• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Have you ever seen a buggier release?

Hands down its E.T. I got it for xmas at 7 years old even as a youngen new to video games I was like wtf santa!! it was not only buggy it was the Worst game of all time and singlehandedly ruined atari millions of copies of this game was buried in the desert lol.

The Worst Game Of All Time: ET - YouTube

I got that right around the same age.... took me forever to figure out wtf you're supposed to do in it but wasn't too bad. For an Atari game, it sure was complicated for a wee lad.

Has anybody mentioned Half-Life 1?

I got into the game a year after its release so I wasn't there 1st hand to know exactly what went down on release, but it was pretty buggy a year later and they were continually patching it and their mods constantly for one thing or another.... sometimes a patch would fix a number of issues but then create 2 more.... then they'd patch again and all hell would break loose, people would crash, things wouldn't work, people raging in forums, etc..... then another patch would come out a day or two later to fix that.

This went on for like a year or so after HL2 was released.

Which reminds me, was anybody paying attention to the crap going around before, during and after HL2 was released?

Anybody remember how long that game was delayed?

It was one huge cluster-puff, yet the game was still very popular, sold piles of copies and Valve did pretty well for themselves overall..... as I suspect Tripwire will do shortly.

I usually always avoid buying a game as soon as it is released, simply because I know full well that every game is glitchy and crappy at the start. I rather prefer to let other people go through the problems and issues first before I join in.

RO2 is the first game I ever decided to pre-order, let alone get the first day it was available and I don't regret it one bit.

It works fine for me and the minor issues I do encounter, I accept because I knew full well what I was getting into when buying a game & playing it the same day it is officially released...... as well as playing the beta.

I knew it would be like this, which is why I avoid buying games right off the bat..... but I wanted RO2 for a long time, it was on my wishlist and to be perfectly honest, I have zero regrets for going against my normal thinking of new releases and risking a glitchy game.

Overall, considering the condition of the game during beta and during release so far, I'm impressed with what Trip has accomplished and it will only get better as new patches, new content, new maps, new weapons and new mods become available.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They fixed it?

All I saw them do was nerf the good stuff .. and amp the OP stuff -

Sure a few optimizations made buggy maps run a bit better...

However - IMO they broke it more and more, by never addressing the issues that it had.

Oh but they did not hesitate in releasing over priced DLC further destroying the community- But why would Activision care about that when they pump out bland COD's every 8 months.

Black Ops? Where do I start? They never provided dedicated servers to alleviate the horrible latency problems, and if I said they never fixed their broken spawn system, I'd be too kind, because they never bothered to put in an actuall spawn "system." Just minor patches here and there nerfing or bringing up weapon and perk strengths to keep the lemmings from revolting before buying the next release.

Upvote 0
I'm mostly just pissed because it is playable but it's very unenjoyable with the random frame rate lags, added to the fact it's a frustrating game to learn and none of the stat tracking seems to be working, and I still don't understand how the game modes actually determine victory.

But most of all I'm pissed that I'm falling behind everyone, i wanted to get good at this game but I'm just not going to play it until it's fixed for me which probably will at least be weeks. BF3 beta will be out before this game is fixed almost definitely.

Plus there are a lot of issues I know won't be fixed, like when you play a round twice you don't switch factions you just stay on the same side and play the round a second time. the game is fun but there is no enjoyment in your team winning because it doesn't really mean anything the way they have it set up.

Upvote 0
Yes, Front Page Sports Football '99. That was so bad Sierra did a recall and offered people their money back. This game is at least fun when it is working, but it certainly wasn't ready to be released.

And to think, FP Sports Football was once superior to Madden ... oh, the coaching options, and calling a game as coach in FPS Football was awesome ... then it broke.

Upvote 0
I was smirking to myself going through that, but I busted out laughing at the big, triumphant "FIXED!" at the bottom of the page, and half the stuff on there is marked as "CAN'T BE FIXED".

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

I can't agree. I'd play that game on a desert island forever before I'd fire up a COD title once. Hopefully, RO2 gets finished quickly so we don't have to think about those two series at all ...

Upvote 0
Gothic III. Probably one of the most buggy, rushed and unpolished games ever, when it was released.
The standalone add-on for it, Gothic III: Forsaken Gods, is even worse.
Now with the community fixes is a fully playable game, at least Gothic III.

So, don't bother with minor bugs, it's not something that can't be fixed. If the Gothic community could fix Gothic III for free, I can't see why TWI would patch this minor inconveniencies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0