• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ANY NEWS FROM 1C Event in Prague

Didn't that battle occur during the winter, though? I guess I can't tell if that's snow. I don't think so -- too brown.

It's a known fact that Russian snow during this battle decided to turn brown as to trick the Germans into believing it was summer, thus freezing to death.

Upvote 0

Didn't that battle occur during the winter, though? I guess I can't tell if that's snow. I don't think so -- too brown.

Yes, of course Pavlov - the whole of 9 January Square, in fact. For the record, Guards Sergeant Jakov Fedotovich Pavlov led a small scout group into the house on the night of 27/28 September. He was still there by the time the first snow fell - the second week of November, from memory. He was part of the group that attacked OUT of there on 25 November, when there finally WAS snow lying on the ground.

So, no, the main fighting around 9 January Square happened in the late Summer and Fall. Yah-boo-sucks.

Upvote 0
Yes, of course Pavlov - the whole of 9 January Square, in fact. For the record, Guards Sergeant Jakov Fedotovich Pavlov led a small scout group into the house on the night of 27/28 September. He was still there by the time the first snow fell - the second week of November, from memory. He was part of the group that attacked OUT of there on 25 November, when there finally WAS snow lying on the ground.

So, no, the main fighting around 9 January Square happened in the late Summer and Fall. Yah-boo-sucks.

But we know from all movies, that Russia is always covered in snow. Have you ever seen Moscow in films without snow?

It's just like Winterfell.

Upvote 0
Amazing screens!!!

I feel like the colours are much more natural and nuanced (is that english?) and the lighting effects really improved.

edit: I just have to tell you how glad I am that TWI didn't rush this game. It looks more awesome than I could have hoped for (yes, super-enthousiastic right now. With good cause)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Those screenshots are all from in-game? They're not posed or staged or anything, right? For example, http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/11/june/stalingrad/1.jpg the guy on the right with the classic back-against-the-wall cover position, that's the cover system at work, yeah? How is that going to look in first person, is the player going to be looking to the side at the other player on the left or what?

Also http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/11/june/stalingrad/9.jpg commander/squad leader gesturing to the guys behind him, is that an AI animation or will players in-game actually carry out animations like that, where they look to the side or behind them or whatever?

Upvote 0

Ah well this is further proof why I need to find THE best books about Stalingrad and read them all.

Care to PM me some suggestions? (I am aware of some, but I'd like your opinion as a historian and someone who has probably read them all ;))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Wow thanks, I'm not sure how I missed that!

Because I put it up in response to your request, perhaps :) ?

And articles now expected from the Prague event:

Eurogamer - preview
Strategy Informer - preview
Rock Paper Shotgun (preview, not just the screenies)

Upvote 0