• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Crash] Game Graphics Unplayable

beastage

Sep 13, 2011
My game graphics are red rended on every setting.
It's like some kinda texture bug.
My drivers are up-to-date and every other game on my pc like "Dead island" is working perfectly on high graphics.

Can anyone help me?

9B32968CD9BD26234E54CB99D58049F7E2D7693C

Yes exactly, only RO2 cause this problem. Doesn't matter in what setup i run. It doesn't lagg or whatever only I get this view. All red/light blue rended like it's my graphic card. But I cant imagine that cause I played BF:BC2 in high graphics. My GPU/CPU tempetures are fine. and I got 4GB Memory which is working perfectly. Ati 5850 Radeon graphic card from sapphire toxic.

I seriously wanna know how to fix, I reinstalled but that doesn't help. Also I can only get to video setup. Audio/gamecontrolls etc are blank. Can't edit anything there. Game works perfectly except for this frustrating graphics which makes it so ugly, unplayable.

Upvote 0
can you guys post your system specs including driver revisions, if we see what you 2 have in common we could perhaps find out what part RO2 doesn't like and get that fixed.

For now try the following as well:

Go to:
mydocuments\mygames\redorchestra2\config

and delete all the ini files (will be recreated upon launch).

----
Do this as well:

Open steam -> go to games library -> right click ro2 hos -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity of game cache.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
can you guys post your system specs including driver revisions, if we see what you 2 have in common we could perhaps find out what part RO2 doesn't like and get that fixed.

For now try the following as well:

Go to:

and delete all the ini files (will be recreated upon launch).

----
Do this as well:

Open steam -> go to games library -> right click ro2 hos -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity of game cache.

If done everything you said. Deleted the ini files and verified the integrity of the game cache. Results are negative.

75C0482196CAB984179E6902739EEE24828552BF

I changed my resolution to 1920x1080 (Which is my actually resolution) and started single player.

No luck yet and I'm sad I can't play a game I have waiting a long time for. I don't know what the problem is but I assure you it isn't my computer. Help.

Upvote 0
try the following for a bit set all settings in the game to lowest and tick of all options in the graphical settings.

Next go to

open ROengine.ini with notepad

press control + f and search for depthoffield

it should be under
[SystemSettings]
and then
DepthOfField=True

Change the text that says True into False.

---------------------

when in the main menu open the console with ~ or

Upvote 0
Seriously, check you gpu temps guys. That looks like artifacting and temp induced glitching.

RO2 actually pushes my gpu's higher than any other game because of poor optimization. I'm running 75 c consistently across 3 gpu's while playing and 90% + usage.

Games like bfbc2 using run at 65 c 30% usage.

Like I said, It's nothing to do with the temp.

@Zetsumei

You're a ****ing genius. I guess it was the depthoffield that was causing this problem. Thats the only thing I changed and started single player again. Results are positive. No more Red stuff, everything looks fine. I'll keep an eye out for the same or other problems. Hope this will help other people out with the same problem.
As Zetsumei said.

open ROengine.ini file with notepad and search for Deptoffield and change it to FALSE.

Super bedankt ;)

Upvote 0
try the following for a bit set all settings in the game to lowest and tick of all options in the graphical settings.

Next go to

open ROengine.ini with notepad

press control + f and search for depthoffield

it should be under
[SystemSettings]
and then
DepthOfField=True

Change the text that says True into False.

---------------------

when in the main menu open the console with ~ or

Upvote 0