• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

I heard that if you go a week without sleep, you could die. But idk.

yeah, you die faster from lack of sleep then from starvation. In fact, you might even die faster than from thirst, but the two are pretty much tied in that one.

Isn't that how most of the troops died during the Bataan death march? Either exhaustion or lack of sleep? Hmm...I'd be careful, Rainbowcakesz

Upvote 0
around 40. Not too much, but I'm not going to be going further for the sake of competition (I like my sleep, thank you):p
I don't find it competition, more so as a personal achievement.
'Achievement Unlocked!'
I heard that if you go a week without sleep, you could die. But idk.
I heard that too! Mostly from people who constantly played WoW that they just died.
There seems to be a few deaths related to WoW... I remember someone comitting suicide because something happened to their WoW account...
Hmm...I'd be careful, Rainbowcakesz
Thanks for the concern~ But I don't really have coffee or adreneline to my disposal, so sooner or later I'm going to hit the floor and take a snooze.
I'm just not tired at the moment because I'm watching an anime I havn't seen, but love~
My 72 streak was created when I was grinding on an MMORPG; I only broke that time because I decided to 'give my back a rest', and went out like a light... for 24 hours.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't find it competition, more so as a personal achievement.
'Achievement Unlocked!'

I heard that too! Mostly from people who constantly played WoW that they just died.
There seems to be a few deaths related to WoW... I remember someone comitting suicide because something happened to their WoW account...

Thanks for the concern~ But I don't really have coffee or adreneline to my disposal, so sooner or later I'm going to hit the floor and take a snooze.
I'm just not tired at the moment because I'm watching an anime I havn't seen, but love~
My 72 streak was created when I was grinding on an MMORPG; I only broke that time because I decided to 'give my back a rest', and went out like a light... for 24 hours.

as long as you don't die on us (or somehow do damage to yourself)!

Well, as long as it's a totally natural thing without caffeine or adreneline, it shouldn't do anything serious to you, so good luck with your acheivements, :D ;)

Upvote 0
Ugh! I ran my hand through my hair and I thought my hair was made of plastic for a second there. Fatigue sets in at...
Previously mentioned time + However many hours it was between that and this post.

When fatigued...! Watch more Shounen-ai! <emoticon unavailiable>

Go to sleep you freak.

I've been trying to get into a regular sleep schedule and failing miserably. I start classes again on Monday so that should be interesting.

Upvote 0
well, I just went to a big talk with a bunch of guys (including the Mexican consulate and the ex-major of Baghdad) on immigration....luckily I got a good seat because most people were absent from it and instead were viewing the car show down the street (I went earlier, so :p ). I still don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing.:confused:

Upvote 0
Well, my DVD player finally went Tango Uniform on me, and my wife desssperately wanted to watch some movie she got off Netflix. So, I had to brave the mob at Wal Mart on a Saturday and buy a Blu-Ray player.

Anyway, that's just the set-up for the real ***** of the situation. I'm trying to set up the Blu-Ray player, right, and now I can't remember what the password is to my LAN.

bleh.

Upvote 0
ROFL...
I know where you're coming from.
I picked up a nifty little program called PasswordVault a few years ago. (Its gone up in price since...) Basically all I have to remember is one password. That gets me into the program where I can enter info for other passwords. The info is encrypted so even if someone gets the data file, they can't do anything with it.

With online brokerage accounts, bank accounts, emails accounts, LANs, Steam, EFTPS accounts for payroll tax payments, and on and on and on, its really handy. For each account you have you can enter a username, a pw (or have it generate one), answers to challenge questions, etc.....what ever you can think of. If I can't remember the username or pw for a website or bank account or email acccount, all I have to do is fire this small program up, enter one pw and voila. And it allows you to copy and paste the username and the PW to the website you're visiting. So you can have some really cryptic PW's and usernames if need be.

At my age, I can't live without it!

Upvote 0
well, I just went to a big talk with a bunch of guys (including the Mexican consulate and the ex-major of Baghdad) on immigration....luckily I got a good seat because most people were absent from it and instead were viewing the car show down the street (I went earlier, so :p ). I still don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing.:confused:
You got to see both, right? So, that's good!
Go to sleep you freak.
;_;

I did, and woke up just then with a frog on my arm, I jumped ten feet screaming until I saw what it was.
Just shy of 160 hours. Tail end of a deployment, had some stuff had to happen before hitting the pier.
Literally, hitting a pier?

Upvote 0