• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Firebug Melee weapon

Krieg Jaeger

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 21, 2009
Just want the short and sweet? Head to the bottom.

Considering the recent firebug changes, I've found myself rather elated again to be the "heavy weapons guy" for the team, mowing down the lesser specimens and even taking a chunk out of the larger ones when needed.

And while the new napalm smell hasn't quite worn off, I know it's going to become tiresome to have the flamethrower, and only just, eventually. Don't get me wrong, the new way the ammo is consumed, and the additional ammo is an amazing godsend...but hows about a melee weapon? I came up with a wee idea myself..

The short and sweet.

The wielding gun
Low damage, insane "firing"/Hit rate, low damage, lights the buggers on fire. Far less than the chainsaw and no stun, but a good chance for dismemberment and lights targets up for a wee bit-o damage over time. Possible? It might be somewhat unfair for firebugs to have a secondary use for their tool...but then, they are the only class (soon to be) with only a single weapon and purpose, tied to said weapon.

Have the damage incrase incrementally from level 3, when the wielder becomes weaponised.

Last edited: