• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Summer Update Sneak Preview

If someone knows how to angle they probably won't die on the new map. Ever.
Angling isn't too useful when about ten tanks are firing at you from a couple of thousand meters away from multiple angles. That and half the time on this map you don't even know someone is shooting at you until thier shell rips through your hull since they fired at you from a mile away :)

Let's say a Tiger is angled against most of the enemy tanks while able to hold off the others flanking at a mile's range. The T34-76s need only to switch to HE fire which will never deflect and always cause some level of damage on impact. If there are 8 T34s or so shooting HE, they can knock out the Tiger in a single volley. ... it's not just for infantry ;)

It's a wonder that TWI still keeps releasing booster packs while working more and more on their Game 2. I sure got my $20 worth. :)

Upvote 0
hmmm distant sound will be even more awesome on a 2km+ view range. you can see the projectile coming but hear the shooting sounds only after 5-6 secs ....
I'm still waiting for this "feature" since mod days...
This and the supersonic bullet crack could increase a lot the atmosphere of a battle in RO (plus it will be the first game iirc that implement such things.)

anyway gg TWI

Upvote 0
I don't know what is fun when everybody is rushing with smg..

its more fun than being forced to take the same bolt action in every battle isn't it?

and, the numbers are already limited and depends on each map, the mapper designs is to be played in a full server and he decides if he has to go with balance or realism (and in RL, entire soviet squads were equiped with smgs, so that is realistic too)

being forced, pisses me off, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, I want choice

Upvote 0
and, the numbers are already limited and depends on each map, the mapper designs is to be played in a full server and he decides if he has to go with balance or realism (and in RL, entire soviet squads were equiped with smgs, so that is realistic too)

Exactly, so what for still doubling roles that nobody is rifleman when on for example Konigsplatz is enough smg, something like 7-8 (?). And yes soviets had squads with only smgs and in those smg squads there wasn't any rifle. So till there are rifleman role on map it means that on this map soviet unit isn't smg so there should be limited smg. I'm repeating again, I'm not complaining to unrealistic german roles like it's on for example Basovka (5 smg) beacuse this is only a game, it's not so bad. But 12 smg, 2-4 semi auto rifles and only 3 rifles, come on...
I think realistic german role amount is only on map Kaukasus.

Upvote 0
Angling isn't too useful when about ten tanks are firing at you from a couple of thousand meters away from multiple angles. That and half the time on this map you don't even know someone is shooting at you until thier shell rips through your hull since they fired at you from a mile away :)
-Mumbles something about how sadly true this is. Sad for Zips at least...- >_>

:)

Upvote 0
Ahh Zips, one of my many wonderful victi... I mean targets. Right up their with Cooney and Xienen hehehe.

But yes, as Ramm has stated there are several ways to play this map. As a Russian I have led a sneak blitz where we let a large majority of the German force roll past and then capped behind them and rushed forward. Caught them with their pants down hehe. As a German I have been part of a rolling attack with the Tiger at the center pounding the Russians into oblivion and moving up to the next vantage point to do it again. And those are not the only two styles of play for each team.

Upvote 0
Ahh Zips, one of my many wonderful victi... I mean targets. Right up their with Cooney and Xienen hehehe.
Just a case of picking on the noobs. (Can't believe I just grouped Cooney and Xienen in with me in the "noob" category :D)

But yes, as Ramm has stated there are several ways to play this map. As a Russian I have led a sneak blitz where we let a large majority of the German force roll past and then capped behind them and rushed forward. Caught them with their pants down hehe. As a German I have been part of a rolling attack with the Tiger at the center pounding the Russians into oblivion and moving up to the next vantage point to do it again. And those are not the only two styles of play for each team.
Please, there are some of us trying to push that blitz out of our minds!

Upvote 0
Yoshi still hasn't got that [arty: call{function=1} on: Putz] working.

rawr.

@ Yoshi :New title "Su76 King". I swear to all that is heavenly, with an Su76, a tankfull of HE shells, and/or a Tiger at 2000m, Yoshi will win.

@ Koba: HE barrages with a crapload of T34s and SU76s is one sweet sound. The flight-distance is so much, you have time to pop out the hatch, raise your binocs and watch your round for the 2nd half of flight.

Upvote 0