• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Medic Shotgun?

Nope hate it....
I am a sharp shooter at heart but poor internet connection glues me to support class the very use of the shot gun is the only thing going for people in support we take out crowds from mid range and the big guys at close range.... support like any other class needs to have its specific and lone standing use if you give another class a shot gun then that kinda takes away from it...
It doesn't quite work like that.
I realize that it uses commando'esq weapons of the Smg but does not need to change or add any other weapon styles to the mix...
But to Commando class, the very use of the rapid fire weapons is the only thing going for people in Commando. We take out crowds from mid range and the big guys at close range.... Commando like any other class needs to have its specific and lone standing use. If you give another class a rapid fire weapon then that kinda takes away from it...

Wait, hold on, I'm talking bollocks; Commando wasn't ruined at all by the MP7! My bad. :troll:
though perhaps a dart like gun that shoots little anti- specimen darts... use a similar function to the cross bow only make it a blow gun... probably do the same damage as the cross bow... find a couple other ways to balance it
Though I prefer the sharpshooter the cross bow does not make up the entire class pretty much the m14 does
Where as support all we got is shot guns pretty much 2, 8, 20 is the way it goes for us
You can't give the Medic a weapon similar to crossbow, that would totally take away from the Sharpshooter. And that's your favourite perk! We can't have that, can we...

The MP7 for my From Down Below mod lacks a dart shooter and the buttstock is pushed like in HL2 and it's just as powerful and accurate.
Uh, what?

Most of the medic players I see, go Hunting Shotgun on HoE and Crossbow or M79 on easier difficulties. I don't see a point of giving him a special shotgun but well... KF sure needs new weapons.
If you don't see the point in the Medic having a shotgun, why do most Medics pick a Hunting Shotgun? He could be carrying a Medic Shotgun and an M79.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sammers said:
Wait, hold on, I'm talking bollocks; Commando wasn't ruined at all by the MP7! My bad. :troll:

The MP7M has drawbacks to make it less useful compared to the Bullpup:
-Insane recoil coupled with high firerate
-Low damage
-Low clipsize and long reload

So a medic shotgun would probably have these disadvantages:
-Low damage and pellet count
-High spread

And as I stated before, maybe a different healing alt-fire? Having thought a little about a shotgun-style healing spray, it would make it easier to heal moving teammates.

Upvote 0
SAMMERS: You can't give the Medic a weapon similar to crossbow, that would totally take away from the Sharpshooter. And that's your favourite perk! We can't have that, can we...

Then you can't give the medic a shot gun either that'd take away from the support class and we can't have that either can we....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe it's just me who misunderstood the suggestion but the first thing I thought of, was a shotgun which could alternatively shoot med-shell, which upon fireing shoots a ****load of healing needles to crowd heal. xD

lolol .. wait .. i like this idea XD

it would be a nice idea to use on those twitchy players that wont stop moving. but ruin long range healing (which sucks anyway)

Upvote 0
Then you can't give the medic a shot gun either that'd take away from the support class and we can't have that either can we....

We herd u liek sarcasm so we put sarcasm in ur posts so u can be sarcastic while u post.

If well balanced a Medic shotgun won't detract from Support at all because it won't be nearly as good as playing Support. Anyway, that's like saying "only Support should be able to use Shotguns because using a Shotgun off-perk is taking away from Support". No one ever complained of the 1014 XBow 'taking away from the Sharpshooter' even though every non-Sharpshooter used it. And his/her wee doggie too.

Upvote 0
I think that people defending the support class don't realize something - if u play a support and someone else is a medic, then you have a significant damage increase from ur shotty due to ur perk. The medic shotty could be the same semi-auto base shotgun in the game now and not really encroach upon the support class. Now i think that wider spread would be good, and clip size reduction is acceptable, since the whole idea is to be able to clear out clots around urself or a ally to dart/syringe them. But saying that support would be at a disadvantage isn't really an argument. Thats like saying a commando shouldn't carry a shotgun because then he has a shotgun - if the perks don't affect it (in the same way as support) then the strategy and uses of the weapon are entirely different.

Upvote 0
SAMMERS: You can't give the Medic a weapon similar to crossbow, that would totally take away from the Sharpshooter. And that's your favourite perk! We can't have that, can we...

Hahahah, you totally missed the point. I copied what you said in an effort to make you realise how silly I thought it was. :) You're the one who told me I couldn't have a shotgun, but suggested an Xbow, which according to you, would take away from another perk. So we can either accept that they're both valid ideas, or that they're both terrible ideas; but then, look how many people like the idea of a Medic Shotgun.

stuff about support
Yeah man, Medic wouldn't get any damage bonus for it, the same way they don't get damage bonus for the MP7. No penetration bonus either, making it a very last-minute weapon. Nowhere near as good as Support is.

So a medic shotgun would probably have these disadvantages:
-Low damage and pellet count
-High spread
Exactly how I'd have it.

And as I stated before, maybe a different healing alt-fire? Having thought a little about a shotgun-style healing spray, it would make it easier to heal moving teammates.
Could just put another syringe on it, so the MP7 has the ranged advantage, but the Medic Shotgun would be a sort of Tier 2 upgrade to the regular syringe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
I really love this idea, except I'd kinda rather Ithaca M37 Western Custom
KTW-SPGN-ISAKAM37SO_1_mark.jpg

If well ballanced, I'd even go for dual wielding this :D

Last edited:
Reactions: timur
Upvote 0
I originally considered a sawn-off Remington 870, but then I realised that with a tactical looking medic attachment, it would probably look odd with the wood finish etc, so I opted for the Serbu Shorty for a more tactical look(not so much preference, but how it fit well with the design concept). They're all pretty pimping shotguns though I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
A A.O.E. stun gun would serve the same purpose. Stuns zeds and those in close proximity for about 1 second giving light d.o.t. effect. With the medics speed a full second is more than enough time to create distance. Combos well with the team giving them a opportunity to clean up. Plus a electrical damage effect would look sweet in-game. It's unique and fits the defensive nature of a medic better than a shotgun. My opinion.

edit for clarification:
Not a grenade launcher, a plain stun gun with a lot of extra volts. The area effect would center around the targeted zed, then spread to enemies in close proximity of the target. Then the gun would have to be reloaded AND recharged to fire again. Stunning a group of enemies with one shot would be too precious to waste on a non-critical event. The medic with this stun gun may even become integral in taking out fps simply by providing a second extra to take that last shot. Raging scrakes and flesh pounds would be immune, but not before the rage. Shot would have a max range of 5 meters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Since the Christmas event and its weakened crossbow, I like the idea of a new weapon for the Medic. Before, I used to pick other perk weapons, to help my teammates when things go bad. Because sometimes zeds had to be killed, before I can heal my team. A larger healing spread weapon, but less powerful than MP7 could be a great second choice.

Medic is the last perk with only one weapon...

it would be a nice idea to use on those twitchy players that wont stop moving. but ruin long range healing (which sucks anyway)
I agree with that. It's very frustrating to fail healing people just because they move a little, and finally go by foot and inject them their ****ing dose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with nonostanovitch and Blackfire about the heal darts - i rarely see anyone who manages to heal with just one dart - they always seem to miss. The shotty needle spread would work... But i would think that it would be almost as hard to aim - 5 or 6 needles in a spread can miss easy. I prefer a heal nade thats as strong as the darts but you only get one - and i've heard of fear nades going around, so the medic shottys heal nade should be slower charging and have only one shot, but it ought to fire a gas nade that heals and scares away specimens to give a player a break, like when they're getting clot/crawler swarmed. The effect would only have to last 3 seconds or so.

Upvote 0