• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tips & Tricks for Beginners Video.

Mr.Nicklebe

Sep 12, 2011
Hey guys, long time Red Orchestra player here!

We all know how unforgiving Red Orchestra can be and is especially tough on entry level players. So I've made a quick video to help these beginners out. The video contains my personal top 5 most important tips and tricks that could help players survive and be hopefully a more efficient soldier on the battlefield!

Red Orchestra 2 - Top 5 Tips & Tricks for Beginners [HD 720] - YouTube

Anyways I know most of the people on this forum are probably not beginners but I thought I'd post it just in case anyone is looking for help here.

Let me know what you think! :)

When I first started playing this I though it was a FPGKS (First Person Getting Killed Simulator), but you really have to adjust your play-style coming from the likes of COD and BF.

I have to say I much prefer it :)

Funny how us RO players have been banging on about how RO gameplay is far superiour to Bf and CoD...but none of you listened.

It is great that it seems some many new players coming from those games enjoy it....as it seems it's them who are praising it to high heaven and the old players of RO having complaints...one reason is that the gameplay you are all falling for is old hat to RO players...we had the same feeling when we first tried RO, but it isn't new to us anymore. Give it a few years you will be wanting what alot of old RO players wnated.

Upvote 0
Funny how us RO players have been banging on about how RO gameplay is far superiour to Bf and CoD...but none of you listened.

It is great that it seems some many new players coming from those games enjoy it....as it seems it's them who are praising it to high heaven and the old players of RO having complaints...one reason is that the gameplay you are all falling for is old hat to RO players...we had the same feeling when we first tried RO, but it isn't new to us anymore. Give it a few years you will be wanting what alot of old RO players wnated.

Actually I tried ROost and although I liked it, it always felt like a mod and was clunky. RO2 Takes what I liked about the Idea of ROost but implements it in a better way IMHO, so the end result feels like the game / controls are getting in your way less.

By the same token, I think a lot of the ROost Vets that are having a hard time with RO2 is because the things you were used to and were comfortable with, have changed slightly.

Reactions: Makino
Upvote 0
I only have a few tips for beginners
1. Identification

Axis wear helmets, Russians wear hats(usually, learn the exceptions as well)
Axis run with the gun in one hand, Russians run with the gun in two hands
Axis is darkish green, Russians are slightly beige or yellowish.

2. When running away or towards the enemy, unpredictable zigzagging is a great way to prevent most rifle users from hitting you.

3. When behind a low ledge, you can peek up by pressing w. However instead of readying your gun press shift to zoom in while exposing less of yourself. When you see an enemy, only then ready the gun because it's quite fast to do so.

4. Hold Melee to increase it's strength

Upvote 0
One tip I would give, perhaps try Firefight mode 1st and pick a server that's not so busy.

These 64 player servers can be great fun, but they can also be very busy and you really have scan your surroundings constantly.

Get your skills up on a quieter server, pick a FF server with ~ 16 players or so. Should be slightly less intense and you should last longer.

Upvote 0
Nice video. Good tips for staying alive in this game.

Perhaps this is what is needed to help concerns about "unbalanced-unlocks"....this game is not like any of the others I have ever played. It must be played as a team. I know I play better with a few friends together and not alone.
Good tactics can overcome (better) weapons. Its like race car driving. A better driver with an average car will beat an average driver with a better car.

BTW, I dislike an "unlock system" that is used to create the need to play the game longer to find these gifts,like other games we know and love.

Upvote 0