• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mutator Grey and White List

Allright we balanced the FN Fal so that it's just like the Scar but without the full auto Function. It also weights more but has a better scope and costs 2150 pounds.

IJC Weapnpack for whitelisting

Source code:

http://www.ijcdevelopment.de/IJCWP/SourceCode.rar

IJC Weapnpack White V1:

http://www.ijcdevelopment.de/IJCWP/IJCWP-White1.rar

The Pack includes:

MK23, M99, M7A3-Medic Rifle and the FN Fal.

All the weapons should be balanced and the community and us spent about 1 year on balancing these weapons.

The Fal is new but should be balanced too as it now is a Scar with less Max Damage and less DPS. It just has an Acog Scope.

The Mk23 Dualies still have that trader bug but we can't fix it, as it's hardcoded. We will remove them if they would hinder the pack from getting whitelisted.

Thank you for your time!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can somebody tell me the reason for which, it is impossible to make all the mutators that are not in the white list, there were a default in the gray list? I think that this action will refresh the game only for people who have already reached the maximum level and want to have fun, as well as the level of throughput is not affected, then the rest will have a choice: either play a standard, or with mutators, but without progress.

Don't quote me on this, I'm just guessing:

If a mutator is white or grey listed then the game server will allow the players to connect to steam to interact with their stats. If a mutator isn't, then it can't establish a connection with the steam stats server. Now one could easily make a mutator that just instantly gives enough stats to be level 6 everything -> but for that to work the mutator needs to be able to access the Steam stats server. Hence why they don't just flat out allow every mutator a connection to the Steam stats server.

Upvote 0
The damage values of the Barrett M99 have been changed to make this weapon easier to whitelist, as we couldn't add a FP resistence.
It should be balanced as you only can carry the M99 and a Machete.

A fleshpound needs 3 headshots to decap now. (perked 6 man HOE)
A scrake 1 headshot and 1 shot from the 9mm to decap it. (perked 6man HOE)

The download link still is the same but the files have ben overwritten.

Reactions: Aze and -=Ivan=-
Upvote 0
Also I would suggest perhaps a look into White-listing with a bit of balance to the weapon. However, I have a gut feeling if given to the Sharp-Shooter it may become overpowered.

Yeah might have to look into that one, its extremely powerful but i havent tried it on Suicidal/HoE so cant say wether its fearly balanced or not, only tried it on Normal and every weapon is pretty powerful there.

It could cost a lot more at least, only 500 atm. Could be easilly as much as 1000.

Upvote 0
While appreciated how much you'd like my work to be listed would you mind allowing me to submit it myself. :p

That being said, I have absolutely no interest in making this weapon balanced. IMO Balanced doesn't always mean fun. I released the assets so people could make a balanced version if they wished. My version still has some updates to come out before I'm happy it's 'finished'.

The Medic Shotgun on the other hand. I'll consider for submitting for white listing once it's been fixed of bugs.

Upvote 0
The damage values of the Barrett M99 have been changed to make this weapon easier to whitelist, as we couldn't add a FP resistence.
It should be balanced as you only can carry the M99 and a Machete.

A fleshpound needs 3 headshots to decap now. (perked 6 man HOE)
A scrake 1 headshot and 1 shot from the 9mm to decap it. (perked 6man HOE)

The download link still is the same but the files have ben overwritten.

What a shame :/
Are you sure you couldn't leave it as it was and ask TWI to add the 40% resistance? I worked my *** off to try and find the right numbers for that one :(

Upvote 0
What a shame :/
Are you sure you couldn't leave it as it was and ask TWI to add the 40% resistance? I worked my *** off to try and find the right numbers for that one :(

Yes I know :(. I don't like these changes either but I will try to talk with TWI about the FP resistence. If it can be implemented then we'll change it back to the old values.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
Yes I know :(. I don't like these changes either but I will try to talk with TWI about the FP resistence. If it can be implemented then we'll change it back to the old values.

Sadly, all the damage scaling is hard coded, so as it is, TWI would have to make the weapon's pack part of the default content. What they can do is create a struct that stores damage scales in KFMonster and iterate over it when damage is applied.

Code:
struct dmgScale {
    var string dmgType;                   //Weapon's damage type class name
    var float dmgScale;                   //How much the damage should scale
    var bool bNeedHeadShot;               //True if headshot needs to be achieved
    var byte difficultyMask;              //Bitmask of what difficulty the scale applies on, bit 0 = Beginner, bit 5 = HoE
}
var array<dmgScale> damageScaleArray;
Sample usage for fleshpounds.

Code:
defaultproperties {
    damageScaleArray(0)=(dmgType="DamTypePipeBomb",dmgScale=2.00,bNeedHeadShot=false,difficultyMask=0x1F)
    damageScaleArray(1)=(dmgType="DamTypeFrag",dmgScale=2.00,bNeedHeadShot=false,difficultyMask=0x1F)
    damageScaleArray(2)=(dmgType="DamTypeM79Grenade",dmgScale=1.25,bNeedHeadShot=false,difficultyMask=0x1F)
    damageScaleArray(3)=(dmgType="DamTypeM32Grenade",dmgSCale=1.25,bNeedHeadShot=false,difficultyMask=0x1F)
    damageScaleArray(4)=(dmgType="DamTypeLAW",dmgScale=1.00,bNeedHeadShot=false,difficultyMask=0x1F)
    damageScaleArray(5)=(dmgType="DamTypeM14EBR",dmgScale=0.75,bNeedHeadShot=true,difficultyMask=0x1F)
    damageScaleArray(6)=(dmgType="DamTypeLawRocketImpact",dmgScale=0.75,bNeedHeadShot=true,difficultyMask=0x1F)
    damageScaleArray(7)=(dmgType="DamTypeWinchester",dmgScale=0.75,bNeedHeadShot=true,difficultyMask=0x1F)
    damageScaleArray(8)=(dmgType="DamTypeCrossbowHeadShot",dmgScale=0.35,bNeedHeadShot=true,difficultyMask=0x18)
    damageScaleArray(9)=(dmgType="DamTypeVomit",dmgScale=0.00,bNeedHeadShot=false,difficultyMask=0x1F)
}
Code:
//Return -1 if not found
function int findDmgTypeScale(String dmgType, array<dmgScale> dmgScaleArray) {
    local int index;
    local int i;

index=-1;
    for(i=0;index == -1 && i<dmgScaleArray.length;i++) {
        if (dmgType == dmgScaleArray[i].dmgType) {
            index = i;
        }
    }
    return index;
}

function int diffToMask(int difficulty) {
    if (difficulty == 7) {
        return 0x10;
    } else if (difficulty == 5) {
        return 0x8;
    }
    return difficulty;
}

function TakeDamage( int Damage, Pawn InstigatedBy, Vector Hitlocation, Vector Momentum, class<DamageType> damageType, optional int HitIndex) {
    local int dmgIndex;
    local bool bIsHeadShot;

bIsHeadShot = IsHeadShot(Hitlocation, normal(Momentum), 1.0);
    dmgIndex= findDmgTypeScale(String(damageType),damageScaleArray);
    if (dmgIndex != -1 && (damageScaleArray[dmgIndex].bNeedHeadShot && bIsHeadShot || !damageScaleArray[dmgIndex].bNeedHeadShot) && 
            diffToMask(Level.Game.Difficulty) & damageScaleArray[dmgIndex].difficultyMask != 0) {
        Damage*= damageScaleArray[dmgIndex].dmgScale;
    } else {
        Damage*= 0.5;
    }
     super.TakeDamage(Damage, instigatedBy, hitLocation, momentum, damageType,HitIndex) ;
}
This way, modders can just add their custom damage types to the damage scale array through a mutator.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Regarding the M99 Jack and Ivan:

Since you say it takes 3 headshots for the FP, and 1 headshot and 1 9mm headshot to kill Scrakes (perked, 6-man HoE), i assume that it means that the FP gets a 50% general resistance for the M99, no?

If so, then i have new values:

855 base damage
1.6x headshot multiplier

What those numbers do is:

LEVEL 6 SHARPSHOOTER:
1 shots (headshot) Scrakes on any 6-man difficulty
1 shots (headshot) Fleshpounds on 6-man Beginner, 5-man Normal, 3-man Hard, 2-man Suicidal, 2-man HoE. Everything above that requires 2 headshots (even 6-man HoE)

Note: Even a level 5 Sharpshooter can 2 shot (headshots) a 6-man HoE FP, but not a level 4 Sharpie. But it's just barely killing it.

Note: 6-man Hard requires the Sharpie to be level 4 to 2-headshot a Fleshpound.

OFFPERK:
1 shots (headshot) Scrakes on 6-man Beginner, 4-man Normal, 2-man Hard, 2-man Suicidal, 1-man HoE
2 shots (headshots) Scrakes on everything above that (Even 6-man HoE)
1 shots (headshot) Fleshpounds on 4-man Beginner. Needs more than that above that. (5 headshots for a 6-man HoE FP...)

So offperk, it's only useful against Scrakes, but quite dreadful (although, not as aweful as the Xbow) against Fleshpounds.

This means, that if, say, the Support players uses the M99 (who can carry a Shotgun with it), he is useful against Scrakes (like you guys wanted the rifle to be at first, right?)

EDIT: I don't know if this has been considered:
The Xbow bolts' current price is 20, and the M99 is 30. The Sharpshooter has a hidden discount for the Xbow bolts (42% discount at level 6), which leaves each bolt only costing 11,6

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack-Carver
Upvote 0
These are great balancing suggestions!
At the moment we will let the barret as it is in order to get it whitelisted:

3 lvl 6 Headshots on HOE to decap a FP.
1 lvl 6 Headshot and 1 9mm to decap a Scrake.

Aze's balancing suggestions seem to be way better but atm we just want these weapons to get whitelisted.

Thanks for the suggestions. If the weapons get whitelisted we will really balance it so that it is no longer underpowerd.

Upvote 0