getting headshots with a shotgun, thinking it's easier than cake... For sharpshooters, this is a great guide, so thank you Fromage.

Upvote 0
Tripwire folks, if you see this, please realize how ridiculous the Gorefast hit box is at the moment and correct it? Raising the Skrakes' from his neck up to his actual head would be nice as well...

Gorefasts are one of the reasons I seldom play Sharpshooter these days: Nothing like seeing the stupid things do the limbo when I hit 'em between the eyes and seeing thier heads pop off when I clearly hit a shoulder...

Upvote 0
Tripwire folks, if you see this, please realize how ridiculous the Gorefast hit box is at the moment and correct it? Raising the Skrakes' from his neck up to his actual head would be nice as well...

Gorefasts are one of the reasons I seldom play Sharpshooter these days: Nothing like seeing the stupid things do the limbo when I hit 'em between the eyes and seeing thier heads pop off when I clearly hit a shoulder...

haha so true. They made scrakes just as hard as fleshpounds too which is extremely gay.

Upvote 0
haha so true. They made scrakes just as hard as fleshpounds too which is extremely gay.

At least they leave you alone until they have taken enough damage. By putting enough distance between you and it they are pretty easy to drop. While you are taking them down towards their enraging health, make sure you damage it with a non-primary weapon (9mm or similar) as you WILL want to switch to your primary which is fully loaded when it decides to charge at you. You do NOT want to have to start reloading after first 2 shots when it starts charging towards you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well - as a sharpshooter - you could just go up to the scrake, melee style, and shoot it in the head with your hand cannon until it dies ;)

(then again, i do that with fleshpounds too - but that only take one shot at the correct moment which can be a bit tricky at times. Ohh, and you would need enough space and health to survive the five seconds while it bleeds out).

Upvote 0
(then again, i do that with fleshpounds too - but that only take one shot at the correct moment which can be a bit tricky at times. Ohh, and you would need enough space and health to survive the five seconds while it bleeds out).

You can hit the weak spot of the fleshpounds and one shot him with any weapon but its pretty dangerous and very easy to miss. You need to hit him somewhere around his eyes when hes about to bite you and hit you with his two arms so he lower his head to your level.

Upvote 0
It's dumb, really. You have to aim at the upper-right side of his neck... I get more 'headshots' from accidental shoulder-hits than I do from legit aiming on them...

I seem to gain most headshots when I aim just over the shoulder and past the head of Gorefasts... not sure why. A bit silly to see the hitbox for headshot goes outside the actual specimen model. :D

Upvote 0